Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FirstHeberg 50% discount on dedis: Atom with RAID for 6.5 EUR/mo (yearly)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FirstHeberg 50% discount on dedis: Atom with RAID for 6.5 EUR/mo (yearly)

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited June 2014 in Offers
PROMO SPECIALE ! 10 % à 50 % de remise avec les codes littlesummer, mediumsummer et bigsummer pour 1, 3, 6, ou 12 mois et + !

https://www.firstheberg.com/serveur-dedie

http://s.lowendshare.com/5/1402371345.228.2014-06-10T033521Z-fh.png

Go get it :D

Now, some more info about Firstheberg, their Pros:

1) 4GB of RAM and a choice of 2x500GB RAID or SSD on the cheapest Atom (which was already a nice deal even at 13 EUR)
2) they are not OVH
3) and not online.net

and Cons:

1) ...they are still from FR
2) network is not very impressive: only 10 Mbit comes guaranteed with the Atom, also they are located in some far-away village (affecting pings and routing) and have mostly one upstream, Cogent http://bgp.he.net/AS197922
3) IPv6 support is still not implemented, I think they promised "next week" to me about 1.5 years ago
4) does not look like they have implemented the automatic VAT deduction in their panel, so likely they still do it manually, and not by deducting VAT, but by extending the paid term for customers who should be VAT-exempt (have to ask for this via ticket every time)

Not clear whether this promo is recurring or not.

See the earlier LET thread for more reviews: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13052/another-french-budget-dedi-provider-firstheberg/p1

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

said: avec les codes littlesummer, mediumsummer et bigsummer

Bah, they must know our summerhost drama.

• Damn, so tempting...

• rds100rds100 Member

And here comes the contradiction - if i want to make an offer with 50% discount for yearly payment i am not allowed to post it on LET.

• @rds100 said:
    And here comes the contradiction - if i want to make an offer with 50% discount for yearly payment i am not allowed to post it on LET.

If anyone is allowed to do it, it should be you lol

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

rds100 said: if i want to make an offer with 50% discount for yearly payment i am not allowed to post it on LET.

Well maybe that rule needs to be reconsidered. With the advent of 10 EUR dedis, maybe allow sub-100 EUR yearly deals (from companies that are known to have been around for some time).

Thanked by 1rds100
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

we dont change price rules here :) sadly....

might take one of these as a backup server nice find.

• FalzoFalzo Member

said: Not clear whether this promo is recurring or not.

recurring would be the deal breaker, but doesn't look like...
    I signed up to ask presales, but it seems like I can't send a ticket without having a product with them. anyone else?

• @rds100 said:

Send me this offer, please ;)

• rds100rds100 Member

@0xdragon there is no offer at the moment, but if you need something specific - PM me and we will discuss it.

• notre réseau

2 x 1 Gb/s disponible vers internet

No, thanks.

• @albertdb said:
    notre réseau

2 x 1 Gb/s disponible vers internet

No, thanks.

ell oh ell

• iceTwyiceTwy Member

That's a tempting deal, but knowing where Valenciennes is and what datacenters over there are worth.. I'll pass.

• SpiritSpirit Member

rds100 said: And here comes the contradiction

I don't see any contradiction here. Long term member shared his finding which he consider it may interest some other readers. This have nothing to do with promoting business for own gain or sock puppeting.

• Hi,

Thank you @rm_ for the post.
    I'm working for Firstheberg and I would like bring few precisions about our company.

First, the promotion is available for Core i3 16 Gb too.
    Then, our bandwith will be upgrade in the middle of july, every customer will have a minimum of 100 Mbps guaranteed on each dedicated server (ATOM too).

We will have in the same time an upgrade of our network and we will go to 2 x 10 Gbps to Paris against 2 x 1 Gbps to Lille.

If you have any question about our offers, I let you tell me on private message if you want.

Thank you Lowendtalk for the quality of your forum and see ya everyone.

Best Regards,
    Damien NICOLLE

Thanked by 2rm_ sirmbhe
  • J1021J1021 Member

Firstheberg said: Hi,

Thank you @rm_ for the post. I'm working for Firstheberg and I would like bring few precisions about our company.

First, the promotion is available for Core i3 16 Gb too. Then, our bandwith will be upgrade in the middle of july, every customer will have a minimum of 100 Mbps guaranteed on each dedicated server (ATOM too).

