Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Zealand VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Zealand VPS

Hi,

Looking for a cheap NZ VPS to use as a VPN for accessing premier league pass.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Comments

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

This is the only NZ based provider I know of offering low-ish prices:

https://kgovps.com/virtual-machines

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
    edited August 2014

vpn.sh has a Auckland based vpn server if your just after VPN, got a good deal from somewhere here @liamwithers

Note : They do have issues on other locations but there NZ one works great i use it 24/7 from Wellington and speed is also great.

I think that POP is via kgovps actually. ;-)

Thanked by 2lukesUbuntu rmdort
    edited August 2014

Oliver said: I think that POP is via kgovps actually. ;-)

@Oliver just noticed they updated there website looks way better...

Do you know kgovps well? suppose you wouldnt know there DC they at i am trying to co/lo in NZ but the prices are insane

edited August 2014

Yes I know them, not sure if he is on here though: @kroau

Either way I wouldn't colo with the same people from what I have heard. If you want some suggestions/contacts send me a message. :-)

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • WoopWoop Member
    edited August 2014

lukesUbuntu said: Do you know kgovps well? suppose you wouldnt know there DC they at i am trying to co/lo in NZ but the prices are insane

I spoken the owner multiple times on IRC, he definitely knows his stuff.

It is housed in the Hosting Direct DC in Takapuna. The DC had a bit of a rocky reputation in the past, but it has changed owners and now seems to be fine. I've had a VPS at Kgo for a while and haven't had any problems yet.

In terms of Colo, HD is by far the cheapest option in Auckland. The 2 other main DC's (Orcon in Albany and The Data Center on Queen St) are very expensive. If you want something cheaper, I know there are cheaper options in both Christchurch and Palmerston North. Akamai Colo's in Palmy I'm pretty sure.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • Woop said: Palmerston North

I was thinking of hd.net.nz they have the best pricing i could find for 2 x 1U but location was bad for me i live in Wellington, colo in Palmerston North would prob be best option thanks for the info

• Woop said: Hosting Direct ... had a bit of a rocky reputation in the past, but it has changed owners

I don't think so: the companies register still lists Ben as a director and shareholder, and he's the one associated with most of the dodgy stuff that I've heard about. That's not to say that he hasn't improved, but he is still around.

• WoopWoop Member

Detruire said: I don't think so: the companies register still lists Ben as a director and shareholder, and he's the one associated with most of the dodgy stuff that I've heard about. That's not to say that he hasn't improved, but he is still around.

You could be right, that's only what I've heard. I think Kgovps has been there for a while now and I don't think they have had any issues.

If your out of Auckland, I guess it would be a bit more of a risk, but I'm a 10min drive away from the DC, so if there was any issues, would be easy to just go see them face to face.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • I've ordered a vpn.sh package but still waiting for it to be setup almost 30 hours later.

• they can be slow on ordering its manual provisioning my setup took 3 days @liamwithers can sort it.

@Gerrard8 If you want you can borrow my account till yours is setup just send me pm, and ill give you logon details, think you can hook in 5 devices per account.

• @lukesUbuntu said:
    they can be slow on ordering its manual provisioning my setup took 3 days liamwithers can sort it.

Gerrard8 If you want you can borrow my account till yours is setup just send me pm, and ill give you logon details, think you can hook in 5 devices per account.

Thanks Luke, just PMd you.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • im also interested in a cheap/reliable NZ based VPS (dont really mind where in NZ, so long as latency within the country is decent).

is kgovps the best option?

• Best? Not likely. Cheapest? Likely.

edited August 2014

decay said: kgovps

Yeah from what i have read kgovps is pretty decent, i have used vpscity & sitehost but was over priced & if i remember vpscity was crap, i gave up trying to find in NZ.

I should ask kim dot com if he could rent me some rack space as not having much luck getting into Wellington DC

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

You have vpsnine in the same price as kgovps https://www.vpsnine.com/hosting/locations.php

• @gbshouse said:
    You have vpsnine in the same price as kgovps https://www.vpsnine.com/hosting/locations.php

I don't see any $5 offers?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Gerrard8 - sorry haven't noticed the 5$ one, just looked on the top one which is 10$ :)