Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just noticed this at GVH in their FAQ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I just noticed this at GVH in their FAQ

Comments

• akzakz Member

@Licensecart said:
    Yep, Public stunt to get people to feel for him... Waits for the next one.

que suicide in 5 4 3 2..

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

It wasn't a publicity stunt, it was a legitimate low point because I thought it was all over due to the compromise. It wasn't all over, everything was feasible and we were able to get back up with the help of a lot of people, including @WebSearchingPro and @MarkTurner who helped greatly.

Believe what you want, I am telling it how it is.

• @GVH_Jon said:
    It wasn't a publicity stunt, it was a legitimate low point because I thought it was all over due to the compromise. It wasn't all over, everything was feasible and we were able to get back up with the help of a lot of people, including WebSearchingPro and MarkTurner who helped greatly.

Believe what you want, I am telling it how it is.

Haven't you ever heard of the saying "Cry Wolf"? You are full of lies who... is going to believe you when it's true?

Cry wolf is an expression that means "raise a false alarm", derived from the fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf. - Wikipedia

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2014

GVH_Jon said: It wasn't all over

Until the next time. Which won't be long. Then you can get the "I am deeply, truly, madly" sorry post ready.

I have no doubt you are #winning out of this in many respects, you have gained/gaining a lot of clients however the price vs resource is the only way you are doing it. Far too many customers on each node.

The type of clients you are getting are shall we say in the majority poor English speakers who tend to abuse more which causes node issues as we often see. But you can beat them down using the "If you can't speak good English, we won't help you and don't care about your issues".

You are running nothing more than a house of cards, and the wind is not blowing in your favor, it never has.

Sensible clients won't go near you, many providers are more than likely happy because you are taking the lions share of the abusers.

The whole warranty with all your money back reeks of desperation. If you were that sure of yourself then you would not need something like that. But I hope most of your clients appreciate that you will always find an excuse never to repay. One false promise after another.

I doubt you even remember how to tell the truth about anything.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • MunMun Member

This is getting good.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • The bigger issue here from my point of view is others getting themselves so wound up about a web host on the interwebs. Just ignore it guys?

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2014

No, I don't think so. It is as boring and predictable as any GHV thread. And in the end, Jon and his monkey business gain undeserved public exposure.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • So guys, you do realize that this thread (and many others) further provides free advertising for GreenValueHost / Jon ; and you can say what you want, they will always continue to get customers due to their price point alone.

Many people here on LET don't even care if the server works, they'll just purchase it and run a benchmark on it; or if it's for HitLeap, they really really don't care how it works; they just want the fake hits to come through.

We are now price matching some of GVH's plans (must be a KVM plan, and must be a monthly price. Offers count, but you must prove that you are an existing customer with a paid account (screenshot of the invoice suffices, although doesn't always show the exact specifications.)

If you want to see less GVH threads, give the customers an alternative.

Thanked by 2netomx orak
  • LeeLee Veteran

GoodHosting said: So guys, you do realize that this thread (and many others) further provides free advertising

It does indeed, however with each thread it also serves to deter as many as it will encourage.

• akzakz Member
    edited August 2014

@W1V_Lee said:

also if it means giving them exposure to those who cant read/make the smart choice or those who are going to abuse by all means promote on. A node full of abusers on gvh is better than abusers on other legit providers. (itll help weed out the garbage and jonny boy can farm them all)

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited August 2014

@W1V_Lee said:

but the kind of people it would deter (i.e. those looking for stable/mission critical/reliable services) will already be using something like Linode, FutureHosting or EDIS (or LET top 10 providers).

The kind of people who want a cheap VPS to play around with, use for non-important stuff probably don't care.

• orakorak Member

When will people understand; there is no bad publicity.

Thanked by 2Shoaib_A artv
  • @GoodHosting

We don't offer KVM yet but when we do (soon) good luck one-upping our Dual Xeon E5-2620v2, 12x 3TB SATA HW RAID 10, 256GB RAM monster node configs.