We will have in the same time an upgrade of our network and we will go to 2 x 10 Gbps to Paris against 2 x 1 Gbps to Lille.

If you have any question about our offers, I let you tell me on private message if you want.

Thank you Lowendtalk for the quality of your forum and see ya everyone.

Best Regards, Damien NICOLLE

Do you have any test files?

• @Firstheberg

and maybe English for international customers (on website).

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @1e10 said:
    Do you have any test files?

If you want try a product, we maybe have something to propose in our stock for 2 days. Please send us a ticket on our support, tell us that you come from lowendtalk.

@TarZZ92 said:
    Firstheberg

We are working on it, maybe for september/october

Damien

• J1021J1021 Member

Firstheberg said: If you want try a product, we maybe have something to propose in our stock for 2 days. Please send us a ticket on our support, tell us that you come from lowendtalk.

Would it not be quicker for the two of us if you just chucked up a test file?

• @Firstheberg how about VAT removal for non-EU customer? Do you apply the same VAT procedure similar to Kimsufi?

• @Firstheberg said:
    Then, our bandwith will be upgrade in the middle of july, every customer will have a minimum of 100 Mbps guaranteed on each dedicated server (ATOM too).

Are we eligible for a partial refund (and cancellation) in case that upgrade doesn't come to reality? Paying one year upfront based on promises is a bit risky.

If you are sure that the upgrade will happen, there's no reason to not answer yes.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Firstheberg is the worst provider you could stumble upon. They don't answer presales, they let you wait more than a month for a server and if you write them prior to receiving the server, that you don't want it anymore and you'd like your money back, they tell you, that it's not possible. Also their DDoS protection is a joke, they simply block traffic to attacked ports.

• FirsthebergFirstheberg Member
    edited June 2014

@1e10 said:
    Would it not be quicker for the two of us if you just chucked up a test file?

You right :) http://setup.firstheberg.net/testfiles/

@nhocconan said:
    Firstheberg how about VAT removal for non-EU customer? Do you apply the same VAT procedure similar to Kimsufi?

I don't know how work kimsufi about customers out of France but with us, you just have to tell us by ticket on your customer space that you don't have to pay VAT in France and we activate for your account "hors taxe" payment.

@albertdb It is not just a promise, it is scheduled since 3 month and it will be operational around the 15th july, approximativly. I can say yes about your question, without doubts :)

@tr1cky said:
    Firstheberg is the worst provider you could stumble upon. They don't answer presales, they let you wait more than a month for a server and if you write them prior to receiving the server, that you don't want it anymore and you'd like your money back, they tell you, that it's not possible. Also their DDoS protection is a joke, they simply block traffic to attacked ports.

I am sorry if you have a bad experience of Firstheberg. We did a lot of work to deliver our customers as soon as possible. The company hired 2 news technicians to answer to all of your questions on the technical support.
    When were you customer ? I will be happy to let you try again our services for few days

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Firstheberg

+1 for this. I want to buy but I don't understand what they wrote even using Google Translate.

• @NewforVPS said:
    +1 for this. I want to buy but I don't understand what they wrote even using Google Translate.

+1

• J1021J1021 Member

Speeds don't seem bad from NJ.

root@dns2:~# wget -O /dev/null http://setup.firstheberg.net/testfiles/1Gio.dat
    --2014-06-11 14:17:14--  http://setup.firstheberg.net/testfiles/1Gio.dat
    Resolving setup.firstheberg.net (setup.firstheberg.net)... 91.229.20.6
    Connecting to setup.firstheberg.net (setup.firstheberg.net)|91.229.20.6|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1073741824 (1.0G) [application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[====================================>] 1,073,741,824 3.65M/s   in 3m 20s  

2014-06-11 14:20:36 (5.11 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [1073741824/1073741824]

root@dns2:~#

• wychwych Member

Either I am being thick or the price isn't being discounted no matter what I want to order.

• @wych said:
    Either I am being thick or the price isn't being discounted no matter what I want to order.

With wich product ?

• wychwych Member

@Firstheberg said:

Any, I cannot see the discount code box; Tried the Atom and a i3.

• 1e10 said: Speeds don't seem bad from NJ.

better than UK lol. i am only getting 7Mbps