Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expanding disk size for cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Expanding disk size for cPanel

webcraftwebcraft Member
edited June 2014 in Help

Hello,
I run a KVM Server on which cPanel is installed. Now I'd like to expand the size of the disk but my question now is, if this is possible by just increasing the value given at the Disk-Field (e.g. in Proxmox) or do I have to do anything else. E.g. on cPanel?

Thanks for your answers already in advance.

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited June 2014

You need to increase the disk size with qemu-img on the host, then boot into something like gparted (i use ubuntu desktop live) and resize the partition.

• Ok.. That's all? No modification or resetting of settings in cPanel needed? Increasing the disksize is done via proxmox interface. Resizing via a web interface cause it's lvm.

• @webcraft said:
    Ok.. That's all? No modification or resetting of settings in cPanel needed? Increasing the disksize is done via proxmox interface. Resizing via a web interface cause it's lvm.

You might still need to resize the actual partition in the KVM. cPanel will work fine on changing the disk size after reboot, although you might need to run it's quote regenerating script...

• Ok. Thanks. :)