Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Req] Dedicated Server, Unmetered BW, 1TB HD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Req] Dedicated Server, Unmetered BW, 1TB HD

So any good provides for a TRULY unmetered BW Server?

Specs needed:
Decent CPU (Lots of processes/Downloads)
4GB of ram
1TB HD
Truly Unmetered BW I can use 30TB+ per month.
At least 400mbps BW Speed (As most of the site is downloads)

Not sure if I want anything yet, but I need some places to start with.

My Budget is $50. I was looking at online.net BUT The 150mbps gurented BW sort of turned me off and the high plans are over budget. Sorry if any bad spelling Chrome autocorrect sucks today lol.

Must be a long term host. Keep in my DMCA is no issue never got one as all my files are not infringing.

Comments

• said: My Budget is $50. I was looking at online.net BUT The 150mbps gurented BW sort of turned me off and the high plans are over budget.

Summed it up perfectly. Can't have fast speeds, unmetered 1gbit AND at $50/month. Bandwidth costs way higher than that.

• that 150 is just guranteed, you can use over that.

• With that budget your best bet would be to go for the Online.net offering and do your best with the 150Mb/s - 1Gb/s connection.

• Only 1 i can think is official OVH, but nothings ever unmetered. You could try go with versaweb they to 50 TB bw / month on every dedicated server so that should be enough

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited August 2014

The cheapest soyoustart servers have 250mbps guaranteed. They are roughly in your price range

30TB is only 100mbps, so soyoustart would be good especially as it's 1gbps burstable

• @hyelton said:
    So any good provides for a TRULY unmetered BW Server?

Specs needed:
    Decent CPU (Lots of processes/Downloads)
    4GB of ram
    1TB HD
    Truly Unmetered BW I can use 30TB+ per month.
    At least 400mbps BW Speed (As most of the site is downloads)

Not sure if I want anything yet, but I need some places to start with.

My Budget is $50. I was looking at online.net BUT The 150mbps gurented BW sort of turned me off and the high plans are over budget. Sorry if any bad spelling Chrome autocorrect sucks today lol.

Must be a long term host. Keep in my DMCA is no issue never got one as all my files are not infringing.

Alternatively you could get an i3 from kimsufi.com. They have 100mbps unmetered but cost a lot less than your budget, you could even get a few?

• Take a look at www.datashack.net - they include a 1Gbit network port + 20TB of bandwidth.

• Have a look at OneProvider, their Paris range has what you're looking for (http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france), they resell Online.net servers. While it's a shared 1Gbps port, I have utilized over 800Mbps before and used over 30TB in one month.

• I`ve looked into Kimsufi before but that 9.99 Euro setup fee is what stops me. Also with SoYouStart it looks awesome but a 69 Euro Setup fee

• @hyelton said:
    I`ve looked into Kimsufi before but that 9.99 Euro setup fee is what stops me. Also with SoYouStart it looks awesome but a 69 Euro Setup fee

oneprovider is a good choice then, the x3450 would suit your needs in France for 27 euro

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited August 2014

@sc754 said:
    oneprovider is a good choice then, the x3450 would suit your needs in France for 27 euro

How well off is the Intel Xeon X3450 2.66Ghz + IPMI ?

And how is Oneprovider?

And they wont complain about the BW?

• @hyelton said:

It's a good cpu, similar in performance to the last gen i7's (i7 860 for instance). Oneprovider are good, but support is slow, however you have IPMI so you won't need much support assuming you know what you are doing. The bandwidth and server are resold from online.net, so no they won't complain.

• sc754 said: oneprovide

As long as they have an OS installer not so good on that one lol.

One thing I've been reading are setup times. Sadly some peoples setup times are delayed by several days but yet online.net only takes a few minutes

• Yeah setup is 1-3 working days with oneprovider, but it's cheaper than online.net so whichever works. You could try the 8 core atom from online.net I've heard they are good.

