Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest dedicated servers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest dedicated servers?

Comments

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I have 3 of the 50 euro per month Server4You boxes. 1 in Germany and 2 in the US. They've been really good except for a few hours when network connectivity in the US location was really poor.

Considering you get 8 cores, 16GB of RAM and 2x 2TB drives with unmetered traffic I'd say they're pretty good value.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@joodle said: server4you.de has some cheap ones, starting from 18.99 euros a month

With a 150 Euro setup fee.

• @rm_ said: With a 150 Euro setup fee.

You can choose free setup with +10 euros a month

edited May 2012

@rm_ said: With a 150 Euro setup fee.

Or add 10 euro a month and then there's no setup fee.

edit: too slow. :p

edited May 2012

@joodle said: You can choose free setup with +10 euros a month

And then it's not a nice "18.99 euros a month" offer anymore, and slides to the territory of "pretty average at best", just compare with what Hetzner and Ovh have with no setup fees.

I think the Hetzner deals around the 50 euro per month mark look about the same quality in terms of value to the Server4You offers (no experience with Hetzner though so I am only going based on hardware specifications).

• PhilNDPhilND Member

Hetzner are way above server4you, don't compare the two, because server4you is trash and is NOTHING to hetzner.

• That site is Offline...

• @joodle said: That site is Offline...

Loads here.

@PhilND said: Hetzner are way above server4you, don't compare the two, because server4you is trash and is NOTHING to hetzner.

I'm with server4you and haven't really had any issues apart from the minor network thing in the US centre which I mentioned. What makes Hetzner so much better? I am interested because I'm always looking for the best deals. :-)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@Oliver said: I'm with server4you and haven't really had any issues apart from the minor network thing in the US centre which I mentioned. What makes Hetzner so much better? I am interested because I'm always looking for the best deals. :-)

My friend ordered a server from Hetzner, and got a server on 1Gbit instead of 100Mbit, they were able to pull 50MB/s from Cachefly.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

@Daniel said: My friend ordered a server from Hetzner, and got a server on 1Gbit instead of 100Mbit, they were able to pull 50MB/s from Cachefly.

Well that's nice but it's hardly something to make them way better - one of my Server4You boxes was "accidentally" deployed with 24GB of RAM instead of 16GB. Of course I'd prefer the higher port speed but those types of unplanned upgrades happen fairly often in my experience.

Having a box with a 1GBit link would certainly be nice though. :-)

• Server4you is quite reasonable as long as you don't mind that you get desktop hardware and a sometimes slow support.

The support for me has been very fast. I filed some tickets when there was some issue with my extra IPs and when I had some other questions and they were all answered within 15 minutes.

I think the hardware with the Hetzner plans is also "desktop". Not having ECC RAM isn't so nice but you get what you pay for.

By the way great nickname @HerrMaulwurf

• PhilNDPhilND Member

@Oliver, better network, better support, better datacenter, better hardware.. upgrades, IP addresses, Ipv6, raid cards, KVM, No charges for RDNS, gigabit ports.. loads more.

Hetzner > Server4You

Server4You doesn't use ECC ram either, maybe on the ProServer but unlikely, hetzner also offer enterprise systems (ECC Ram aswell) and enterprise drives.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
    edited May 2012

Fair enough, I might cancel one of my US Server4You boxes and give Hetzner a go! I am based in Europe now anyway so a fast box in Germany would be great. There are some good deals on the server bidding page as well!

And on the ProServers with Server4You ECC RAM is not used. I checked this with mine.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Looks like no-one's mentioned WorldStream yet!

http://www.worldstream.nl/serverdeals.php

Also http://www.euserv.de/ but you have to have a European bank account

• @Oliver said: Also http://www.euserv.de/ but you have to have a European bank account

I guess that means no UK.

I don't know, is the UK part of Europe? ;-)

Thanked by 1xai
  • @Oliver said: I don't know, is the UK part of Europe? ;-)

Geographically, yes
    Politically, sort of
    Economically, no
    Want to be, no

Thanked by 2Infinity djvdorp
  • Any more cheap dedicated servers?

• VictorVictor Member

IOFlood, Kimsufi, VolumeDrive and many more.

• rds100rds100 Member

How cheap would you consider cheap? And with what features?

• @rds100 said: How cheap would you consider cheap? And with what features?

Under $30 minimal 1GB ram

• rds100rds100 Member

And what's the point? You can get good quality VPS with 1GB RAM for under $30/month.

@rds100
    Dedicated I/O, for one. CPU too, but I/O is kinda more often is a problem on VPSes, than CPU.

As for me, I'd be interested in finding anything that would compare well to the Kimsufi 15 euro Atom server with 2GB of RAM and a 1TB disk.

• rds100rds100 Member

@rm_ well, that price is very hard to achieve. You won't find many providers offering it.

• Remember that most of the cheap dedis have no raid and only on HDD.