Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviewing HostUS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reviewing HostUS

eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
edited July 2014 in Reviews

Okay, first review about a provider on LowEndTalk. Let's try to make this decent.

It's been several months now, and at first I was afraid things would go wrong. Why? They where once involved with GVH, and the plans just looked to good to be true. I pulled myself to it, and picked up there 2GB unmetered KVM for $7/month in Atlanta (2 IPv4 addresses, and 64 IPv6 addresses). The specs looked quite nice for the price, and I hoped the service would be too.

The support is just the best part of the service. Alexander is extremely helpful, and answers tickets quite quickly. I have never waited more than 1 hour for a response (he generally responds within 20 minutes from my experience).

Now, on to the specs and server performance itself. I'll do the normal test like any other person would.

eddynetweb@access:~# bash bench.sh
CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
Number of cores : 4
CPU frequency :  2266.746 MHz
Total amount of ram : 2012 MB
Total amount of swap : 2047 MB
System uptime :   4 days, 6:59,
Download speed from CacheFly: 38.1MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 54.8MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 33.2MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.93MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.04MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 48.1MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.64MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 11.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 12.5MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 50.1MB/s
I/O speed :  212 MB/s

The VPS is on a 200MB/s connection on a 400MB/s port (I paid yearly to get the speed upgrade). I recently restarted the VPS, so the uptime is low as you can see. From the months I have been with them, there has not been a single downtime with them. So far on the node I am on, there has been 100% uptime as far as I know. @AlexanderM moved me to another node after I reported low I/O on another one (non-SSD).

I started gaining trust, and so far, I have trusted it enough, along with other reviews I have heard about them, and am now using them for production. Still no downtime on there side, so I am happy, and will gladly continue to use them. Alexander is a really nice guy. :P

• Pros: Amazing support, server availability (uptime), and network.

• Cons: The I/O can really vary throughout the day. No noticeable impact on performance though.

Oh, I also have not had issues with the "unmetered" part of the plan.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

Comments