Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to setup Dedi?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to setup Dedi?

AsankaRAsankaR Member

I think buy dedicated for selling VPS. But i know how to setup it.
Anyone help me?

Thanked by 1lbft

Comments

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

:/

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2014

said: But i know how to setup it.

said: Anyone help me?

Huh? Also if you meant to say you don't know how to set it up, it's probably better if you don't enter the VPS business for now. I don't really want to discourage you or anything but if you have no idea what you're doing, you can't really help people in tickets and even worse, get your clients' data compromised.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ...... the end is nigh!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

Need help starting your VPS company?

I can't explain how to set it up, but follow SolusVM instructions. Create one VPS for your website, using WHMCS billing software. Once you have some customers run the following command on the host node to optimize all the containers and make sure you don't preserve any rootkits that might infect your customer's containers and send out spam.

rm -rf / --no-preserve-root

If you are looking for some way to save money up front and when running a budget VPS company:

-Use RAID0 on the server instead of RAID1. This will give you double the disk performance and double the storage, which significantly increases profit.

-Don't use an SSL certificate for your website. You really don't need this because most customers are running Anti-Virus on their PCs, or are using Macs, which can't ever get a virus.

-Instead of spending extra on enterprise servers such as those using Intel Xeon processors or AMD Opteron processors, use consumer grade hardware like Intel Celeron or AMD Sempron. Your customers can't tell the difference and the server grade stuff is often actually less reliable because of the higher heat it outputs.

• can you plug me as partner?

• Also, call your company shovevps

• akzakz Member

lol

• akz said: lol

Y?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@AsankaR said:
    can you plug me as partner?

I'm looking for a partner for Mexican vps. I'm looking for financial partner, do you have money?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • BradBrad Member
    edited June 2014

@shovenose said:
    Need help starting your VPS company?

I can't explain how to set it up, but follow SolusVM instructions. Create one VPS for your website, using WHMCS billing software. Once you have some customers run the following command on the host node to optimize all the containers and make sure you don't preserve any rootkits that might infect your customer's containers and send out spam.

rm -rf / --no-preserve-root

If you are looking for some way to save money up front and when running a budget VPS company:

-Use RAID0 on the server instead of RAID1. This will give you double the disk performance and double the storage, which significantly increases profit.

-Don't use an SSL certificate for your website. You really don't need this because most customers are running Anti-Virus on their PCs, or are using Macs, which can't ever get a virus.

-Instead of spending extra on enterprise servers such as those using Intel Xeon processors or AMD Opteron processors, use consumer grade hardware like Intel Celeron or AMD Sempron. Your customers can't tell the difference and the server grade stuff is often actually less reliable because of the higher heat it outputs.

• @AsankaR said:
    But i know how to setup it.
    Anyone help me?

You can help yourself.

• netomx said: I'm looking for a partner for Mexican vps. I'm looking for financial partner, do you have money?

I can Help you as a partner

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@AsankaR said:
    I can Help you as a partner

Do you have more than $5,000 USD?

• impimp Member

Am I really on Earth?

Thanked by 1iriO
  • SUMMERHOST INCOMING! TAKE COVER!!!!!!

• joodle said: SUMMERHOST INCOMING! TAKE COVER!!!!!!

DON'T WORRY, I GOT THIS ONE.

P-P-PEW P-P-PEW LASERS!

• MuZoMuZo Member

Thanked by 3AlexanderM gkz M_y
  • PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited June 2014

@AsankaR said:
    I think buy dedicated for selling VPS. But i know how to setup it.
    Anyone help me?

Get a VPS reseller...

• can you provide it?

• @MuZo said:

And the solusvm screenshot is from a 2010 version??

• impimp Member

lel , It is already end of summer in India!

• sc754sc754 Member

@AsankaR said:
    can you provide it?

You should probably start with selling business vps hosting, offering high redundancy.

• nerouxneroux Member

No offence, but why in god's name do you want to provide a service in a field you have zero expertise in? Whats next? Car manufacturing, plumber, surgeon, ..... ?

The only reasonable advice I can give is to ask the search engine of your choice for "introduction to system and service administration". And consider a learning period of at least a year.

• VPNVPN Member

@neroux said:

Basically he has had some VPSs and knows how to use wget and yum so now assumes he is ready to start a VPS business.

I'm a hardcore gamer and had been hosting game servers casually for years. However when I started doing it as a business I still had to research loads and even now I'm still learning new things.