Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS with [Windows/1GB Memory/4Mbps - 6Mbps bandwidth]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS with [Windows/1GB Memory/4Mbps - 6Mbps bandwidth]

suliuyisuliuyi Member

Hi LET, I'm looking for a VPS with [Windows/1GB Memory/4Mbps - 6Mbps bandwidth] and price within $3.5/month
I know this is a bit...... oh oh oh
But I really need this

Comments

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited June 2014

Hello @suliuyi,

We are able to offer the following at this price point, given our previous promotion:

CPU Units: 100

RAM: 1024 MB

Storage: 20 GB

Price: $3.50/mo

Windows Server 2003 - 2008 R2 allowed. Windows Server 2012 R2 won't run very well given the resources [ less than the recommended by Microsoft. ] No license is provided [ bring your own or evaluation. ]

Bandwidth is unmetered fair usage on a Dual 1Gbps shared port.

Thanked by 1suliuyi
  • @GoodHosting said:
    Hello suliuyi,

We are able to offer the following at this price point, given our previous promotion:

CPU Units: 100

RAM: 1024 MB

Storage: 20 GB

Price: $3.50/mo

Windows Server 2003 - 2008 R2 allowed. Windows Server 2012 R2 won't run very well given the resources [ less than the recommended by Microsoft. ] No license is provided [ bring your own or evaluation. ]

Bandwidth is unmetered fair usage on a Dual 1Gbps shared port.

Can I get 6Mbps for my own? If I can, I'd like to get the order link~

• @suliuyi said:

You will easily be able to use 6Mbps no problem.

Please come on LiveChat at http://goodhosting.co/ and I can set this up for you.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited June 2014

EDIT: nevermind.

• @VPN said:
    Winity.io

They're not $3.50 :).

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

I'd pay the extra and go with Winity.io if I am honest.

@GoodHosting what disks do you use for your Storage?

Note - Winity includes a genuine copy of Windows Server rather than BYOL or 180days.

• VPNVPN Member

Yeah, actually I just spotted your price as I posted it :P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

2012 is lighter weight than 2008 as well.

• @wych said:

I would even recommend winity.io myself, if the client had the budget and hadn't their own license. It's a great service, and the license being included is great for most people. Now with them going SSD, they don't even have the I/O issue anymore.

@AnthonySmith said:
    2012 is lighter weight than 2008 as well.

Windows Server 2012 R2 [ with a GUI ] recommends 32GB of Storage and 2GB of RAM, it will run on far less; but it won't appreciate the single core very well. We offer an [optional] autoUnattend.xml in our Windows Server 2008 R2 media that removes a lot of the "crud" that a Server OS generally shouldn't have [ Print services, XPS writer, Print to PDF, PDF saving internal, .NET pre-install, non-KVM drivers, camera/scanner drivers, etc. ]

I still wouldn't say Windows Server 2008 R2 runs "blazingly fast" or anything on only 1 core, even if the core is dedicated. Not to mention the high SWAP/Virtual Memory that Windows configures by default can slow things down.

It may well recommend it, out of the box 2012 is lighter though.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    It may well recommend it, out of the box 2012 is lighter though.

I'd easily say that the "Core" version of 2012 R2 is lighter, but I'm not sure on 2012 itself; [ haven't used / tested it just yet. ] Do you mean with the GUI as well as with the core version?

I mean the GUI version.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I mean the GUI version.

Thanks, will do some testing. I'd be really curious if it was; given the kernel improvements I would really hope so, but the newer .NET is a huge bloat.

• @wych said:
    I'd pay the extra and go with Winity.io if I am honest.

GoodHosting what disks do you use for your Storage?

Note - Winity includes a genuine copy of Windows Server rather than BYOL or 180days.

I have UNLIMITED GENUINE COPY of Windows from DreamSpark~

• wychwych Member

@suliuyi said:

Cool. What you studying?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@GoodHosting said:
    I still wouldn't say Windows Server 2008 R2 runs "blazingly fast" or anything on only 1 core, even if the core is dedicated. Not to mention the high SWAP/Virtual Memory that Windows configures by default can slow things down.

I run 2012 with GUI on a Inception UK HVM.
    The vps has 1 gb ram but I only use 500-700mb (rare occasions 800).

And its fast. :)

• @wych said:
    Cool. What you studying?

Computer Science

• Pay some bucks to get better services... it will be best for whatever purposes you purchasing.