Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tapatalk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tapatalk

tr1ckytr1cky Member
edited July 2014 in General

Please get Tapatalk support, it's a matter of 5mins to install it.

I also want to comment on several things that came up here:

1. Notifications that want you to install Tapatalk on your mobile device:

These can be disabled in the forum settings.
A member also pointed out, that in some occasions there are still notifications popping up, even if they have been disabled. To ensure that there are no modifications popping up whatsoever, a simple edit of the forum templates to remove the Tapatalk notification code makes sure that there is no possibility for any Tapatalk notifications to pop up while browsing the mobile version of LET.

1. The mobile LET is better than Tapatalk:

If configured the right way, you, who favor the mobile site over Tapatalk, won't even notice, that Tapatalk is installed.

1. The Taptalk signature (e.g. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 with Tapatalk) is annoying:

That's also something you can turn off for all users globally:

Let me go further and tell you about some pros of Tapatalk:

1. You can manage multiple forums with Tapatalk.

2. If you added the same E-Mail address for multiple forums you can use one login for all forums.

3. Taptalk saves mobile traffic, also you have the ability to turn off avatars. It makes sites browsable with reasonable speed even with very bad internet.

4. Tapatalk saves battery on your mobile.

5. You can get notified if somebody posts in a thread you created or in a thread you commented on.

Thanked by 1Steve81

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2014

If only that bloody software would stop popping up notifications on random forums, it's a pain to switch application just to read something...

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/server_attention_span.png

• namhuynamhuy Member

I do have tapatalk installed but barely use, i use web browsers to surf more often

• I agree, LET is the only forum that doesn't support Tapatalk.

• BradBrad Member
    edited July 2014

The mobile version is already quite nice. I'd prefer it over Taptalk.

Thanked by 3ATHK tux Mark_R
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I got both tapatalk and mobile browser. Would prefer to use tapatalk for LET.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Will tapatalk support mean the site nag me to install the app periodically?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

Yes,
    Please ignore previous request to install tapatalk.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:

Isn't that just a option you can turn off?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikHo said:

Seconded

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@taronyu said:

No idea, I just know it annoys the tits off me elsewhere.

edited July 2014

@taronyu said:

Not sure how many times I've turned it off on several websites. Still comes back to haunt me every now and then.

Mobile website is better in my opinion.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2014

I am getting sick from the "posted via tapatalk from my most awesome and unique generic Qualcomm board phone model EVAR" signature on forums. Also the added "benefit" of using no punctuation at all in such posts is just plain sickening.

Keep is simple, keep it cool - it's good as it is.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited July 2014

@MikHo said:

Then simply remove it in the templates, if it's not in the templates, it can't appear.

@Janevski said:
    I am getting sick from the "posted via tapatalk from my most awesome and unique generic Qualcomm board phone model EVAR" signature on forums. Also the added "benefit" of using no punctuation at all in such posts is just plain sickening.

In the Tapatalk forum owner settings you can turn this off:

@tr1cky said:
    Then simply remove it in the templates, if it's not in the templates, it can't appear.

I'm not the owner of said websites, only using them.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Janevski said: I am getting sick from the "posted via tapatalk from my most awesome and unique generic Qualcomm board phone model EVAR" signature on forums. Also the added "benefit" of using no punctuation at all in such posts is just plain sickening.

This.

• lazytlazyt Member

Wait until Tapacrap starts sending the emails to your client base to let them know what they have missed ala Facebook style while you were away x farted crap

• wychwych Member

@MikHo said:

x3

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@Janevski said:

Keep is simple, keep it cool - it's good as it is.

^ That. The mobile version of Vanilla (LET) works fine.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

4 people arguing with something that I previously showed can be disabled.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • Mobile version of LET is good as-is. Tapatalk is a scourge upon the earth.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@ihatetonyy said:
    Mobile version of LET is good as-is. Tapatalk is a scourge upon the earth.

If done right, you wouldn't even notice Tapatalk, it would be a bonus for users that are actually using it.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@tr1cky said:

The mobile LET theme is fine.

• utamautama Member

I vote no, I hate the notification to install Tapatalk and the signature is cluttering the posts. LET Mobile version is good enough.

• tzartzar Member

I hate Tapatalk so much with that bullshit nagging & use LET from my mobile plenty with no problems. Please no

• n0myn0my Member
    edited July 2014

I have Tapatalk installed on my forum. Removed the nag and the signature. People don't even know tapatalk is installed. It's much faster than browser.

Added bonus are the push messages on mobile. (Can be disabled by user)

Of course this is the decision of forum admins to make.

Thanked by 2Dylan dynweb
  • VPNVPN Member
    edited July 2014

@trewq said:
    The mobile LET theme is fine.

@utama said:
    I vote no, I hate the notification to install Tapatalk and the signature is cluttering the posts. LET Mobile version is good enough.

@tzar said:
    I hate Tapatalk so much with that bullshit nagging & use LET from my mobile plenty with no problems. Please no

As previously pointed out by tr1cky, Tapatalk can be installed to ensure non-Tapatalk users don't even know its there so as to not cause upset. It would just be a bonus for those of us that do use it.

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • Funny how everybody complains about features that can be disabled which tr1cky also posted several comments ago.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

One thing I've learned about forums; a lot of commenters read the OP and nothing else before posting.

Thanked by 4wych netomx Mark_R Dylan
  • larslars Member
    edited July 2014

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Nekki said:
    One thing I've learned about forums; a lot of commenters read the OP and nothing else before posting.

I added a lot of things to the starting post.