Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

similar offer like oneprovider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

similar offer like oneprovider

Hello guys,
does anybody of you know a similar offer to the one http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france provide with their Intel Core i3-530 2.93 GHz + IPMI? it shouldn't be more expensive. My problem is just that the configuration seems to be sold out permantly.

Thanks.

Comments

• sc754sc754 Member

kimsufi.com

• There're not providing raid... it's for WebHosting purpose.
    Also their network isn't the fastest, is it?

• sc754sc754 Member

online.net also has a nice offer of a new atom processor for 20 euro. You won't find many places other than online doing raid for that price. You can always get the i3 and do a network raid or backup to a cheaper machine

• sc754sc754 Member

The ovh network in my experience is better than online.net's (oneprovider)

• Or a bit worse configuration would be ok, too.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited June 2014

None knows anything compatetive?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2014

@webcraft for the most part OneProvider is mainly a reseller. They are reselling other companies like OVH for example (which I believe is where the server you listed above is located). If it is showing out on their site, the company they are reselling is also likely out of that particular server.

Also, there are not a lot of competitors outside of France (OVH, Online.net, etc) that will match/have those type of cheap servers. The only other providers which comes to mind would be Wholesale Internet (Kansas), Joe's (Kansas) and maybe Delimiter (Atlanta) and even then I don't think they are going to give you an i3 for the equivalent of 20 Euro. You would be more likely to find an ATOM server.

Cheers!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

TheLinuxBug said: for the most part OneProvider is mainly a reseller. They are reselling other companies like OVH for example (which I believe is where the server you listed above is located). If it is showing out on their site, the company they are reselling is also likely out of that particular server.

In France OneProvider is reselling from Online.net. And not in a true sense of the word, since they get pushed the old offer lineups, so at OneProvider you will find lots of models which Online.net itself does not sell directly anymore.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • i3-530 has a Passmark of 2596

Dual X5150 has a Passmark of 3506 so in terms of raw processor, Delimiter's Dual X5150 offer outperforms that i3.

Also note that Delimiter's X5150 has 16GB RAM and cheaper than 20 EUR

• @MarkTurner said:
    i3-530 has a Passmark of 2596

Dual X5150 has a Passmark of 3506 so in terms of raw processor, Delimiter's Dual X5150 offer outperforms that i3.

Is that good enough for a shared hosting enviroment? (didn't even read the first post just wanna know cause I'm looking for one)

• @MarkTurner said:
    i3-530 has a Passmark of 2596

But they're not offering raid for cheap. That's the problem.

• @TH_George - it depends how large the shared hosting is. Its an enterprise grade blade server, but don't expect to put 10,000 customers on it. Buy saying that, we have a lot of customers who start on these systems and as their business grows, they ask their disk to be moved to the next blade server up the range, so their downtime is kept to 1-2 minutes whilst the box spins down and the new box spins up.

• @webcraft - HP SmartArray hardware RAID is included for free, you just need to add the second disk for $10/month.

• nimdynimdy Member

@MarkTurner said:
    webcraft - HP SmartArray hardware RAID is included for free, you just need to add the second disk for $10/month.

Possibly a silly question, but does the extra hdd have to be ordered up front or can it be added at a later date to enable raid?

• @nimdy - most people order the system without any extras, confirm they are happy then order things like extra disks/IPs.