Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Hacked - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Hacked

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@FTN_Kevin go knock on his door or report him to a NY police! :P

• @FTN_Kevin said: What I don't get is... so many cc's were leaked, yet hes still actively tweeting on Twitter (@JoshTheGod). Why is he not arrested yet? BTW I'm only 20 miles away from him

I fucking dare you. I DARE YOU

• laaevlaaev Member

@Jeffrey said: go knock on his door or report him to a NY police! :P

Yeah 20 miles doesn't seem like a lot but its quite a long drive, lots of traffic around here.

http://whmcs-hacker.soup.io/ is back up, it was down for about 24 hours for Josh's "Tango Down" attack. He is now DDoSing police.uk according to his Twitter

• @FTN_Kevin Go to his house, and tell his parents. Explain that he is going to be arrested and all sorts of shit like that and record it.

Please please! PLEASE

• laaevlaaev Member

@bijan588 said: I fucking dare you. I DARE YOU

The FBI already accepted the case according to WHMCS, so I'm guessing he is hiding now

• @FTN_Kevin said: The FBI already accepted the case according to WHMCS, so I'm guessing he is hiding now

I doubt it, hes still updating twitter, you would be the hero of the year if you did it.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • FRCoreyFRCorey Member
    edited May 2012

Heres a good one.

Thank you for contacting TRUSTe. The site is not certified under TRUSTe's program and is using our trademark without authorization. I see no record of that site even having applied for TRUSTe certification. I have opened a ticket in TRUSTe's system so the person who handles trademark enforcement for TRUSTe can investigate.

TRUSTe provides a directory where consumers can look up sites that participate in our program, and TRUSTe seals should never be static images that do nothing when clicked--they should route to a page on TRUSTe.com that shows whether the site is verified as a participant or not. Here is the link to the directory:

http://www.truste.com/trusted_sites/index.html

We really appreciate your bringing this site's misuse of our mark to our attention.

--Simona

• laaevlaaev Member

@bijan588 said: I doubt it, hes still updating twitter, you would be the hero of the year if you did it.

I will drive to Staten Island tomorrow morning and see (Apartment 4), I am starting to think that might not really be him if hes still tweeting and gladly admitting it. Anyone know how exactly they found out this was him?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If you search for whmcs by url on that link, whmcs shows up.

• subigosubigo Member

@miTgiB said: I'm not here chicken littling this stuff, what is your useful contribution?

Yet you're worried enough to "secure" your install with a .htaccess file. My contribution is this: ditch WHMCS and find and alternative or create your own.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@subigo said: My contribution is this: ditch WHMCS and find and alternative or create your own.

So nothing to contribute that is really constructive at all

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

long ago I told robots.txt to not let search engines index my whmcs install. what good it does I'm not sure, but happily I dont have more customers that I could not migrate them over a weekend by hand if necessary to something else.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

@ftn_kevin

lets rent a black van, and go true lies on his ass! We can use niagra falls instead of a dam.

• subigosubigo Member

@miTgiB said: So nothing to contribute that is really constructive at all

If you say so. You can stick with a company that has shown itself to be completely incompetent, but I won't. Especially when it comes to the one script that your entire business relies on.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

@miTgiB said: So nothing to contribute that is really constructive at all

@subigo said: If you say so. You can stick with a company that has shown itself to be completely incompetent, but I won't. Especially when it comes to the one script that your entire business relies on.

Dunno now, I just had a customer in live chat ask me if I'm using WHMCS and I said yes, and he said he will look elsewhere because WHMCS is insecure.

Every IT blog is now trumpeting what happened to WHMCS and most users will just associate the hack with WHMCS itself and not a social engineering attack that has nothing to do with WHMCS.

Only saving grace WHMCS might have at this point is if they make some big gesture towards fixing what happened and being very open about it. The other, is that most other scripts have no import utilities lol.

