Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH VPS with Anti-DDoS PRO? Can anybody explain it to me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH VPS with Anti-DDoS PRO? Can anybody explain it to me?

Hi, i can't understand.

I wrote message to OVH support, but still no answer from them at all.

My question to lowendtalk community

Does http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud.xml have OVH AntiDDoS-PRO with permanent filtering, or not?

If yes, AntiDDoS-PRO it's extra option, i know, how much it cost?

Anybody have experience with OVH VPS with AntiDDoS-PRO?

I'm haven't interest in simple AntiDDoS from OVH.

I need that for game server.

Anybody can help me?

Thanked by 1Nekki

Comments

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

http://www.ovh.co.uk/anti-ddos/

Per that link it appears to only be the Anti-DDoS not Anti-DDoS PRO. I'm not familiar with VPS lineup so YMMV.

If you included the Professional Use option, you'd have Anti-DDoS PRO. I haven't seen a price for this, yet.

I also created an order and was never given the option to add Professional Use. As stated above YMMV :/

• okay, i will be wait for anybody who know for sure, and have experience.

• StevieStevie Member

I have a OVH VPS, is the filtering you mention like port filtering etc?

If so I think I have that (It was free my price is still $2.99 a month)

I think you can enable the pro feature on vps dashboard.

• StevieStevie Member

IP address Reverse Virtual MAC Mitigation Firewall Alerts
    --------------------------- Permanent Enabled

IF thats is pro ddos, login to the my account, then click the IP tab, then look for your vps there and you can enable pro

• @Stevie Can you pm few screenshots from their dashboard to PM? I wanna to look on that.

• StevieStevie Member

That gear all the far right is where you add it I believe, I think that is ddos pro but im not 100% sure.

I hope this information does help you in your question.

• @>; @Stevie said:

You have http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud.xml this?

Or what type of VPS you have?

How about: cat /proc/cpuinfo? Can you show that? Sorry for to much questions.

• StevieStevie Member

@desperand

Oh no I have the VPS line not the cloud vps :-/

You can find that info on here(the cpu info and such) I dont feel like logging in now :-/ sorry

• bump?

• J1021J1021 Member

I think your best bet would be to persist with OVH sales and/or post on their forum.

• @1e10 said:
    I think your best bet would be to persist with OVH sales and/or post on their forum.

Already did 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, and 1 week, and last few days ago.

Every day i'm repeating the same questions, but i getting no answer from different e-mails. That is very strange.

• J1021J1021 Member

desperand said: Already did 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, and 1 week, and last few days ago.

Every day i'm repeating the same questions, but i getting no answer from different e-mails. That is very strange.

Keep an eye on this thread. http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?8125-Anti-DDOS-Pro&p=61115#post61115

• From what OVH write on their websites, i think "anti-ddos pro" is only provided for OVH.com dedicated servers. All others kimsufi/soyoustart/vps/webhosting - have only basic "anti-ddos" which enabled in case of massive traffic flood.

So i guess, to get "anti-ddos pro" VPS, you should use some reseller :)

• DylanDylan Member
    edited June 2014

Profforg said: From what OVH write on their websites, i think "anti-ddos pro" is only provided for OVH.com dedicated servers. All others kimsufi/soyoustart/vps/webhosting - have only basic "anti-ddos" which enabled in case of massive traffic flood.

Classic VPSes come with the pro (permanent mitigation) as a toggle-able option in the CP.

It's probably a safe bet that if OVH's cheap VPSes have it, their premium ones do too.

• Dylan said: Classic VPSes come with the pro (permanent mitigation) as a toggle-able option in the CP.

Pro is not only permanent mitigation. It's also a firewall network with much more solid than Arbor and Tilera, Cisco switches. http://www.ovh.com/fr/anti-ddos/firewall-network.xml

• StevieStevie Member

@Dylan said:
    It's probably a safe bet that if OVH's cheap VPSes have it, their premium ones do too.

Yea thats what I thought, $2.99 a month for 400 gbps protection is unbeatable.

Only sad thing is I get 118 ms delay - but not that bad i guess

• This is all the DDoS protection you get on their VPS

We have just detected an attack on IP address XX

>

In order to protect your infrastructure, we vacuumed up your traffic onto our mitigation infrastructure.

>

The entire attack will thus be filtered by our infrastructure, and only legitimate traffic will reach your servers.

>

At the end of the attack, your infrastructure will be immediately withdrawn from the mitigation.

You don't get any control over it in the Control panel or anything

• DylanDylan Member

hostnoob said: You don't get any control over it in the Control panel or anything

Yes, you do. It's under the IP section.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited June 2014

@Dylan said:
    Yes, you do. It's under the IP section.

Edit: Right. Yeah, you need to click dedicated at the top, and then you get the options @stevie has. Never knew

• cassacassa Member
    edited June 2014

Nvm