Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DotVPS.net anybody any reviews? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DotVPS.net anybody any reviews?

2»

Comments

• Francisco said: What kinda of clientele are you expecting by advertising on hackforums?

Um clearly legitimate people wanting to learn linux for greater good

• Actually one of my girl scout leaders mentioned that she had found a host on a site advertised there....

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

An offshore hosting site..

• according to his post he has now found a buyer. Its not me lol

• www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1090213

oh boy

• lol iwas just reading it think they might be the new owners given he has said he has sold it and the new owners wish to remain anon.

• http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1090213 ive had my fun with him, ill probably get done for bullying or something lol

• If I hadn't realized that some thing was up, I would have stopped reading after the first sentence of the "review."

• DotVPS provides a nice review of Eleven2 :)

http://bit.ly/o27PvH

• noticed that also noticed he is now "senior management" if i owned a company which i do i would be proud to say owner which i do lol point is think he has taken on a partner my guess the op of the dotvps review.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

@francisco remeber the thread where dotvps swore blind he no longer used hacker forums etc.... well guess what

posted yesterday hackerforums.net

xViper
    DotVPS Hosting

Just an update to everyone,

I was considering selling DotVPS to someone who would be able to run it, as I recently had a new job offer which I am going to accept, rather then have a lack of support, I was considering selling it, so that customers would still be able to get support, without having to wait for me to get home from work each night.

I have made the decision to keep DotVPS, and I will not be selling it, soon we will be hiring more support staff, to help aid in keeping our high level of service and support to the best it can be

If you meet the following criteria, feel free to apply, each application will be reviewed, if we see you suitable, an interview would be conducted by the COO either over skype call, or via IM on MSN/AIM:

More Information: https://dotvps.net/careers.php

Skills Needed

• Strong knowledge of Linux-based server software
    • Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a team.
    • Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
    • Experience with Live Chat and Ticket Support Systems
    • Experience with cPanel and SolusVM Control Panels

Responsibilities

• Consistently meet or exceed SLA obligations.
    • Manage relationships with 3rd party partners.
    • Follow technical policies, standards and best practices set forth by the management team.
    • Routinely perform system audits to ensure security and system reliability.
    • Monitor server environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues.
    • Provide the required daily support to customers and clientelle.
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@daimonb - I know i'm a dick to many people but i'm usually not far off the mark :)

Francisco

• he tried sticking up for himself commenting on mine and vmport comments but have blasted him down go in for kill franciso

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1090213

• oh i must have read your wht comments wrong then about you suspending the hackers etc. Silly me must goto specsavers.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

daimonb said: oh i must have read your wht comments wrong then about you suspending the hackers etc. Silly me must goto specsavers.

I gotta agree here, there's no legit hosts on hackforums. So either you're taking the cash in hopes of TOSing them and keeping it with your proclaimed monitoring systems or yea.

Anyone looking for legit hosting isn't going to look for it on HF since they know the scum that's posted/hosted around there.

Francisco

• bear just said it's beyond there rules to do anything on wht about him advertising.

Just hope the wise stear clear.

• "We do not allow DOS, DDoS Scripts, Malicious Scripts, or anything prohibited by US Law" thought your servers were NL

• @dotvps your homepage is messed up in i.e

• tuxtux Member

DotVPS said: We do not allow DOS, DDoS Scripts, Malicious Scripts, or anything prohibited by US Law.

Why you not allow Disk Operating System?

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

well surely the best answer would be laws relating to the country the server is hosted in us laws dont cover nl and de

also can you prove the awards on your page http://dotvps.net/support.php

your an example of why many people dont trust new hosts.

• "We do not hold those awards."

are you going to remove them?

• To be honest, those 4 little "awards" are a lot less than what I've seen elsewhere.

Still doesn't make it right though.

Pity that they've never had an offer listen on the main site.

• DotVPS said: We do not hold those awards.

So they are there why?

• Ooohhh, shiny. :)

They're there to fool marks for tricks. It's a study in the methods of P.T. Barnum. You know the type. iPap customers. :)