Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest dedicated servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest dedicated servers?

edited May 2012 in General

I am just wondering whom has found the cheapest dedicated servers?

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member

Well Ill say the obvious ones: kimsufi and datashack.

• AsadAsad Member

Budget Hetzner servers are pretty cheap for what you get.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Server4you.

• qjqqjq Member

burstnet is pretty cheap too

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited May 2012

FDCServers is very cheap for what you get also. http://fdcservers.net

Also, I see you are using the same template as me, Epsillon. ;)

• @Jeffrey said: Also, I see you are using the same template as me, Epsillon. ;)

Yes its a very nice template

• laaevlaaev Member

@Jeffrey said: Also, I see you are using the same template as me, Epsillon. ;)

Dude... @HostBluff uses Epsillon on PURPOSE... because its over-used by kiddie hosts (not calling you a kiddie host but its definately over-used and I would not buy from a company using that theme)

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Infinity
  • BlueVMBlueVM Member

Most of our servers are in the sub $50 range (Dual L5420s with 16 GB of RAM+)

• @BlueVM said: Most of our servers are in the sub $50 range (Dual L5420s with 16 GB of RAM+)

rented or colo?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@dmmcintyre3 said: rented or colo?

Both XD - We have about 1/3 of our servers owned with more on the way...

• laaevlaaev Member

@dmmcintyre3 said: rented or colo?

He claims he pays some sort of buy down on used servers in inventory and gets it cheap on a monthly rate. He said thats his "secret sause" roll eyes..

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@FTN_Kevin said: He claims he pays some sort of buy down on used servers in inventory and gets it cheap on a monthly rate. He said thats his "secret sause" roll eyes..

Yeah we're looking at buying 40 - L5420's x2 with 16 GB of RAM and 4 x 1 TB for $14k

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

There is a company named Fortra Host or something that offers sub-10USD per month dedis, but I think it is for first month only though...
    Other than that, Kimsufi is the cheapest I can think of, and I LOVE their control panel, definitely works great when you can reinstall OS yourself at all time!

• laaevlaaev Member

@zhuanyi said: There is a company named Fortra Host or something that offers sub-10USD per month dedis, but I think it is for first month only though...

Do you mean FortaTrust ?

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@FTN_Kevin: Yes, sorry for being lazy to Google....

• laaevlaaev Member

@BlueVM said: Yeah we're looking at buying 40 - L5420's x2 with 16 GB of RAM and 4 x 1 TB for $14k

Meme

• laaevlaaev Member

@zhuanyi said: Yes, sorry for being lazy to Google....

I have one, its first month only promotion.

• seikanseikan Member

@FTN_Kevin said: I have one, its first month only promotion.

What is their recurring price after first month? The price is tempting me O.o

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@seikan said: What is their recurring price after first month? The price is tempting me O.o

$45.56/m thereafter for the $5 first month server.

EDIT: It's $31.95/m, I forgot I had some addons. The drives they gave me were over 5 years old and the servers are located in Panama.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@FTN_Kevin said: definately over-used and I would not buy from a company using that theme)

True it is overused, but it is honestly one of the best hosting templates available on ThemeForest.net. The reason why I purchased that template was because of how it looked, not because everyone else was using it.. The reason why I purchase HTML templates is because I am terrible at web design. A theme shouldn't represent the quality of the host.

• @Jeffrey said: @FTN_Kevin said: definately over-used and I would not buy from a company using that theme)

True it is overused, but it is honestly one of the best hosting templates available on ThemeForest.net. The reason why I purchased that template was because of how it looked, not because everyone else was using it.. The reason why I purchase HTML templates is because I am terrible at web design. A theme shouldn't represent the quality of the host.

Yes, I am very bad also. I can't design worth crap. I can code somewhat but design part. Nothing.

• YesUpHost.com

They had the $89 dollar packages for 49 dollars a while back, might wanna contact sales and ask them if you could work a deal.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@Insidiea I actually sent them an email asking exactly that question about a week ago, no reply since, so I assume they have got too many of those emails and fed up with it haha

• justinbjustinb Member

@FTN_Kevin said: EDIT: It's $31.95/m, I forgot I had some addons. The drives they gave me were over 5 years old and the servers are located in Panama.

Serverpronto.

• @zhuanyi
    Hmm wierd, have you tried live chat?
    It you want I can pm you the main sales guy, he got me some free upgrades when I prepaid for months.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@Insidiea Sure, do let me know please

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2012

@liam said: turnkey in new york had atoms for a $10!

"Had" and now they have it for $69 http://www.turnkeyinternet.net/atom/
    so what was the point of your posting? could have at least explained if it was a recurring or one month special, for example.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited May 2012

@rm_ said: "Had" and now they have it for $69 http://www.turnkeyinternet.net/atom/

so what was the point of your posting? could have at least explained if it was a recurring or one month special, for example.

http://www.turnkeyinternet.net/cashback/get-green-with-turnkey-internet.php

Bah, they are sold out and I missed it again!

EDIT: Plus $100 cashback? There has to be a catch...

• PhilNDPhilND Member

The catch is that you have to send it by snail mail and wait for 8-10 weeks.

• server4you.de has some cheap ones, starting from 18.99 euros a month