Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just noticed this at GVH in their FAQ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• Posted that in the Cest Pit too, funny reading :p

• GVH again? If there is a vote for the most popular provider, I think I know the winner lol.

• LeoKLeoK Member

I once read a post where someone one said they were inept. I think this shows they are actually well aware.

• there is always drama from gvh/john

• You know what's more funny?

Rating: 0 Users Found This Useful (11 Votes)

• It might not be a very useful article but it still is containing some truth, alot of people just complain out of nowhere without any valid reason. this article might give them some common sense and make them realize they should work things out with the provider at first before throwing dirt on a company's reputation.

Thanked by 2cassa sz1hosting
  • In fairness, @MCHPhil has a similar policy in his TOS (#13):

If you run to a forum and cry about something before trying to work it out with me you will void your refund rights.

Though My Custom Hosting provides a pretty solid service (from my experience). I don't think it's unreasonable for providers to want to resolve things without being blackmailed in forums. Nevertheless, the Internet could certainly use fewer GVH threads, IMHO.

Thanked by 3MCHPhil orak jvnadr
  • @JustAMacUser said:
    In fairness, MCHPhil has a similar policy in his TOS (#13):

Though My Custom Hosting provides a pretty solid service (from my experience). I don't think it's unreasonable for providers to want to resolve things without being blackmailed in forums. Nevertheless, the Internet could certainly use fewer GVH threads, IMHO.

Yeah I've seen this before.

This is how all hosts should be tbh. If you haven't even attempted to work things out with the provider, you can't blame them for not sorting it.

• The staff here at GreenValueHost give their absoltue best effort in assisting our clients.

*absolute

• MunMun Member

Pics or it didn't happen is now covered!

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • MunMun Member

Its getting up there :

• MunMun Member

Also,

Gotta cover my images!

Thanked by 2GoodHosting orak
  • noosVPSnoosVPS Member
    edited August 2014

Even after all this, GVH will still grow and attract clients due to their rock-bottom prices. Many who accuse GVH left, right and center in public forums have VPS with them and contribute to their business.

I highly doubt whether any other normal hosting company can add this content to their FAQ and get off without some loss of clients/revenue. GVH is clearly not bothered because they are aware that even if they give high-school tech support, even if their network is unstable, even if **** fill in the blanks ****, nothing is going to happen.

At most they will get some heat in public forums (which will in no way improve their attitude towards business, as confirmed by this FAQ), but they know that nobody is going to cancel services.

It is a lot better to leave GVH alone and stop opening a new GVH promotion/publicity thread everyday.

• JustAMacUserJustAMacUser Member
    edited August 2014

@noosVPS said:
    It is a lot better to leave GVH alone and stop opening a new GVH promotion/publicity thread everyday.

This. The only GVH posts should be replies to their offer threads, which should be actual customer experiences so new comers can know what type of service GVH provides.

(And with that said, I'm not going to contribute further to bumping this thread.)

• really?

• yeah. GVH guys Sucks

• Thanks for the free advertising folks.

Remember to subscribe to our mailing list for some more great offers.

Enjoy your evening.

Thanked by 2hostnoob FredQc
  • If they did this in .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine On

# Knowledgebase
    RewriteRule ^knowledgebase/([0-9]+)/[a-z0-9_-]+\.html$ ./knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=$1 [L,NC]
    RewriteRule ^knowledgebase/([0-9]+)/([^/]*)$ ./knowledgebase.php?action=displaycat&catid=$1 [L,NC]
    RewriteRule ^knowledgebase$ ./knowledgebase.php [L,NC]

Is there anyone who can guess the URL of that page? o.O

Thanked by 2orak darkshire
  • How do you know what's in their htaccess?

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • akzakz Member
    edited August 2014

@GVH_Jon said:
    Thanks for the free advertising folks.

Enjoy your evening.

keep digging ur grave jon, ill be sure to remind you of such asinine comments edging users to hate you more when you're crying for forgiveness.

enjoy your evening.

