Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NL | 64MB £2/yr | 128MB £4/yr | All owned hardware | Defined Code Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NL | 64MB £2/yr | 128MB £4/yr | All owned hardware | Defined Code Hosting

definedcodedefinedcode Member
edited July 2014 in Offers

About us: We've been in the hosting industry since 2012. Defined Code Ltd is a small company based in the Midlands, United Kingdom. We own all our hardware and have personally visited and installed it in the datacenter we colocate at in Rotterdam, Netherlands (Netrouting).

Datacenter information: Netrouting is housed in an ex-HP building meaning it has top security. It's a carrier neutral datacenter in Rotterdam with over 11000 sqft of datacenter space, there is 240gbps+ of external network capacity.

Hardware: We currently use HP hardware with the latest Intel Xeon E3 CPUs (v3). You should not expect these "Mini" VPSs to outperform a full SSD node, however we try our hardest to deliver a quality you will enjoy for the price.

About our NAT IPv4 VPSs: These "Mini" servers do not come with a dedicated IPv4 address, instead they share an IPv4 address and you are assigned 21 ports on it. 1 port for SSH and the rest for whatever you want (VPNs, web servers, you name it!). This means that when you host a website you will have to append a port to the end, these are randomly generated and you can view yours in your control panel.

Good news IPv6 support is now available. We can allocate you a /64 via a tunnel to HE. We will have native IPv6 in the coming future but for now this works with these results to google.com rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 11.211/11.332/11.467/0.165 ms. After you purchase a VPS with us, please PM and we can manually allocate a /64. These are on a first-come-first-served bases.

July offers with coupon code INTROLEBT:

Mini 64

RAM: 64MB
Unmanaged
3GB RAID HDD
50GB Transfer (in/out)
1GBIT uplink
20 IPv4 NAT Ports
1 IPv4 NAT SSH Port
OpenVZ Virtualisation
Price: £2/year with coupon code: INTROLEBT
Order: https://definedcodehosting.com/client/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

Mini 128

RAM: 128MB
Unmanaged
3GB RAID HDD
50GB Transfer (in/out)
1GBIT uplink
20 IPv4 NAT Ports
1 IPv4 NAT SSH Port
OpenVZ Virtualisation
Price: £4/year with coupon code: INTROLEBT
Order: https://definedcodehosting.com/client/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

Payments: All payments are taken via Stripe.

Test IP: 94.228.216.114
Test file: https://definedcodehosting.com/10mb.bin

Simple AUP/TOS: TOR, Torrents, Bitcoin (and associated altcoins (Litecoin etc)), Minecraft, Public Proxies and Public VPN software are all prohibited. IRC daemons are prohibited but private IRC bots and bouncers are allowed.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Many things is prohibited, however, nice way to copy LES. I hope it will float, will make some people here happy :)

• @Maounique said:
    Many things is prohibited, however, nice way to copy LES. I hope it will float, will make some people here happy :)

Fixed. Yes we offer a similar service, although currently (and unfortunately) we don't offer IPv6 addresses, they're coming in the near future. We've assigned a dedicated SSH port at the start to smooth customers into being able to use their VPS straight away. It might not be for everyone and yes I can see that it is very similar to LES (apart from they have more awesome locations) but competition is a good thing!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2014

@definedcode do you mind if I advertise these via lowendspirit.com ?

I ask because I am always getting requests for secondary/ fail over options in the same location and as this is almost the same price/spec as LES in NL/RTM people may be interested.

nice offers :)

Ouch, didnt even notice the IPv6 thing, i thought the point IS to use IPv6 and educate people about it for the most part.

• Awesome offer mate, hope it goes awesomely! :)

Thanked by 1definedcode

definedcode said: we don't offer IPv6 addresses

oh,.. I missed that too :(

• @Maounique said:
    Ouch, didnt even notice the IPv6 thing, i thought the point IS to use IPv6 and educate people about it for the most part.

Yeah it's a shame, our datacenter is currently charging a rather ridiculous amount to give us IPv6. I really like the guys there but I'm not prepared to pay that much. We're expanding and deploying a new node soon which will have IPv6 support for sure. Not making that mistake again..

@AnthonySmith said:
    definedcode do you mind if I advertise these via lowendspirit.com ?

I ask because I am always getting requests for secondary/ fail over options in the same location and as this is almost the same price/spec as LES in NL/RTM people may be interested.

nice offers :)

Always loved your services and you offer some nice inspiration so yeah, I'd be more than happy if you did.

edited July 2014

definedcode said: Yeah it's a shame

Get a tunnel from HE, if their pop is close you can get decent speeds, this is how we did it when the DC did not support IPv6. It helped we had our own ASN too, but that should be rather easy.

Thanked by 1definedcode
  • @Maounique said:
    Get a tunnel from HE, if their pop is close you can get decent speeds, this is how we did it when the DC did not support IPv6.

Interesting idea, looking into it now. Thanks for your help!

done: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=5886#p5886

I may start a similar project section for other hosts doing the same thing, I don't run LES for profit so always happy to use it as a sign posting place for others doing the same thing.

