Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost AUGUST SALE: *PURE SSD* High BW VPSes / High Storage / CHEAP IPv4 starting @ $8.95/yr - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost AUGUST SALE: *PURE SSD* High BW VPSes / High Storage / CHEAP IPv4 starting @ $8.95/yr

Comments

• akzakz Member
    edited August 2014

heh since everyone else is asking; @gvh_jon wheres my refund?

• Thanked by 1FredQc
  • @Mun said:
    pcjamesy

Correct, and they had gig ports on the node. I couldn't actually saturate the port and though I tried my best to increase the amount of data I was able to push I couldn't get above about 50Mbps. To say I was saturating the port isn't true, unless they lied about the specs of the server, which should be around 1000Mbps.

It was more likely I was causing overage(s) because they were limited to 10Tbs a month per node and I was using a good chunk of that.

1. We didn't lie about the port. It was truly 1000Mbps. CC doesn't do anything less than 1000mbps in Buffalo.
    2. 10TB bandwidth is the DEFAULT amount of bandwidth per CC server. We had/have a custom bandwidth arrangement.
  • MunMun Member

GVH_Jon said: We didn't lie about the port. It was truly 1000Mbps. CC doesn't do anything less than 1000mbps in Buffalo.

10TB bandwidth is the DEFAULT amount of bandwidth per CC server. We had/have a custom bandwidth arrangement.

So I wasn't pegging your port, I wasn't an overcommitment on your bandwidth, then what honest reason does your secret friend have for terminating me?

I honestly think I should be compensated for the 100TB challenge as you fore fitted. One iPad should do. C=

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • Curious, did anyone actually win that 100TB contest?!

• MunMun Member

@noosVPS said:
    Curious, did anyone actually win that 100TB contest?!

It was never stated, so ...no.

I know Shovey tried to use his commitment by doing wgets but was terminated.

• ATHKATHK Member

Mun said: One iPad should do

More like two ... you've gone through enough already.. :(

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • MunMun Member

@ATHK said:
    More like two ... you've gone through enough already.. :(

XD

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited August 2014

Based on the situation, replies above, and my personal opinion, I believe @Mun deserves an iPad Mini from GVH.

I've watched this gong show for quite some time and... well... Jon's replies speak for themselves.

Thanked by 3ryanarp akz darkshire
  • oops, I just found the ticket was closed without any reply after I give number.
    hehe

• Because I gave you an answer here.

• Jon is the biggest pile of crap since slice bread... maybe he should go back to his hole and stay there.

Thanked by 2akz darkshire
  • Error... can't send bitcoin payment

• big space but cannot use with torrent, if use with torrent the vps cannot long life

• GVH_Jon said: You haven't been a client for 4 months. Improvements started happening in July.

So your service before "July" is crap !?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

GVH_Jon said: You've been pulling the consistent bandwidth usage for months and months even when the "contest' wasn't a thing. Believe it or not it actually was not my decision to cancel your service. I was told by someone, who I can't say for the record, that I needed to have your service cancelled and to communicate it to you.

The unbelievable thing about you, Jon, is that you don't even learn a thing from your mistakes and past behavior... When people shows your crappy attitude to clients, you cover yourself behind "other people you cannot reveal their identity" or new "ceo, Meo" or whatever staff you claim they took control over your company (all lies, of course) and when things are getting worse, then you come here with cries and begging for forgiveness promising that you learned and you will be a better person/professional.

Again, the same advice a lot of people gave you over the time: stop arguing with let/leb users, try to fix your problems, be polite and proffesional and stop blaming others for your big mistakes. Don't try to turn the lights on you, lower your profile and grab the opportunity of being able to continue to post offers here.

People will always remind to others about your grand failures. But if you improve you business model, over the time (if you keep low profile) you could change the way people see you (it has to be done with tons of work, though). Take as an example Skylar, he had a couple of big failures here when he was a minor like you, some people didn't want to see him again in hosting industry but now, he provides some of the most stable and reasonably priced services on LET/LEB.

P.S. Didn't you claim in an other thread that you will not post offers here for a while?

Thanked by 2Licensecart akz
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

Nah probably not going to be posting offers for a little while. We're still in cleanup mode. Thanks for the welcome back :)
    in The Cest Pit Comment by GVH_Jon August 6

• @PremiumFast_Net said:
    big space but cannot use with torrent, if use with torrent the vps cannot long life

in my experience I've never had issues using mine for torrenting

• @hostnoob said:

not like me, first i want to install rutorrent, but the server fast abuse, he say cpu high, but this first install only, not use torrent, and next i not use again,,, very sad when it possessed a large hdd but can not torrent

• akzakz Member

@namhuy said:

I think we all knew his service was crap prior to the 4 months leading up to their great migration. Ill just leave this here, this monitor was started post their "successful" migration and when clean ips were reissued.

Thanked by 2ATHK TarZZ92
  • MunMun Member

@hostnoob said:

LOL Im not sure how much you were pushing but I was aiming for winning a challenge!

Thanked by 2Licensecart akz
  • MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    Because I gave you an answer here.

What are you talking about now?

• i'm not a native english speaker. if u don't has effort to understand your client 'language', please don't go 'international' ... keep it your business locally...

• @Mun said:
    I was aiming for winning a challenge!

I remember Jon said it was okay to torrent linux isos and @Mun was in the lead for the ipad mini. He even encouraged others to follow, rather then running wget in cron jobs to win the challenge.. and then he forgot what he said in a cluster error

Thanked by 1Mun
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

nice to see GVH back and active @ LET

• nice to see GVH back too.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

@akz - You can't complain when you've never contacted us about the issue. You likely were accidentally given a non-working IP, I would have been more than happy to replace it if given the opportunity. That doesn't matter right now though because your service is cancelled.

• akzakz Member
    edited August 2014

@GVH_Jon said:
    akz - You can't complain when you've never contacted us about the issue.

lol slight memory loss already?? Your GREAT support claimed it was online but hey its not. Oh btw remember you terminated my services cause you dont want me as a customer but I still havent seen this refund yet.

I cant complain? Your service was garbage before and stopped using it and even worse since migration. Your service is shit; own up to it for once.

edit: oh nice try @gvh_jon the IP that has got ZERO uptime IS the new clean IP which YOU added.

so lets talk about this mythical refund you have promised thus far? Is it going to come through or is it one of your fake warranties that you have been trotting around school?

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    akz - You can't complain when you've never contacted us about the issue. You likely were accidentally given a non-working IP, I would have been more than happy to replace it if given the opportunity. That doesn't matter right now though because your service is cancelled.

Your logic is insane.

You can't complain about an nonfunctional service because you never put in a ticket. May I ask Jon, why wasn't it working in the first place. Maybe you should do some quality assurance before selling your VPSs.

Thanked by 1akz