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited August 2014

@GVH_Jon said:
    Thanks for the free advertising folks.

Enjoy your evening.

Thanks for all the custom that leaves you to a decent host. Thanks for showing people how NOT to do business. And thanks for showing us how childish you guys really are :).

PS: Jon please go to: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1403564 I want to see what drama you can do in that thread :).

< MOD edit: this video was even more childish than what you accuse others of being >

Thanked by 1akz
  • @zombiekiller753, Why did you think I know?

It's by default when you download WHMCS, there's file named htaccess.txt. You only need to rename that file becomes .htaccess to get the SEF URLs.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Support_Center#Search_Engine_Friendly_URLS

That's why I'd like to know the URL of that page, if they enabled the SEF of WHMCS URLs. o.O

• @Licensecart we gain around 10 customers for every customer we permanently lose in a time period of 3 months. Most customers that leave .. come back to us at a later time, usually a few months, to purchase a new service. We're a few thousand customers strong and still growing.

You guys are continuing to give us free advertising. It's evident that if we didn't have satisfied customers we wouldn't still be alive and wouldn't be able to give the deals that we do.

These types of threads actually bring us business. I've had a customer tell me over the phone they read one of these, visited our site and decided to buy from us out of curiosity. Sometimes their curiosity leads to disappointment because we can't satisfy everyone, but most of the time their curiosity leads to satisfaction, which is what most of our customers are. Even Maarten has a few services with us, come on now guys.

"GVH can't be affording all of this, they must be in huge debt to CC and Quadra!!"

http://prntscr.com/4dgq03
    http://prntscr.com/4dgqe2

This will be the last that I say on this matter. I really don't want to cause drama and I don't think these threads are serving the purpose that the OPs want them to.

• GVH_Jon said: and I don't think these threads are serving the purpose that the OPs want them to.

Exactly!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @GVH_Jon said:
    Licensecart we gain around 10 customers for every customer we permanently lose in a time period of 3 months. Most customers that leave .. come back to us at a later time, usually a few months, to purchase a new service. We're a few thousand customers strong and still growing.

If you say so haha 10 for every 3, no proof of that is there? There seems to be a new thread every single day. Keep dreaming kid...

You guys are continuing to give us free advertising. It's evident that if we didn't have satisfied customers we wouldn't still be alive and wouldn't be able to give the deals that we do.

You would always be alive, people love cheap and you offer poorly bad cheap service, and for deals because you get cheap CC servers.

These types of threads actually bring us business. I've had a customer tell me over the phone they read one of these, visited our site and decided to buy from us out of curiosity. Sometimes their curiosity leads to disappointment because we can't satisfy everyone, but most of the time their curiosity leads to satisfaction, which is what most of our customers are. Even Maarten has a few services with us, come on now guys.

No maybe they found common sense and left you, wrote a nice bad review, and they lost a few dollars, don't worry you will die soon (Hopefully) just like BurstNET.

"GVH can't be affording all of this, they must be in huge debt to CC and Quadra!!"

http://prntscr.com/4dgq03
    http://prntscr.com/4dgqe2

Well done you have 1 service at QuadraNET and over 300 tickets! You are splashing the money. And for Hudson Valley well done on crossing out the services and over 1000 tickets. Well done Jonny you win a Gold ticket!

This will be the last that I say on this matter. I really don't want to cause drama and I don't think these threads are serving the purpose that the OPs want them to.

You going to the WHT thread now?

• You have 38 opened tickets with your providers, what is that, abuse, spam, phishing?

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited August 2014

greenvaluehost was available on freenode for anyone interested.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited August 2014

GVH_Jon said: Thanks for the free advertising folks.

Enjoy your evening.

so the suicide drama is also your advertising strategy !?

• @namhuy said:
    so the suicide drama is also your advertising strategy !?

Yep, Public stunt to get people to feel for him... Waits for the next one.