Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost AUGUST SALE: *PURE SSD* High BW VPSes / High Storage / CHEAP IPv4 starting @ $8.95/yr - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost AUGUST SALE: *PURE SSD* High BW VPSes / High Storage / CHEAP IPv4 starting @ $8.95/yr

124»

Comments

• wychwych Member

@Mun's on a mad one.

• MunMun Member

@wych said:
    Mun's on a mad one.

I'm tired of his bull shit.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @wych said:
    Mun's on a mad one.

Lol, he lost his iPad then ... j/k

• wychwych Member

@Mun said:

Aint the only one. I want my $300.

• just test this provider, i'm ready buy, and pay, but you see this http://postimg.org/image/6t75trg5h/ ....

• Oversell...stay away with these GVH.i'm 100% sure all node are bullshit

• Packets: Sent = 7473, Received = 5111, Lost = 2362 (31% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 189ms, Maximum = 2809ms, Average = 409ms

• can you upgrade your node/vm or whatever ?, because when i want to reinstall new OS, the old OS still running, i get this issues for three times, so please check ALL your node NOW, sorry for my bad english, thx :)

• @antiydca Do you happen to be in Seattle?

• sWpsWp Member
    edited August 2014

Except for a migration to another node (and subsequent reissuing of IPs), which were both announced early, I have had absolutely no problems with GVH.

I use my VPS to seed patches via BitTorrent for an indie game and have used about 2 TB in 70 days. Uptime is solid, no downtime except for said migration and reboots of my own choice.

I sent in four tickets, for requesting a recent Fedora template and some PTR record modifications. Most issues/requests were resolved within the hour or less.

Traceroute from my home connection to the VPS:
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms openwrt.home.local [172.31.1.1]
    2 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms x.x.x.x
    3 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms x.x.x.x
    4 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms vlan626.bw2.breedbandnederland.nl [46.226.56.69]
    5 9 ms 1 ms 1 ms 78.152.56.37
    6 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms eth1-1.core1.ams2.nl.as5580.net [78.152.44.77]
    7 7 ms 7 ms 6 ms eth7-1.core1.lon1.uk.as5580.net [78.152.44.238]
    8 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms eth1-7.core1.lon2.uk.as5580.net [78.152.44.98]
    9 92 ms 99 ms 86 ms eth1-2.edge1.nyc4.us.as5580.net [80.94.64.134]
    10 138 ms 96 ms 96 ms 78.152.57.111
    11 96 ms 96 ms 96 ms 10.8.17.82
    12 102 ms 97 ms 97 ms 10.8.8.142
    13 96 ms 96 ms 96 ms host.colocrossing.com [23.95.121.2]
    14 96 ms 96 ms 96 ms hidden.host.name [23.95.x.x]

8721 packets transmitted, 8720 received, 0% packet loss, time 8732199ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 96.093/96.355/156.882/0.771 ms

Just saying it's not all bad at GVH and it was $12 for a year, hard to beat that. The only thing, in my opinion, GVH could improve upon is the use of LESS CAPS in their communication.

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    antiydca Do you happen to be in Seattle?

Ohhh Jon, are you going to ignore our comments now? I haven't said anything unreasonable and yet you act like it isn't worth your time to denounce what has happened.

• akzakz Member

@Mun said:

i doubt he will, hes too busy making up fake titles for his fake staff.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • MunMun Member

@akz said:
    i doubt he will, hes too busy making up fake titles for his fake staff.

I wouldn't say that, I think he just can't right his wrongs, and instead ignores them like they never happened.

• There was an outbound DoS attack on ssdla1 which caused packet loss. Attacker has been found and removed, issue fixed.

• akzakz Member

@Mun said:

hes incapable of righting wrongs, shits gonna hit the fan soon on his shotty promises and we will see another sob cry for help and forgiveness. Rinse and repeat lol

• @GVH_Jon said:
    I'm sorry but we receive 100-200 tickets per day, I can't remember them all.

yesss.. I wrote you 7 times (7 times offline) in this month (17th Aug now). 7 times during 17 days vps was offline (every 2-3 days)

Please BAN this "hosting service".

• What's your ticket id?

• Error reading symlink 'rc1.d'.
    Error listing directory '/etc'.

are u kidding me? even can't list files...yes! @evuln_com we must BAN this "hosting service".

• Even worst

Packets: Sent = 292, Received = 175, Lost = 117 (40% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 344ms, Maximum = 653ms, Average = 466ms

• We are aware of packet loss issues on ssdla1. We have an announcement open on it and we've been actively working on resolving the issue at the same time we've been informing clients.

• @GVH_Jon said:
    We are aware of packet loss issues on ssdla1. We have an announcement open on it and we've been actively working on resolving the issue at the same time we've been informing clients.

Can you tell me how many VPSes which are deployed on 1 node?

• @windytime90 said:
    Can you tell me how many VPSes which are deployed on 1 node?

everything.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited August 2014

Toadyus said: A competent provider should not be dealing with 100-200 tickets per day. Maybe you should spend more time learning WTF you're doing before you come back to LET and advertise.

That goes both ways, the learning.

Competence isn't linked to a ticket number. I'm guessing Linode are getting way over 200 tickets a day and they're very competent.

I'm not saying GVH is competent nor am I saying they are not, but without knowing a variety of other things you can't judge whether someone is competent.

Mun said: Does that mean I win an iPad because I did more then anyone else to the point you needed to terminate me?

I really don't like your spamming of the PM conversation between you two. It gets boring and it's really not that interesting.

I have to say though, you've been trying to use the bandwidth fair and square so you should be receiving that iPad mini. I'm not sure when you were terminated and everything, but out of all the stories I heard your use was quite legitimate.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited August 2014

My v standard VPS with GVH has been fine for nearly 2 weeks now, 100% uptime in uptimerobot and not too bad speeds - 50mbit in speedtests.

New $9.95 a year one not too bad also.