Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E-mail should be working again - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E-mail should be working again

2»

Comments

• I noticed that if there's a lot of stuff going on (loads of PMs or highlights) you only get some email notifications, but if it's slow you get all of it. Seems like it's ratelimited?

• wychwych Member

One has landed this morning in my Outlook.com inbox, nothing else yet or earlier however.

• Actually my confirmation email ended up in the spam folder. I guess it's due to the link or something, IDK. At least I received it!

• @Ishaq said:
    I noticed that if there's a lot of stuff going on (loads of PMs or highlights) you only get some email notifications, but if it's slow you get all of it. Seems like it's ratelimited?

Nope. There's 1 cluster server that uses Mandrill and the others use the old mailserver. So, you've received an e-mail through Mandrill, I think.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Everything is still going to my spam box :/

• @matthewvz said:
    Everything is still going to my spam box :/

At least you get it :(

• hi,

just a little update that your emails are going through to my spam folder.

• @jbiloh said:
    We recently moved the helpdesk's email server too, let us know if its working better as well.

Helpdesk e-mails are coming through now. @mpkossen - Any update on my ticket, its been over a week? :(

• @Steven_F said:
    Helpdesk e-mails are coming through now. mpkossen - Any update on my ticket, its been over a week? :(

As long as people keep asking me everywhere when they can get featured I don't have time to reply to tickets.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

Any update on my ticket, its been over a week? :(

I would ask but I figure after 6 months im not getting listed.

As long as people keep asking me everywhere

Just ignore them, like Jon and support threads ;)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • wych said: I would ask but I figure after 6 months im not getting listed.

That shouldn't be possible as that ticket would have been closed by now.

• wychwych Member

@mpkossen said:
    That shouldn't be possible as that ticket would have been closed by now.

Strange, I never heard anything so I assumed it wasn't an offer you were after listing.

I might throw another one up for new plans once we have finished internal testing ;)

• All LowEndTalk webservers should now be using Mandrill, which should result in all e-mails being delivered.

• @mpkossen said:
    All LowEndTalk webservers should now be using Mandrill, which should result in all e-mails being delivered.

I had a pm notification from lowendtalk go to my gmail spam box today.

Delivered-To: redacted
    Received: by 10.202.230.74 with SMTP id d71csp310003oih;
    Thu, 28 Aug 2014 05:49:51 -0700 (PDT)
    X-Received: by 10.152.205.36 with SMTP id ld4mr4213688lac.40.1409230190761;
    Thu, 28 Aug 2014 05:49:50 -0700 (PDT)
    Return-Path: redacted
    Received: from forward2m.mail.yandex.net (forward2m.mail.yandex.net. [37.140.138.2])
    by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id k5si5091981laa.119.2014.08.28.05.49.49
    for redacted
    (version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
    Thu, 28 Aug 2014 05:49:50 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: none (google.com: redacted does not designate permitted sender hosts) client-ip=37.140.138.2;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
    spf=neutral (google.com: redacted does not designate permitted sender hosts) smtp.mail=redacted;
    dkim=pass header.i=@mail16.wdc04.mandrillapp.com;
    dmarc=fail (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=lowendtalk.com
    Received: from mxfront8m.mail.yandex.net (mxfront8m.mail.yandex.net [37.140.138.58])
    by forward2m.mail.yandex.net (Yandex) with ESMTP id 4FD695CA1054
    for ; Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:49:49 +0400 (MSK)
    Received: from mxfront8m.mail.yandex.net ([127.0.0.1])
    by mxfront8m.mail.yandex.net with LMTP id nnT08Zuk
    for ; Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:49:49 +0400
    Received: from mail16.wdc04.mandrillapp.com (mail16.wdc04.mandrillapp.com [205.201.139.16])
    by mxfront8m.mail.yandex.net (nwsmtp/Yandex) with ESMTPS id dA8twvKoJb-nmgCbLJp;
    Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:49:48 +0400
    (using TLSv1.2 with cipher AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
    (Client certificate not present)

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited August 2014

Yeah, my notifications go straight to the Gmail spam box. Is DKIM enabled?

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited August 2014

Looks good to my anti-spam. I wonder if Gmail just hates Mandrill App.

205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...@mandrillapp.com) Message-Score: added -10 (tlsValencePB) for SSL-TLS-connection-OK, total score for this message is now -10
    205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...@mandrillapp.com) to: (...)@...com DKIM-Signature found
    205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...@mandrillapp.com) to: (...)@...com info: domain lowendtalk.com has published a DMARC record
    205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...@mandrillapp.com) to: (...)@...com Message-Score: added -10 (spfpValencePB) for SPF pass, total score for this message is now -20
    [MessageOK] 205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...@mandrillapp.com) to: (...)@...com message ok - [LowEndTalk wych mentioned you in Hilarious convers...th a amazon employee Great Amazon customer service] -) notspam/LowEndTalk_wych_mentioned_you_in_Hilarious_convers--31326.eml

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Good to hear, let us know if anything else does not arrive as expected.

I'm going to remove the pin on this thread so that it sinks with inactivity.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Silvenga said:
    Looks good to my anti-spam. I wonder if Gmail just hates Mandrill App.

> 205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...mandrillapp.com) Message-Score: added -10 (tlsValencePB) for SSL-TLS-connection-OK, total score for this message is now -10
    > 205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...mandrillapp.com) to: (...)@...com DKIM-Signature found
    > 205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...mandrillapp.com) to: (...)@...com info: domain lowendtalk.com has published a DMARC record
    > 205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...mandrillapp.com) to: (...)@...com Message-Score: added -10 (spfpValencePB) for SPF pass, total score for this message is now -20
    > [MessageOK] 205.201.136.22 (bounce-md_...mandrillapp.com) to: (...)@...com message ok - [LowEndTalk wych mentioned you in Hilarious convers...th a amazon employee Great Amazon customer service] -) notspam/LowEndTalk_wych_mentioned_you_in_Hilarious_convers--31326.eml
    > 

I use mandrillapp and have zero problems here with gmail.

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

Still going straight to my spam box edit using gmail.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What email?

• I think the spam on gmail is more due to the rep of the domain then anything.

Someone PM me, and Ill look at the code in the morning.

• Mun said: I think the spam on gmail is more due to the rep of the domain then anything.

That seems to be the biggest issue. Most e-mail that bounces from outlook.com is due to the domain name reputation.

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

Yep, the domain is tarnished... Should change back with time.

• Or arrives an hour late!

• linuxthefish said: Or arrives an hour late!

That's called greylisting - better than being spam, but not trusted yet.

This discussion has been closed.