Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[DE] VPS 384MB RAM, 15GB HDD RAID-10 and 500GB BW (1 GBit port) recurring $4.99/mo.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[DE] VPS 384MB RAM, 15GB HDD RAID-10 and 500GB BW (1 GBit port) recurring $4.99/mo.

qhosterqhoster Member
edited May 2012 in Offers

1 CPU core
384 MB Guaranteed memory
768 MB Swap memory
15 GB Disk space
500 GB Monthly traffic
1 IP address

ORDER Xen VPS

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

Wow, new EUROPEAN vps offer?!!! For those don't know (directly from wiki!) Europe is, by convention, one of the world's seven continents.
    Comprising the westernmost peninsula of Eurasia, Europe is generally 'divided' from Asia to its east by the watershed divides of the Ural and Caucasus Mountains, the Ural River, the Caspian and Black Seas, and the waterways connecting the Black and Aegean Seas. Europe is bordered by the Arctic Ocean and other bodies of water to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, and the Black Sea and connected waterways to the southeast. Yet the borders of Europe—a concept dating back to classical antiquity—are somewhat arbitrary, as the primarily physiographic term "continent" can incorporate cultural and political elements.

From given data we can pretty safe assume that offered vps is located in one of those countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom

/sarcasm off

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@Spirit said: Wow, new EUROPEAN vps offer?!!!

ROFL. I couldn't help but laugh at your comment because that was exactly what I was thinking.

• <______<;

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

Some digging resolved mistery. VPS node is not located in Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom but in Germany.

46.228.204.42 https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html?searchtext=46.228.204.42#resultsAnchor

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Spirit is out for blood today.

:)

Francisco

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

Actually I expected OVH. From some reason new VPS providers located in OVH DC prefer to use in description "Europe" instead "France" as location :)

• qhosterqhoster Member
    edited May 2012

Xen VPS offer is in Germany :) sorry the country was not mentioned.

• DamianDamian Member

From your TOS:

7a. Use of resources

The provider prohibits:

1) Starting at server processes that run continuously (daemons)

So, uh, what can you do with this?

• qhosterqhoster Member

This is for shared hosting plans. Of course you can run daemons with VPS / dedicated ...

• DamianDamian Member

I was looking for your Terms of Service. I clicked Terms of Service at the bottom of the page and got http://www.qhoster.com/tos.html

Where's the TOS for VPS?

• qhosterqhoster Member
    edited May 2012

There, you cannot use the services for illegal activities, spam, IRC, public proxies ... All is written. The daemon rule has been edited to apply only shared hosting accounts cause seems was confusing.

• bretonbreton Member

bump for wrong removal

• biplabbiplab Member

Please refer following thread where I have posted my experience with this provider. It may help you.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2150/qhoster.com-offer-from-wht#Item_12

Read my last post. To cut a long story short this provider seems extremely intolerant to incoming ddos. They may terminate vps if it is attacked.

• qhosterqhoster Member

Yes if you know you are attacked and moving to us, you are not welcome.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

why don't they just shutdown your node and not terminate the service? not your fault you got attacked.

• biplabbiplab Member

@qhoster said: Yes if you know you are attacked and moving to us, you are not welcome.

This is partially correct. In my case vps was empty. It was secured and left alone. There was no public accessible service. None of nameservers were pointing to that ip. And definitely I was not under attack which prompted me to buy server from you.

Still you terminated my vps without even informing me. When I asked you to provide me a network graph of that attack you couldn't provide it. So how can I be sure that it was under attack?

Moreover your TOS doesn't mentions such provision. When you came here with your promo you didn't mention your policy towards incoming ddos. Only after I raised it here you mentioned about it.

So why were you silent about your policy towards incoming ddos?

@jcaleb said: why don't they just shutdown your node and not terminate the service? not your fault you got attacked.

I was also surprised when I found this.

Anyway I'd recommend to take hourly backup if anyone gets a server with them. Because you never know when your account will be terminated.

• qhosterqhoster Member

It is a must a customer knows whats happening with his VPS constantly. Your VPS was getting ~ 300Mbits attack. We just cannot afford to loose a node with 64GB RAM and customers for 1 attacked VPS. The problems started same day you moved with us. Sorry for the bad experience you had but you have got fully refunded after all.

• biplabbiplab Member

@qhoster said: The problems started same day you moved with us.

So the problems started the same day I moved. Then Why didn't you mention that my vps is under attack when I requested you to move my vps to a XEN-HVM. And thereafter when I had a difficulty setting up network? The attack should have been present that time, right.

@qhoster said: Sorry for the bad experience you had but you have got fully refunded after all.

Didn't I mention in that post that I was refunded?

And how did you handle the whole situation?
    1) You terminated my account without informing me.
    2) You refunded only after I asked for it. Why didn't you process my refund immediately after canceling my server?

And you didn't answer my question. Why didn't you mention your policy when you posted your offer here? We all would be happy to know your answer.

• qhosterqhoster Member

Normally VPSes and dedicated servers with us are not getting refunds only when we decide.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@biplab were you given the chance to recover your data?

• biplabbiplab Member

@jcaleb

No.