• I love complaining, that's why I chose GVH.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014

GVH_Jon said: Dual Xeon E5-2620v2, 12x 3TB SATA HW RAID 10, 256GB RAM

CPU is way too weak for monster node. For density that you are planning on 18TB storage and 256 gb ram I would suggest quad processors. That is friendly advice.

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    GoodHosting

We don't offer KVM yet but when we do (soon) good luck one-upping our Dual Xeon E5-2620v2, 12x 3TB SATA HW RAID 10, 256GB RAM monster node configs.

I already did it is called http://catalysthost.com/

They offer great service, they don't lie to my face. They always have a happy face. Their servers are never oversold to an extreme where a simple php script causes over 100load, like in your case.

The funny thing is when I need to put a ticket in it usually is solved within 1 hour or less and they actually SOLVE IT.

• Our KVM services would compete on price. We're going to look to shift the entire low end hosting industry's prices on KVM and other hardware based virtualization hosting.

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    Our KVM services would compete on price. We're going to look to shift the entire low end hosting industry's prices on KVM and other hardware based virtualization hosting.

You can compete on price all you like but it will still equal shit.

Sometimes you want quality so you don't have to constantly put tickets in asking why my service is down.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @GVH_Jon said:
    Our KVM services would compete on price. We're going to look to shift the entire low end hosting industry's prices on KVM and other hardware based virtualization hosting.

Shift it on the uptime?

Thanked by 2Brad ryanarp
  • Mun said: You can compete on price all you like but it will still equal shit.

Sometimes you want quality so you don't have to constantly put tickets in asking why my service is down.

There'll still be a market for that kind of service though.

• LeeLee Veteran

@orak said:
    When will people understand; there is no bad publicity.

If one person looks at this thread and as a result says I am not buying from GVH because of it, well yeah, that is bad publicity.

Thanked by 3akz Licensecart tux
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

Fun fact of the day guys, @W1V_Lee made one of the original GVH logos.

• Am I the only one who hasn't got any problems for the past 6 months or so? Yes, there are some outages, but these aren't long and it could happen to all the hosters here. Yes, the support is slow but what else do you expect for a vps at this price... Also, I don't have any performance issues.

Am I just a lucky one? I also think a lot of people are bashing GVH because others do, except for people like @Mun, who has proof and a clear story.

• Also, I DO see some failures with GVH, but I know Jon is working on this. I can't expect Jon wants to deliver a bad service.

• @cassa said:
    Am I the only one who hasn't got any problems for the past 6 months or so? Yes, there are some outages, but these aren't long and it could happen to all the hosters here. Yes, the support is slow but what else do you expect for a vps at this price... Also, I don't have any performance issues.

Am I just a lucky one? I also think a lot of people are bashing GVH because others do, except for people like Mun, who has proof and a clear story.

Nope, my VPS has been pretty good for what I paid. Very few outages (none that I remember)

• MunMun Member
    edited August 2014

@cassa a lot of people have tried GVH in the past, many with horrible stories. I am not saying they their isn't good in GVH, but it is over shadowed by Jon's inability to actually run a company.

Honestly, who on the face of this planet tells Jon to terminate me as a client that can not be stated? It sounds honestly like their is another hand in the cookie jar.

• W1V_Lee said: If one person looks at this thread and as a result says I am not buying from GVH because of it, well yeah, that is bad publicity.

Then you have a poor measure of what is good and bad publicity. If this thread brings GVH to the attention of ten people who go onto purchase services and turns away 'one person' then the affect of this thread is positive.

I'm not suggesting either situation is reality, just that your hypothetical argument is flawed.

• @Mun said:
    Honestly, who on the face of this planet tells Jon to terminate me as a client that can not be stated? It sounds honestly like their is another hand in the cookie jar.

There is really no doubt who's hand that is. One just looks at the history of the providers involved, and it all becomes clear as day.

• MunMun Member

@MattKC said:
    There is really no doubt who's hand that is. One just looks at the history of the providers involved, and it all becomes clear as day.

Maybe I am missing whom the hand is, but in any way it is bad because that means Jon doesn't even have control of his own company.

• Mun said:

Maybe I am missing whom the hand is, but in any way it is bad because that means Jon doesn't even have control of his own company.

Looks like he doesn't have any control over his community forums either.