Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LINODE $50 Credit. UPDATE: EXPIRED - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LINODE $50 Credit. UPDATE: EXPIRED

Comments

• yaochengyaocheng Member
    edited July 2014

Your account is currently being reviewed. You'll receive an email from us in just a few minutes, so hang tight!

more than 10 mins ...

Edit: it went through after 1+ hours, finally.

• Good coupon and working.
    You can't have previous coupon used.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Thanks, signed up with your referal code.

• J1021J1021 Member

Woo, had been leaving off adding credit to another cloud service (Do, Vultr..) but $55 for the price of $5 is too good to refuse.

• @1e10 said:
    kcaj.me

That fish of yours is awesome

• @Santiago said:

Oh my, it is indeed awesome. :)

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2014

@Bella said:
    I don't like how I have to give them my CC info

I've added my real card when signing up, although changed the number and expiry date for tomorrow. From what I remember, Linode removes expired cards.

• J1021J1021 Member

Santiago said: That fish of yours is awesome

I think I stole it from @Jack (With permission ofcourse) ;)

• @Santiago said:

I signed up under your referral link. :)

• akzakz Member

nice got the $50 credit, couldnt resist thanks!

• cppgohancppgohan Member
    edited July 2014

@drazilox said:
    Well fuck. Already used the linode10 coupon :|

I had an old account, cancel the old then recreate the account, better than DO

Is it worked for linode10 coupon already used?

• Wow thanks mate

• Also another epic thing about Linode is their longview monitering system, and you can even add non linode boxes!

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@Santiago said:
    I got this offer from bootstrapped.fm, the promotion is only valid for new accounts.

Thank you.

• J1021J1021 Member

linuxthefish said: Also another epic thing about Linode is their longview monitering system, and you can even add non linode boxes!

Discovered this about an hour ago. It's great as an overview tool (only retains data for 12 hours on the free plan) for all my servers.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2014

Got mine as well. This is awesome. I would never have signed up for Linode otherwise. ;) Have too many LEBs. Now I can find out what it means to have a Linode.

How does Linode handle "linodes"? It is like the drops on DO, where when you destroy a droplet, you stop being billed? Can I play around with a linode for an hour, destroy it and be billed for just an hour?

• Caveman122Caveman122 Member
    edited July 2014

@joelgm said:
    Got mine as well. This is awesome. I would never have signed up for Linode otherwise. ;) Have too many LEBs. Now I can find out what it means to have a Linode.

How does Linode handle "linodes"? It is like the drops on DO, where when you destroy a droplet, you stop being billed? Can I play around with a linode for an hour, destroy it and be billed for just an hour?

Yep, be sure to destroy it.

• StevieStevie Member

@Santiago

Thanks for this, I paid the $5 and got the $50 bonus!

Also I used your referral code :-)

• Nice, thanks!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I have used your referral code too :)

btw, $10/m?

• StevieStevie Member

@netomx

Yea there cheapest vps is $10 a month, which is above LET range, but still 5 months of service for $5 is good, plus I only hear good things about linode but like most on this thread I wouldn't of signed up without this free $50 :-P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • SantiagoSantiago Member
    edited July 2014

@Raymii said:
    Thank you.

Thank you for your years of contribution to the sysadmin community.

And thank you to all of you who have used my referral.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • kaflokaflo Member

I'm going to save the $55 until Linode comes up with a 512mb linode for $5.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • StevieStevie Member

@kaflo

I am saving it too until i have something to use it for - but I doubt linode will make a $5 plan :-( - I wish they did as well.

• I got the $55 credit too, but I don't intend to use it for now. For how long this credit will last without being used? Is there a time-limit?

• J1021J1021 Member

Stevie said: I am saving it too until i have something to use it for - but I doubt linode will make a $5 plan :-( - I wish they did as well.

Me too, this would then be perfect for a VPN.

• ValdVald Member

used your referral :)

• StevieStevie Member

@Santiago

Wow you are gonna get a crap load of $20 per referral in 90 days - Grats :-D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • J1021J1021 Member

Stevie said: Wow you are gonna get a crap load of $20 per referral in 90 days - Grats :-D

I used the referral but I think they only pay out if you have a Linode active for 90 days, which I don't.

• StevieStevie Member

@1e10

Oh you need to have a active vps for 90 days? (meaning not just have a account with credit? = active?)

I see then :-/ that stinks