Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost AUGUST SALE: *PURE SSD* High BW VPSes / High Storage / CHEAP IPv4 starting @ $8.95/yr - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost AUGUST SALE: *PURE SSD* High BW VPSes / High Storage / CHEAP IPv4 starting @ $8.95/yr

Comments

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    Mun

And before I terminated you, I believe you were satisfied with your VPS. I terminated you because I personally felt like you were just trying to cause problems and it was within my right to terminate you. I even issued you a refund of your renewal invoice.

You were using around 300GB of disk space and you pushed 20 TERABYTES (20TB) of bandwidth per month and paid just $5 per month for it. And I recall that you got acceptable uptime too. Don't you feel like you got your money's worth?

Didn't I have a 250 GIG HDD plan with 100TBs of bandwidth per month? So you are saying we can't use the resources you promised?

• @Mun said:
    Huh, where is my compensation then Jon?

>

Where the fuck is my promised compensation?

He needed his pocket money so couldn't refund you...

Thanked by 1zionvps
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

@MorningIris - It depends on what node you're on. ColoCrossing doesn't do shared VLANs so some nodes have clean IPs, some do not. We've made sure that the nodes that clients that purchase these plans will be placed on HAVE clean IPs available but have dirty IPs too (we don't have a choice)

@Mun - No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that I believe you were purposely trying to cause problems. At the time we believed that you were trying to saturate the port 24/7 to cause issues for other customers so a termination was issued.

Nonsense @licensecart

@Mun never asked for compensation as far as I know of.

• @GVH_Jon: Saturate a 1gbps port with 20tb/month? Good maths.

• BradBrad Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    Mun

And before I terminated you, I believe you were satisfied with your VPS. I terminated you because I personally felt like you were just trying to cause problems and it was within my right to terminate you. I even issued you a refund of your renewal invoice.

You were using around 300GB of disk space and you pushed 20 TERABYTES (20TB) of bandwidth per month and paid just $5 per month for it. And I recall that you got acceptable uptime too. Don't you feel like you got your money's worth?

If I recall correctly, you were the one offering 100TB BW (or something crazy like that). Don't be putting the crap on your customers because you can't provide what they paid for.

Thanked by 2TheLinuxBug orak
  • MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    MorningIris - It depends on what node you're on. ColoCrossing doesn't do shared VLANs so some nodes have clean IPs, some do not. We've made sure that the nodes that clients that purchase these plans will be placed on HAVE clean IPs available but have dirty IPs too (we don't have a choice)

Mun - No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that I believe you were purposely trying to cause problems. At the time we believed that you were trying to saturate the port 24/7 to cause issues for other customers so a termination was issued.

Nonsense licensecart

Mun never asked for compensation as far as I know of.

Ohh you fool, I was trying to use 100TBs at your urging to get a free iPad that you were offering. Since I was terminated before I could actually get to that, does that mean I win?

I mean you are the one whom encouraged people to try. I at least did a cool thing and hosted a bunch of linux ISO torrents to help as well, unlike someone using a wget script.

No, I never asked for a refund do the the fact it was a termination. At the time I looked at the AUP I think it stated refunds weren't acceptable for clients that were terminated.

Honestly, I had zero bad intentions, and I was shooting for a goal that you set forth, and I did try.

Also in regards to the service performance. For the longest time the disk IO was terrible until you moved my VPS to a new node because I was posting how slow it was with an automated script.

• @tr1cky fair enough then, the way you worded it made it sound like your VPS kept shutting itself down like a config issue. my apologies.

for what it's worth I haven't had many issues on NY nodes. most people seem to have issues in LA and TX I think. you could always request a move if location isn't that important

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited August 2014

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • You will never know what will happen in GVH!
    I have a VPS in GVH, after over 4 times IP change in past 6 months, then I met the "no disk space" issue looks like the oversold exhaust the node hard disk.
    after 4 days ticket without resolve, I request to MOVE to another node as Jon's suggestion.
    I thought if they can't fix an issue, just move my OVZ container to another node should be a easy case for the technical support!
    and then you guess what? They terminated my service and related addons, reset the solusvm cp passwd, give me a fresh new installed VPS with a new IP in another node!!!
    holly shit! it's the first time i've ever seen a VPS MOVE action!!!

• @yywudi

In reference to: "They terminated my service and related addons, reset the solusvm cp passwd, give me a fresh new installed VPS with a new IP in another node!!!
    holly shit! it's the first time i've ever seen a VPS MOVE action!!!"

I don't believe we would ever do this without your authorization or if we didn't receive a payment. What is your Ticket ID # for this?

• @Mun If you read my PM it says I refunded your recent payment, and I DID refund your recent payment.

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    Mun If you read my PM it says I refunded your recent payment, and I DID refund your recent payment.

Yes, now what about all the rest I said?

Mun said: Ohh you fool, I was trying to use 100TBs at your urging to get a free iPad that you were offering. Since I was terminated before I could actually get to that, does that mean I win?

I mean you are the one whom encouraged people to try. I at least did a cool thing and hosted a bunch of linux ISO torrents to help as well, unlike someone using a wget script.

No, I never asked for a refund do the the fact it was a termination. At the time I looked at the AUP I think it stated refunds weren't acceptable for clients that were terminated.

