Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP frameworks built on C
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP frameworks built on C

jhjh Member

I'm working on a new website for Loading Deck, which is likely to include a little backend functionality, and I'd like to take this opportunity to try something new. I know Symfony and Silex well and love them in their own ways, but I want to add something faster to my arsenal.

I came across YAF and Phalcon, which are PHP frameworks built on C. A great idea, but has anyone tried them? If so, what do you make of them?

Comments

• I've used phalcon. Very different style from other frameworks but works well

• ValdVald Member

I have tried phalcon too and i can only say good things about it. Version 2 is around the corner but I am waiting for it to become stable and production ready. Its good for different projects but bare in mind that hardly any shared host supports it since Phalcon comes as a PHP extension. So if anyone wants a fancy new framework for your project be sure to warn your customers and what they will need to face later if they want to move hosts.

• jhjh Member

vladimir said: hardly any shared host supports it since Phalcon

Not a problem. I'm also trying out Fortrabbit!