• @sc754 said:
    Yeah setup is 1-3 working days with oneprovider, but it's cheaper than online.net so whichever works. You could try the 8 core atom from online.net I've heard they are good.

I tried the 8 core it was nice, but I was topping it out a lot of the time. I'll probably place an order with one provider. Its just I had enough free time tonight and tommrow to transfer everything, but I guess I can wait.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@hyelton said:
    I`ve looked into Kimsufi before but that 9.99 Euro setup fee is what stops me. Also with SoYouStart it looks awesome but a 69 Euro Setup fee

It's just 9.99, come on.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • Lol 10 euro one time fee stopped you? That's like skipping lunch once...

Thanked by 2netomx ihatetonyy
  • @joereid said:
    Lol 10 euro one time fee stopped you? That's like skipping lunch once...

And The 100mbps port.

• Slicebox comes with 100mbps unmetered 1TB HDD at $27.

• Ordering from OneProvider.com I guess

• MunMun Member

Are you sure you need that much bandwidth, that is quite a lot. LIKE A LOT.

• @Mun said:
    Are you sure you need that much bandwidth, that is quite a lot. LIKE A LOT.

Its the 17th of Aug and so far since the first I've used about 24TB of BW.

• 007shinobi007shinobi Member
    edited August 2014

I believe OneProvider is decent, but I prefer the support of Online.net. I mean their both in the same datacenter anyway but I think OneProvider's data lines have a higher load (may just be because it is located in DC2). Still, they both have great bandwidth for your money.

• MunMun Member

@hyelton said:
    Its the 17th of Aug and so far since the first I've used about 24TB of BW.

Have you tried something like cloudflare?

• zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2014

I had more than 10 of oneprovider's e3-1230v1's at one point. never really tried a long sustained download, but at least for 10m, they all hit at least 30MB/s. upstream may be a different story, i don't know.

ed: re: "Decent CPU", shouldn't mess with the X3450, it's only 2 euro cheaper than the e3-1230 and quite a bit slower. also nahalem vs sandy bridge

... oh, the longest they ever took was 3 business days. also remember that business day = not french time, it's quebec

• @zevus said:
    I had more than 10 of oneprovider's e3-1230v1's at one point. never really tried a long sustained download, but at least for 10m, they all hit at least 30MB/s. upstream may be a different story, i don't know.

ed: re: "Decent CPU", shouldn't mess with the X3450, it's only 2 euro cheaper than the e3-1230 and quite a bit slower. also nahalem vs sandy bridge

Too late now, But the one with the your talking about has been sold out

• I still check their site probably once or twice a week, this is the first time that E3-1230 has been out of stock in at least a month (at least the times I checked). The i3-530 has been out of stock all but once, I think.

They have some godawful amount of them (all the old ones from online.net when they upgraded to 1230v2).

They bench like 8500? or something vs the 4500-5000 of the X3450... and later architecture... it's definitely worth waiting a few extra days for

• @zevus said:
    I still check their site probably once or twice a week, this is the first time that E3-1230 has been out of stock in at least a month (at least the times I checked). The i3-530 has been out of stock all but once, I think.

They have some godawful amount of them (all the old ones from online.net when they upgraded to 1230v2).

They bench like 8500? or something vs the 4500-5000 of the X3450... and later architecture... it's definitely worth waiting a few extra days for
    @zevus said:
    I still check their site probably once or twice a week, this is the first time that E3-1230 has been out of stock in at least a month (at least the times I checked). The i3-530 has been out of stock all but once, I think.

I was lucky with my server and got the LT Dedibox for 36 euros (under $49) with the e3-1240v2. Plenty of power. Of course not all of them have this upgrade.

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited August 2014

@zevus said:

It seems like OP's constraint is bandwidth and not cpu, and those 1230's are always out of stock when I look

• This is my current CPU on a VPS:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2
    8x 2500 MHz