• subigosubigo Member

@FRCorey said: Dunno now, I just had a customer in live chat ask me if I'm using WHMCS and I said yes, and he said he will look elsewhere because WHMCS is insecure.

I've had three tickets in three days from people asking if their data was still safe and wanting to know when/if we would be migrating away.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WHMCS.com is returning a 500 right now.

Oh wait, new error:

Fatal error: Class 'WPMinifyCommon' not found in /home/whmcscom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-minify/wp-minify.php on line 48

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Actually GPU cracking has made rainbow tables more or less superfluous. Even with my fairly old Nvidia GTS 250 it takes only 2 hours to go through the entire loweralpha-numeric 1-8 keyspace (md5)

I'd call that an inconvenience. Two hours versus a few seconds.

• libro22libro22 Member
    edited May 2012

so with all the fiasco going around with whmcs, are those currently installed software still safe? or is it better to use a different system right now until the company and product is stable?

• SpencerSpencer Member

@libro22 said: so with all the fiasco going around with whmcs, are those currently installed software still safe? or is it better to use a different system right now until the company and product is stable?

Nobody knows!

• @DimeCadmium said: I'd call that an inconvenience. Two hours versus a few seconds.

A few seconds to crack a password with 40gb of rainbow tables? :D
    Also you can just rent the Amazon EC2 instance with 2xgpu, that would probably do it in 30 minutes (and cost 1$)

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • PaulPaul Member

What do you think WHMCS plans to do to heal some of their bad rep from this? And any alternatives that are near or as good as WHMCS for billing, etc?

• necsnecs Member

We all have to trust someone or some company, but it just goes so show you can never get to complacent......

• bpnetbpnet Member

@FTN_Kevin I will drive to Staten Island tomorrow morning and see (Apartment 4), I am starting to think that might not really be him if hes still tweeting and gladly admitting it.

Did you make that drive yet?

Anyone know how exactly they found out this was him?

According to http://whmcs-hacker.soup.io/
    [8:50:53] hey man come over
    [8:51:25] aight when man LUL
    [8:51:55] right now staten island bodine lets go kgogogogogogogogogo!
    [8:52:00] dude stfu seriously
    [8:52:25] Okay sorry baby :(

All information was verified from their IP addresses that logged into irc.anonops.pro gladly provided to us by an informant who is an Oper in the IRC, which they are located in New York in itself. Enjoy time faggots!

Provided this is all hearsay, however through deduction there is only so much you can rule out before the truth bubbles up. Either way if this is really him, he's pretty sloppy. Also I'm sure if the FBI really wanted to, they could simply Subpena Twitter(which if Twitter really is in bed with the Government, they'll just hand it over) for the IP's hits tweets originate from.

Now if this takes off http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/york-senate-bill-seeks-end-anonymous-internet-posting-162549128.html (which I do not think it will) IF he wants to continue posting he'll have to come out eventually.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@bpnet said: Now if this takes off http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/york-senate-bill-seeks-end-anonymous-internet-posting-162549128.html (which I do not think it will) IF he wants to continue posting he'll have to come out eventually.

Even if it were to pass, would never stand up to Constitutional muster.

• Did ya go kevin?

• bpnetbpnet Member

@miTgiB said: Even if it were to pass, would never stand up to Constitutional muster.

Oh for sure, it would be a stalkers gold mine, and I believe fellow webmasters would be so overwhelmed with maintaining that, they just would not offer a public forum. I know personally I would just remove all public forms from my site. Either or put it behind a .htaccess password so that at that point it would not be public domain.

Either way the people making these bills are ignorant and obviously are not aware of the day to day operations on the web. I guess you could say ignorance is Bliss.

• SpencerSpencer Member

Today is a big day! This is the first day since the hack that they haven't been rehacked.

• AsadAsad Member

@PytoHost said: Today is a big day! This is the first day since the hack that they haven't been rehacked.

The day's not over yet.

• yomeroyomero Member

@AsadHaider said: The day's not over yet.

Here is 12 PM :D