Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PriVPS | DDoS Protected | IPv4/6 | 1Gbps | OpenVZ | SolusVM | Bitcoin | @ $2/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PriVPS | DDoS Protected | IPv4/6 | 1Gbps | OpenVZ | SolusVM | Bitcoin | @ $2/month

peetscottpeetscott Member
edited August 2014 in Offers

Introduction:

PriVPS is a proud product of a friend and me. We have lots of experience in the hosting industry and we always try to use and provide latest technology.
We already started back in 2012-2013 our small company, we offered to private people/small groups virtual servers that were fully managed our self.
Customers are very important so to express this we always try to provide at low prices high end servers. That's our main focus, but of course we are also going to expand our business and system to provide even more faster servers.

Node Specification/Location:

• Intel Xeon E5-1620
  • 64GB ECC RAM
  • 2x 2TB (RAID-1)
  • Beauharnois, Quebec (OVH BHS)

Plans:

OVZCA512 (Canada)
1 vCPU cores @ 3.2GHz
512MB RAM
256MB vSwap
25GB HDD space
2TB Traffic
1Gbps uplink
DDoS-filtered IP
1x IPv4
16x IPv6
OpenVZ/SolusVM
Price: $3/month (With Coupon: $2/m)

OVZCA1024 (Canada)
2 vCPU cores @ 3.2GHz
1024MB RAM
512MB vSwap
50GB HDD space
2TB Traffic
1Gbps uplink
DDoS-filtered IP
1x IPv4
16x IPv6
OpenVZ/SolusVM
Price: $5/month (With Coupon: $4/m)

1 USD Coupon:

• G54F02NFSG (Recurring Discount)

Supported Payment-Gateways:

• Bitpay (Bitcoin)

Important notes:

• The DDoS-Protection is provided by OVH's VAC Technology
  • Our plans are unmanaged services so we can't provide software support or something similar. Please read the ToS for more clarity.
  • We offer refunds if requested within 7 day of activation (With valid reason provided)
  • Are you looking for custom plans ? Feel free to open a new ticket !

Links:

Comments

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited August 2014

More info about your DDoS protection? Datacenter? Location? Heck, not even a location on the website :S

• @Floris said:
    More info about your DDoS protection? Datacenter? Location? Heck, not even a location on the website :S

I have updated the post.

• Still OVH Canada DC.. No PayPal? Heh..

• @fitvpn said:
    Still OVH Canada DC.. No PayPal? Heh..

Yes still OVH ;). There are reasons why we do not accept paypal but we might accept credit-cards very soon (powered by stripe).

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2014

@peetscott Folks not happy with other payment gateways than PP..so you just reduce sales too much (from my experience;)

• LexLex Member
    edited August 2014

I don't have experience as a VPS hosting provider myself, but I did a little math:
    On a full node, with ram at full capacity (little to none overselling/overcommitting) you are overselling/overcommitting the HDD resources by 60% !!!

So without overselling the ram, you oversell the HDD... being that most providers oversell the RAM at some degree, if you do that too, your hdd will be oversold by what, 100-300% ?

AFAIK Raid 1 doesn't improve I/O, or if it does, it's not as fast as other types of RAID.

That being said, I don't think your configuration could handle more than ... ~20 ACTIVE vms... (because of the storage configuration)

That, plus the fact that you only accept bitcoin... makes me believe this is a big scam.

But that's just my opinion.

• peetscottpeetscott Member
    edited August 2014

@matrixismyname said:
    I don't have experience as a VPS hosting provider myself, but I did a little math:
    On a full node, with ram at full capacity (little to none overselling/overcommitting) you are overselling/overcommitting the HDD resources by 60% !!!

So without overselling the ram, you oversell the HDD... being that most providers oversell the RAM at some degree, if you do that too, your hdd will be oversold by what, 100-300% ?

AFAIK Raid 1 doesn't improve I/O, or if it does, it's not as fast as other types of RAID.

That being said, I don't think your configuration could handle more than ... ~20 ACTIVE vms... (because of the storage configuration)

That, plus the fact that you only accept bitcoin... makes me believe this is a big scam.

But that's just my opinion.

We do not oversell the node since this also is a limited special.
    We accept bitcoin to keep things simple (We are also going to add CC as payment option very soon) and we do not scam. Do you really think that it is worth scam people for 2 bucks ? Lol. It doesn't really make sense so please keep your opinion for yourself... Thanks.