Thanked by 1definedcode

don't tunnel through HE its horrible, IRC traffic is usually blocked, if you want a tunnel grab a VPS with a /64 in i3d/Smart DC rotterdam and use that as a tunnel.

I will see if it is possible to do that for you, anyway conscious of hijacking now so I will shut up, final note, please don't look at this as an LES copy in a negative light anyone, personally I fully support this sort of thing :)

Thanked by 1definedcode
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    done: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=5886#p5886

I may start a similar project section for other hosts doing the same thing, I don't run LES for profit so always happy to use it as a sign posting place for others doing the same thing.

Very much appreciated!

@AnthonySmith said:
    don't tunnel through HE its horrible, IRC traffic is usually blocked, if you want a tunnel grab a VPS with a /64 in i3d/Smart DC rotterdam and use that as a tunnel.

I will see if it is possible to do that for you, anyway conscious of hijacking now so I will shut up, final note, please don't look at this as an LES copy in a negative light anyone, personally I fully support this sort of thing :)

That's a great idea, again thanks you've been so helpful.

• @amarc said:
    Can we chose our SSH port ? Something in xxxxx range.. Also, what OS templates you have ?

You can always change the SSH port to one in your 20 ports but you have a range of 21 and the first in that range is always forwarded to Port 22 (default SSH) in your VPS. As for OS templates we have 32bit and 64bit of the following: CentOS 6, Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04. If there is a custom template you desire we can probably provide it, just PM us or drop a ticket.

• if only it had ipv6...

• definedcodedefinedcode Member
    edited July 2014

@Tripleflix said:
    if only it had ipv6...

Redacted while I verify.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Looked into haproxy for the webserver problem?

Thanked by 1definedcode
  • @Tripleflix said:
    if only it had ipv6...

Good news IPv6 support is now available. We can allocate you a /64 via a tunnel to HE. We will have native IPv6 in the coming future but for now this works with these results to google.com rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 11.211/11.332/11.467/0.165 ms. After you purchase a VPS with us, please PM and we can manually allocate a /64. These are on a first-come-first-served bases.

@Ishaq said:
    Looked into haproxy for the webserver problem?

Yeah we've looked into it but since we have just launched this line it will take a while to develop it into the control panel, thanks for the shout though.

Thanked by 1benjojo
  • I would be interested with real IPv6 connectivity, but crippled HE tunnel with filtered services doesn't really appeal to me.

• @Rockster said:
    I would be interested with real IPv6 connectivity, but crippled HE tunnel with filtered services doesn't really appeal to me.

Appreciate your feedback, we'll have native IPv6 in the near future.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Really interesting offer!
    As a LES (former LEB) addict I almost soiled myself when reading your offer.

I most certainly will pick one up when you have native IPv6 since I do all my monitoring via IPv6.

Thanked by 1definedcode
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

How do you handle DDoS on the single ipv4?

• @MikHo said:
    Really interesting offer!
    As a LES (former LEB) addict I almost soiled myself when reading your offer.

I most certainly will pick one up when you have native IPv6 since I do all my monitoring via IPv6.

Seems to be the sticking point for most people. I look forward to your business anyway.

@tr1cky said:
    How do you handle DDoS on the single ipv4?

We're a small company and these are tiny services so we will try our hardest to work with the datacenter to mitigate the attack but again, we can't protect against everything. We're not going to bore you with bullshit that we have unmetered DDoS protection, we don't. But we will work closely with the datacenter to ensure that we do everything in our power to stop any attacks.

@definedcode said:
    Seems to be the sticking point for most people. I look forward to your business anyway.

Personally I'm slowly moving away from ipv4-only hosts and trying to only keep servers which handles both.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @MikHo said:
    Personally I'm slowly moving away from ipv4-only hosts and trying to only keep servers which handles both.

Interesting move although I could only do that if I had ipv6 support at home. Heck if I actually had a stable home internet connection that would be nice, BT have been down here for nearly a week.

@definedcode said:
    Interesting move although I could only do that if I had ipv6 support at home. Heck if I actually had a stable home internet connection that would be nice, BT have been down here for nearly a week.

Still no ipv6 at home either but I have two windows servers running "in the cloud" where I can reach everything I have.

Thanked by 1definedcode
  • ChuckChuck Member

I hope US provider will offer this kind of deal.

• @Chuck said:
    I hope US provider will offer this kind of deal.

@AnthonySmith offers this kind of deal in the US over at lowendspirit.com

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with his services.

• ChuckChuck Member

@definedcode said:

I have the LES Dallas. Was planning to use as VPN for my working.

It gets redirected to google.com.hk and all search results appears in Chinese. This makes any browser search box unusable.

I submitted a form with Google but it is still happening and I'm not sure what to do. I don't know why Google thinks this IP is in Hong Kong.

Anything Google shows up in Chinese.
    Now I have a idle LES Dallas.

• ATHKATHK Member

I'm sure if you let Anthony know he may be able to do something..

I have a LES via RansomIT in Sydney Australia, so far the best box I've had, for what I need it for anyway..

• @Chuck said:
    Now I have a idle LES Dallas.

Unfortunately I can't help you with that. We're interested in expanding to the US and you may see it happen in the future.