Honestly, I had zero bad intentions, and I was shooting for a goal that you set forth, and I did try.

Also in regards to the service performance. For the longest time the disk IO was terrible until you moved my VPS to a new node because I was posting how slow it was with an automated script.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

You've been pulling the consistent bandwidth usage for months and months even when the "contest' wasn't a thing. Believe it or not it actually was not my decision to cancel your service. I was told by someone, who I can't say for the record, that I needed to have your service cancelled and to communicate it to you.

• @GVH_Jon said:

Provide heaps of resources for less while still delivering performance and reliability.

Our mission statement promise is backed by our industry leading Anytime Money Back Warranty, our 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, and our 14-Day Money Back Guarantee.

We will always be more than happy to assist you!

Thanked by 2TheKiller orak
  • yywudiyywudi Member
    edited August 2014

@GVH_Jon said:
    yywudi

I don't believe we would ever do this without your authorization or if we didn't receive a payment. What is your Ticket ID # for this?

you always replied in my ticket, don't ack like you know nothing about it.
    ticket number 256520
    Yeah, I said "YES" to this vps move, but i never ever think about VPS MOVE will just delete and remove all old data.
    how could you understand MOVE ?

maybe you never look one more word after a "YES", or you never think about customer's data before any action.

Sam Sun || Client
    YES.
    pls move.

>

If move takes you more time. pls create a new one NOW and after I transfer the data(maybe hours) then you delete the old VPS in LA3v2
    as the IP will be changed.

>

08/12/2014 21:53 Jon || Staff
    LA2v2 - Our latest node, just deployed. Can you confirm this?

>

Regards,

>

Jon Nguyen - Director of Operations
    GreenValueHost Management

>

Email: [email protected]
    Direct line: 1-855-786-9288 ext 102 (toll free)`

• I'm sorry but we receive 100-200 tickets per day, I can't remember them all.

I thought that you had the data in hand and were going to reupload it after I give you a fresh VPS. It was an honest misunderstanding and I apologize. Language communication barriers can be rough, I'm really sorry

• ATHKATHK Member

Can we ban Jon again? .. this is getting pathetic.

• ATHKATHK Member

GVH_Jon said: Language communication barriers can be rough, I'm really sorry

But you've always claimed in house staff..

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @GVH_Jon said:
    I'm sorry but we receive 100-200 tickets per day, I can't remember them all.

A competent provider should not be dealing with 100-200 tickets per day. Maybe you should spend more time learning WTF you're doing before you come back to LET and advertise.

@darkshire said it best:

GVH HQ:

• @ATHK said:
    But you've always claimed in house staff..

Language barrier as in the client isn't a native English speaker and doesn't have the necessary English vocabulary to converse with us in a manner that would allow us to assist the client in our maximum capacity.

• ATHKATHK Member

GVH_Jon said: because we dropped the Indian support staff just recently

Seriously .. don't you read before you press Post Comment...

Apart from that, I see no issues with anyone's English in this post so if they were creating a ticket .. you should have no issues reading it.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • Toadyus said: A competent provider should not be dealing with 100-200 tickets per day.

I'm sure Amazon and Digital Ocean get thousands of tickets a day. Ticket number is no metric of how great a company is.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    You've been pulling the consistent bandwidth usage for months and months even when the "contest' wasn't a thing. Believe it or not it actually was not my decision to cancel your service. I was told by someone, who I can't say for the record, that I needed to have your service cancelled and to communicate it to you.

Was this person internal to GVH or was there some outside entity involved.

Also the contest was a thing.

Source: https://vpsboard.com/topic/3295-100tb-a-month-challenge/page-2

Does that mean I win an iPad because I did more then anyone else to the point you needed to terminate me?

Thanked by 2ryanarp Licensecart
  • JsonJson Member

Jon, I am still waiting for my refund.
    Ticket #812820

Its been 3 weeks now. Still no sign of any action. How do you consider this improvement in service?

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited August 2014

@Mun said:

They said that you were saturating the port, but to use 100TB in a month isn't that an average of 300 mbps 24/7. If you were still under 33 TB for a whole month it would be an average of less then 100 Mbps.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @GVH_Jon said:
    I'm sorry but we receive 100-200 tickets per day, I can't remember them all.

I thought that you had the data in hand and were going to reupload it after I give you a fresh VPS. It was an honest misunderstanding and I apologize. Language communication barriers can be rough, I'm really sorry

Yes I'm not a native English speaker, but question is if a customer request "VPS MOVE from current node to another node", how could a VPS provider handle by default?

I want to know if other provider also delete old one and create a new fresh one.

• MunMun Member

@pcjamesy

Correct, and they had gig ports on the node. I couldn't actually saturate the port and though I tried my best to increase the amount of data I was able to push I couldn't get above about 50Mbps. To say I was saturating the port isn't true, unless they lied about the specs of the server, which should be around 1000Mbps.

It was more likely I was causing overage(s) because they were limited to 10Tbs a month per node and I was using a good chunk of that.

• MunMun Member

@yywudi said:
    I want to know if other provider also delete old one and create a new fresh one.

It depends on the provider and case. Usually if you have a live server that has issues they offer to transfer it with your data, unless their is some other issue in which case they usually ask you to back up your important data and give you a fresh server.