Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job offering
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Job offering

CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
edited May 2012 in General

Hey everyone, I am trying to find a tech that is willing to move to Buffalo,NY for a job opening. Will start out making good money and can only go up from there. If anyone is interested PM me.

Note: Moving is a must.

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Note: Moving is a must.

With that requirement you are going to probably only get response from your local paper/job site.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@miTgiB said: With that requirement you are going to probably only get response from your local paper/job site.

Unless he's willing to pay for relocation and temporary lodging :P

• DamianDamian Member

@Aldryic said: Unless he's willing to pay for relocation and temporary lodging :P

I asked, we'll find out!

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Aldryic said: Unless he's willing to pay for relocation and temporary lodging :P

Bus ticket and a spot on his couch? Seriously though, if I was in the market, why would I want Buffalo? It snows there, heck, it snows too much for me in SC, and I'm from Chicago. And I am not trying to avert anyone from asking Chris, if you have jobs to offer, great! I just see better luck filling em locally through local means.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

But you'd get to go to all the Buffalo Bills home games...

On second thought, Tim is right.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@miTgiB said: Bus ticket and a spot on his couch? Seriously though, if I was in the market, why would I want Buffalo? It snows there, heck, it snows too much for me in SC, and I'm from Chicago. And I am not trying to avert anyone from asking Chris, if you have jobs to offer, great! I just see better luck filling em locally through local means.

A bus ticket and a spot on my couch? I dont think so, more like a plane ticket and an apartment. We are not some company ran out of a basement, we are professional and do what it takes for talent.

As far as snow, it only snowed 35 inches this year..... pretty much was only one week of snow the entire winter.

This is a serious offer, and hopefully a few people will be interested. The reason I post here is because we need someone special, and to get someone special and talented its worth paying for.

Regards,

Chris

@raindog308 said: But you'd get to go to all the Buffalo Bills home games...

Bills suck ( maybe they will be better this year with all the upgrades, who knows )

GO SABRES!

• want to move me from Malaysia to US? if thats the case I will take it. :P

@joshuatly said: want to move me from Malaysia to US? if thats the case I will take it. :P

If your actually serious send me a resume. [email protected]

We will not turn anyone down

• u4iau4ia Member

@miTgiB said: why would I want Buffalo? It snows there

Welcome to upstate New York, wouldn't have it any other way :)

@u4ia said: Welcome to upstate New York, wouldn't have it any other way :)

Where are you from?

• u4iau4ia Member

@CVPS_Chris Hornell, about 2 hours SE of Buffalo.

@u4ia said: Hornell, about 2 hours SE of Buffalo.

Nice! Well if your ever interested, you know where to find me ;-)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: you know where to find me ;-)

sounds nice, will you make a request to the immigration office? I'm from Mexico

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • Sponsoring visas can be a pain. It varies widely by industry and depends on how many positions the Dept of Commerce (I think) allocates to foreign applicants. There's no cap on vegetable pickers, for example, because that's a job that nobody in America wants to do. Certain high skill jobs have more openings too, but I think "web hosting technician" is one of those jobs for which there is a surplus of domestic labor.

Plus, the wait times can be ridiculous. Remember 5 or 6 years ago when it was a big story that Silicon Valley couldn't fill its engineering jobs because of the long wait times? Even Linus Torvalds had to wait 9 months for a visa (renewal, I think), and who is more fit for his job than him?

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@BuzzPoet said: Sponsoring visas can be a pain. It varies widely by industry and depends on how many positions the Dept of Commerce (I think) allocates to foreign applicants

It also depends on what country your from..... I think, but that probably has little influence.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@liam said: I probably would be refused a visa to the United States, although this wouldn't be for me anyway.

I think since you live in the UK, getting a US visa would be fairly easy. You don't even need to get one for a holiday.

• Haha, if I had the guts to move I so would... and my mom's even from NY (Syracuse)!

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

So, is this person going to work in your office that is in a neighborhood?

• innyainnya Member

@miTgiB Buff NY is not bad. It is more lay back than Chicagoan and city. Too much traffics and construction in Chicago. But Chicago has the best various food than Buff NY.

Canada and Naigara falls is pretty closed to Buff NY.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@innya But all that snow :( Like I said, there is too much snow for me now in SC, and it typically only snows every other year, you might see 2-3"

Well I have a visa and travel to the US a lot, and Im a Mechatronic Engineer... I dont think it's difficult

• gsxgsx Member

@CVPS_Chris Whats the salary like? Benefits? (PM me if you like)

@CVPS_Chris Resume sent =)

• flyfly Member

We will not turn anyone down

errr

@Jack said: What's the pay like? @CVPS_Chris

Jack, it all depends on skills brought to the table. Someone with little knowledge could start at say 25-30 and only go up the more skills you have.

@Jeffrey said: So, is this person going to work in your office that is in a neighborhood?

lol I love haters. Considering we have between 2-3000 sq ft of office space no its not in a neighborhood. Thats my house, where all mail is sent because thats where I registered the LLC to.

• good luck chris in getting that special person! Let us know if he's from LET!

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@CVPS_Chris Why would you register the LLC to your personal house address over your office? Wouldn't it make more sense registering to the office like other companies? Never said I was a hater, was just wondering.

• beardbeard Member

Won't relocate unless smoking cigars without wearing pants is perfectly acceptable employee behavior during business hours