Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install TeamSpeak 3 Server in Ubuntu/Debian (Easy Steps - 5 Minutes Guide)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install TeamSpeak 3 Server in Ubuntu/Debian (Easy Steps - 5 Minutes Guide)

ashiqueashique Member
edited July 2014 in Tutorials

Hello LET Members,

Check this easy and awesome Tuto Installing your TeamSpeak 3 Server in just 5 Minutes.

http://itsmegeek.com/install-teamspeak-3-manual-installation/

• Choose your OS and Version accordingly from TeamSpeak3 Website while installing.

Thanks.

Comments

• SweetSweet Member

Mumble > Teamspeak.

• Does TS3 offer comparable low latency compared to mumble these days?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@tjmayer said:
    Does TS3 offer comparable low latency compared to mumble these days?

It does, but their licensing system is getting worse and worse. They banned freehosters and they will change their NPL in December so you can only run 2 servers on a NPL (you can run 10 servers right now)

Thanked by 1tjmayer
  • @tr1cky said:
    It does, but their licensing system is getting worse and worse. They banned freehosters and they will change their NPL in December so you can only run 2 servers on a NPL (you can run 10 servers right now)

That is pretty brutal, guess I'll stick with the clear choice here, not that it was really in question anyway. Thanks man.

Thanked by 1ashique
  • n0myn0my Member

32 slots is too less. Mumble is better and open source.

• KupolKupol Member

Can you even get the NPL now? Whenever I check their website it says it's been closed.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Guys this isn't TeamSpeak vs Muble debate, it's a script.

Anywho, lovely share OP! :)

Thanked by 1ashique
  • Does TeamSpeak use a lot of resources? Let's say 100 users are on at one time.

• n0myn0my Member

GreenHostBox said: Does TeamSpeak use a lot of resources? Let's say 100 users are on at one time.

Will you buy the license? Because you can only have 32 users on at one time.

• sc754sc754 Member

@GreenHostBox said:
    Does TeamSpeak use a lot of resources? Let's say 100 users are on at one time.

Not really, when my ts3 has 40-50 people in it uses about 8-15% cpu on an intel atom n2800

• I run a TS3 server with average 500~ users daily. It uses 700GB~ a month, a whole core and a half an l5420 at peak of 230 users talking at once, and 50mb of ram at peak. Average bandwidth usage is 8 megabits a second.

Thanked by 1ashique
  • @nevimer said:
    I run a TS3 server with average 500~ users daily. It uses 700GB~ a month, a whole core and a half an l5420 at peak of 230 users talking at once, and 50mb of ram at peak. Average bandwidth usage is 8 megabits a second.

Thanks for the detailed stat! I was gonna write this up. But already did! ^_^

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @tr1cky said:

What the fuck is wrong with them?
    I remember back in the day when all you really needed was an working email to get an NPL but now you a damn background check & credit check to get one.

The folks running the Teamspeak project are going to kill it since more and more people are learning about Mumble (100% Free to use) and I'm probably gonna make the switch soon as well.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@aldothetroll said:
    The folks running the Teamspeak project are going to kill it since more and more people are learning about Mumble (100% Free to use) and I'm probably gonna make the switch soon as well.

And there are even more alternatives out there. There is Curse Voice, which could take over a lot of the LoL players and there's Raidcall, where everyone can create his own "server" that's hosted on the Raidcall network for free.

• @tr1cky said:
    And there are even more alternatives out there. There is Curse Voice, which could take over a lot of the LoL players and there's Raidcall, where everyone can create his own "server" that's hosted on the Raidcall network for free.

I use to use curse voice but last I heard Riot said it's still not allowed to be used so I use Teamspeak when playing with friends but it has been getting more and more CPU hungry since the beta days a few years ago and I really don't like Ventrilo so Mumble will most likely be it's replacement