Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LINODE $50 Credit. UPDATE: EXPIRED
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LINODE $50 Credit. UPDATE: EXPIRED

SantiagoSantiago Member
edited July 2014 in General

UPDATE: The coupon has expired

Hello X,
Thank you for contacting us! I apologize for any inconvenience, but that promotional code is no longer valid. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks, Linode Support

I got this offer from bootstrapped.fm, the promotion is only valid for new accounts.

1. Register a new Linode account. (shameless referral link)
  2. Help a bro and use my referral code: e4903f72df609bfbba7fcab9d671cb37a54a5e90
  3. Use BOOTSTRAPPEDFM to get $50 credit.
  4. You will need to prepay $5 with your credit card.
  5. Enjoy your new linode account.

Comments

• Well fuck. Already used the linode10 coupon :|

• @drazilox said:
    Well fuck. Already used the linode10 coupon :|

I know that feel. (DigitalOcean's black Friday offer)

• mov3mov3 Member

Thank You.
    I got the $50 Credit

• yywudiyywudi Member

wow, same promotion as DO. fight back?

• mov3mov3 Member

@yywudi said:
    wow, same promotion as DO. fight back?

DO have same promotion?
  • TravTrav Member

Thank you!!!! :D

• @mov3 said:
    DO have same promotion?

DO did have a similar promotion 7~8 months ago (Black Friday)

• yywudiyywudi Member

@mov3 said:

not available now, but the BLACKFRIDAY offer give free $50 when new account registered and pay $5. that's totally same as Linode offer

• mov3mov3 Member

@yywudi said:
    not available now, but the BLACKFRIDAY offer give free $50 when new account registered and pay $5. that's totally same as Linode offer

Thank You. I love linode because have Japan location.

• SantiagoSantiago Member
    edited July 2014

@mov3 said:
    I love linode because have Japan location.

DigitalOcean Singapore is/was horrible (3 months ago, horrible uploads and downloads)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

already have linode account... :(

just have recommended some friends to register, lol

• Thanks, it works.. I have added my referal link in my sig if anyone would like to use mine ;)

• mov3mov3 Member

@Santiago said:
    DigitalOcean Singapore is/was horrible (3 months ago, horrible uploads and downloads)

The network speed is horrible? How about the I/O?

• @Santiago said:

@mov3

I just fired up a box there a week or so ago, pulling ~30MB/s down, and pushed ~26MB/s up to my Ramnode Seattle box.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited July 2014

i don't need that, i have an account in good stand for many years. But this is for sure a keeper. The very best vps provider with a terrific community giving out 5 months of its basic package for free.

Everybody should get one and see the difference between a Linode and a regular VPS.

(there are a few exception, like Prometeus, KuJoe's SecureDragon, OpenITC XenVz and a few others, but this is a top notch vps with the best library of resources, tutorials and a very active community.)

Edit: i wrongly calculated 10 months free. 5 is the right number

• mov3mov3 Member

@mikeyur said:
    I just fired up a box there a week or so ago, pulling ~30MB/s down, and pushed ~26MB/s up to my Ramnode Seattle box.

Not bad

• @mikeyur said:

Thank you for the follow up, 3 months ago was something like ~1MB/s down ~500KB/s up to my Ramnode Seattle box. It seems that the connectivity is getting better.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

marrco said: The very best vps provider with a terrific community giving out 10 months of its basic package for free.

You mean which one? If linode, then with the $50 coupon you only get 5 months, not 10.

• @rm_ said:
    You mean which one? If linode, then with the $50 coupon you only get 5 months, not 10.

I think he got confused with the DO $5 plan here

• BellaBella Member

I don't like how I have to give them my CC info

• marrcomarrco Member

rm_ said: You mean which one? If linode, then with the $50 coupon you only get 5 months, not 10.

Oops, you're right. 5 months free. I shouldn't do math before coffee in the morning

• @Bella said:
    I don't like how I have to give them my CC info

Always keep a prepaid debit card handy for such occasions. I still sleep well even when linode, amazon and few other providers have my CC data which is worth less than a dollar right now.

• BarisBaris Member

Thank you very much! Got my 50 dollars instantly. Used your refferal code also ;-)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

Thanks man! You are god! 55$ in Linode for 5 bucks! Already grabbed it. And, fo course, I used the refferal

• Thanks you very much.

• tommytommy Member

awsesome
    thanks alot $55.00 (credit)

• NingNing Member

thanks you, it works!!!

• guitarfireguitarfire Member
    edited July 2014

Thank you, works with Entropay virtual credit card in case any one is having problems with credit card..!

• pending activation, is it ok? paid with a virtual cc

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2014

No Paypal..