Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for Internship/Job?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for Internship/Job?

I am trying to find a internship at a web hosting company. I've posted an offer on WHT, but haven't heard anything from it. I am a recent graduate of a 2 year vocational school for Information Technology and am looking to get my feet wet in the hosting world. I setup and managed a cPanel server for my school, and have a few entry Microsoft certifications.

If anyone knows of a company who is looking for a remote-based intern or employee please contact me. Mainly interested in Technical Support or Junior SysAdmin. I can provide resume upon request.

Comments

• I didn't even know they had trade schools for IT.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Vindora said:
    I am trying to find a internship at a web hosting company. I've posted an offer on WHT, but haven't heard anything from it. I am a recent graduate of a 2 year vocational school for Information Technology and am looking to get my feet wet in the hosting world. I setup and managed a cPanel server for my school, and have a few entry Microsoft certifications.

If anyone knows of a company who is looking for a remote-based intern or employee please contact me. Mainly interested in Technical Support or Junior SysAdmin. I can provide resume upon request.

Where do you live? I know when I used to go to school IT was so restricted, and everything in our county was outsourced to an IT company for exchange, filer, windows domain etc and they would never let you near a server

• @AlexanderM said:
    Where do you live? I know when I used to go to school IT was so restricted, and everything in our county was outsourced to an IT company for exchange, filer, windows domain etc and they would never let you near a server

Indeed, my IT Practitioners course really was a 'How to be a secretary' course.

• @AlexanderM said:

In the UK almost all education IT is outsourced now for some stupid reason, guess it's cheaper. Sucks for those who used to work in this field!

• Yeah the vocational program I went to was actually good. Lots of focus on industry certifications and done quite a bit of hands on work with servers/etc.