Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CVPS: Accessing My VPS CP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CVPS: Accessing My VPS CP

TobyGTobyG Member

https://manage.chicagovps.net:5656 does not work for me.
I'm pretty sure it's my ISP's crappy network configuration.

Any workarounds?

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited July 2014

Why are you with CVPS in the first place?

• TobyGTobyG Member

@Boxode said:

As a result of UGVPS' acquisition. I am aware of the exploits etc. But I don't run anything critical on CVPS, and I don't have any sensitive information on my vps either.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Plenty of other alt providers like Ramnode or BuyVM. I'd stay far away from anything that even smells like CVPS.

I'd also like to say; the link isn't working for me too! :(

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • wychwych Member

• TobyGTobyG Member
    edited July 2014

Regarding the dump that the hackers made available from CVPS' exploit:

What information was made available in that dump on 4shared? Obviously root passwords were there.

But what about additional information, like client information, emails, billing information, paypal information etc.? I'm not sure what range of information SolusVM captures and what the hackers made available.

Any light on this?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

TobyG said: Any light on this?

Pretty simple; stay away from CVPS.

• sorry to break the news. ChicagoVPS doesnt allow direct access to their VPS Control Panel anymore. They are paranoid and give you some controls via WHMCS

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @Boxode said:

viCommunications: it's fine you don't like CVPS but stop spamming.

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Boxode said:

I really cant wait for boxode to launch.

Thanked by 2switsys netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Ditto, it's going to have to be perfect or he's going to get ruined.

Thanked by 3switsys netomx Mark_R
  • me too. not working

• another exploit?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@zionvps just PREMIUM CC.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Did you try to open a ticket to their support? I usually get an answer with CVPS in between 3-4 hours. Also, most of their products now do not give access to Solus console. Can you manage your box via https://billing.chicagovps.net/clientarea.php ? If yes, the solus access for clients is disabled (they did that for all CVPS boxes last july). If not, open a ticket.

• @Boxode said:

Youre a little behind the times. All that cvps hate was 1.5 years ago.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Update: There are some problems (at least for my box) to an azaavps box (CVPS acquired them some time ago). Box is getting offline and solus won't boot it. But there is access to solus for that firm

P.S. As of Boxode's posts: It's wonderful when a wanna-be-kiddie-summer-host guy that created a lot of dramas here (Goodhosting / crissic etc) and pissed a lot of decent people here, continue bashing providers (CVPS, BlueVM etc) in every thread is open for them... LET is a wonderful world!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

@AnthonySmith said:

@Boxode said:
    Pretty simple; stay away.

@TobyG said:
    https://manage.chicagovps.net:5656 does not work for me.
    I'm pretty sure it's my ISP's crappy network configuration.

Any workarounds?

CVPS shut down direct access to their Solus after the hacks. You can control your vps from the client area, WHMCS.
    Unless the changed it back again.

• J1021J1021 Member

Boxode talks out the back of his ass. He sent me a PM yesterday saying 'Hi Ryan', random fact for you @Boxode, my username is my name backwards.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@mpkossen said:

Is there a WSU you can rename all vi names to his new name? And also a history change of all, it's gonna be cool to track them later

• kcaj said: Boxode talks out the back of his ass. He sent me a PM yesterday saying 'Hi Ryan', random fact for you @Boxode, my username is my name backwards.

That took a little too long for me to parse.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

MikHo said: CVPS shut down direct access to their Solus after the hacks. You can control your vps from the client area, WHMCS

For the services that has been offered from the start under their brand, yes, they do not have any direct access to solus vm. But their new brands (Azza, UGVps etc.), Solus is still working and there is no access for reinstall/tuntap etc. thru their client area (although you can see, pay, reboot and cancel the service from client area)

• And how long ago was this attack?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

June 2013. Since then, all control to cvps boxes is done via their client area (reboot/reinstall etc.)