• LexLex Member
    edited August 2014

@peetscott said:
    We do not oversell the node since this also is a limited special. We accept bitcoin to keep things simple (We are also going to add CC as payment option very soon) and we do not scam. Do you really think that it is worth scam people for 2 bucks ? Lol. It doesn't really make sense so please keep your opinion for yourself... Thanks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, that's why this is a forum.

If what you say is indeed accurate, that you do not oversell then you can only sell ~40 OVZCA1024 OR ~80 OVZCA512 (from a storage point of view), but that would leave you with ~24GB of ram unsold.

Also, if this is "a limited special", why are these the only plans available to order ? Your website indeed has other plans... with no chance to order them cause the order link is the same for all.

Just to see this from my point of view:

• You're a new provider on the market

• You're website is not ready (order links mixed up)

• You have extremely, if not THE lowest prices on the market.
    • You have a very...unsustainable ? Yea, I think that's the word, unsustainable node configuration.
    • You only accept a form of payment that protects you from the customer (if he's not pleased and requests a chargeback) (not 100% sure of this, never used bitcoin)
    • There is absolutely no data about your company or whatever you are running, except a name.

This just screams scam or summer host :)

• Only wondering, why different OVH resellers offer prices 2-3 times highter and BW up to 5 times lower than original OVH offered at the same prices? Which reason buy from reseller instead main source? Refer to poor AMD CPU vc sky rocket Intel based nodes? Probably not counted.. :)

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited August 2014

@fitvpn said:
    Only wondering, why different OVH resellers offer prices 2-3 times highter and BW up to 5 times lower than original OVH offered at the same prices? Which reason buy from reseller instead main source? Refer to poor AMD CPU vc sky rocket Intel based nodes? Probably not counted.. :)

1. Most OVH resellers offer 1 Gbps unmetered or very high amount of traffic with 1 Gbps port instead of 100 Mbps offered by OVH.

2. More disk apace than what OVH offer.

3. PRO DDoS Protection as compared to the standard one offered by OVH with their VPS plans.

4. Better CPUs

5. Disk I/O is not restricted like on OVH VPS

6. Better support than that of OVH.

There is a big market for OVH resellers out there if you do it properly for example with KVM or XEN plans but it is a shame most of OVH resellers just want to oversell beyond imagination using OpenVZ. Here on LET @MCHPhil is one guy who is doing it really well with KVM on OVH's network.

• @K2Bytes - 1Gbps Unmetered? Where? Most resellers offer much less than 10Tb offered by OVH. Pro DDos protection very questionable.. CPU already not counted. Do not tried support because never had a problem with OVH..) About @MCPhill here many bad reviews around..

• Remember some offer - 256mb/3Gb SSD, 1Tb BW for 4.99 EUR ($6.68) Thats all they can do :)

edited August 2014

@fitvpn Most bad reviews about MyCustomHosting.net are by those who expect a fully managed service for 4$ a month. I know many OVH resellers who offer high or unmetered traffic e.g http://serversub.com http://virtubox.fr/ http://web-project.co.uk/ There are many others also if you search around.

• @K2Bytes - You are wrong, personally I had a troubles with him,not related to manage for free, few months ago, and know what I talking about.. Only first link shown 1Gbps, questionable, second 100 Mbps third up to 20Tb,not unmetered. Also their prices not a LEB range and even closer..

edited August 2014

@fitvpn said:
    K2Bytes - You are wrong, personally I had a troubles with him,not related to manage for free, few months ago, and know what I talking about.. Only first link shown 1Gbps, questionable, second 100 Mbps third up to 20Tb,not unmetered. Also their prices not a LEB range and even closer..

Quality comes at a price, doesn't it? You would be lucky to use even 5 Tb with OVH's 3$ VPS. However with their cloud VPS range you can use upto 10 TB. And they are not just 3 there are many who would give you high or unmetered bandwidth on OVH's network. You just need to google a bit. And there is a reason that all these OVH resellers exist that: most of them provide provide better service than OVH do.

• @fitvpn said:
    K2Bytes - You are wrong, personally I had a troubles with him,not related to manage for free, few months ago.

99 % bad reviews that I have seen are related to those people who wanted to install OS with an ISO, didn't spend a couple minutes to read knowledgebase & then came here crying that My VPS doesn't work bla bla but if they had read knowledgebase articles on MyCustomHosting website they would have realised things work differently at OVH's network.

But I would really like to know what trouble you had with his services(when you were a client there a few months ago) e.g network, support etc ? I have some friends who have services with MCH & they speak very highly of Phil & services he provides.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014
    Nice trick. Edited out "Merry Christmas" message.