Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for yearly pricing on a VPS in Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for yearly pricing on a VPS in Canada

Canada geo-located IP

OpenVz or KVM - doesn't matter

1 ipv4 doesn't have to anything fancy

128mb or less ram and 1GB HDD space non-raid whatever.

100-250GB BW/month

Looking for "yearly" pricing! Thanks!

Comments

• Contact @MCHPhil www.mycustomhosting.net

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • BellaBella Member

Yep I've been with MCH for the past few months, solid service.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • 54 days of uptime on my MCH node (longer but I upgraded the kernel). 100% uptime recorded by UptimeRobot during the time.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • SmbatSmbat Member
    edited June 2014

@K2Bytes said:
    Contact MCHPhil www.mycustomhosting.net

+1 @MCHPhil

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited June 2014

MCHPhil can be extremely rude and immature, but from my understanding, his service is decent (borderline awful).

• Karl_SteinKarl_Stein Member
    edited June 2014
  • Maybe @Sander from BeastVM can do something for you. They have servers in Canada.

• earlearl Member

Never used Provisionhost, but the offer looks pretty tempting.. from the test IP it seem to locate to Toronto at peer 1, I'm in the GTA and ping gives me about 42ms..

I recall there was a big thread about them, something about change of ownership so it's well to do your research, or maybe someone who has service with them can comment..

http://lowendbox.com/blog/provisionhost-13-33-year-128mb-openvz-in-dallas-texas-toronto-canada/

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

There are a few different hosts in Canada, a few that come to mind are:

LFCHosting (Xen)

BeastVM (OpenVZ)

MyCustomHosting (KVM)

I can recommend LFCHosting and MCH.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • I'd also recommend MyCustomHosting in Montreal. There is also LunaNode in Toronto offering KVM.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • earl said: Never used Provisionhost, but the offer looks pretty tempting

I had a 128MB with them since Jan 2013. Overall it's been excellent. There was an issue 2 or 3 months back that took it offline for an hour or so, that's about it.

[root@to:~] uptime
     08:24:52 up 131 days, 22:13,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

[root@to:~] ./ioping -c5 .
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/xxxx): request=1 time=0.5 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/xxxx): request=2 time=0.6 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/xxxx): request=3 time=0.6 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/xxxx): request=4 time=0.5 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/xxxx): request=5 time=0.5 ms

--- . (simfs /vz/private/2647) ioping statistics ---
    5 requests completed in 4003.2 ms, 1838 iops, 7.2 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.5/0.5/0.6/0.0 ms

It looks like an idle VPS :) but actually It's in regular use for mail and dns.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @sleddog said:
    It looks like an idle VPS :) but actually It's in regular use for mail and dns.

Mine is about the same:

uptime
     08:44:04 up 124 days, 16:37,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I think as long as you don't need to contact them via tickets it is fine.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@earl said:
    Never used Provisionhost, but the offer looks pretty tempting.. from the test IP it seem to locate to Toronto at peer 1, I'm in the GTA and ping gives me about 42ms..

Yes it's PEER1 in Toronto. I have a yearly there, the service is very good. They had 1 outage but communication with customers was amazing and they credited customers on request.

13:28:22 up 115 days

Thanked by 1earl
  • I went with a yearly with @MCHPhil. The service from Phil has been great!! I don't see why everyone thinks he's terrible.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Toadyus said: I don't see why everyone thinks he's terrible.

You can't have read any go the threads here then. It's pretty obvious why some people have an issue with him.

• I don't think anyone has had a problem with Phil's service, by all accounts it's great. People are just scared of contacting MCH should something go wrong.

I'll say what I always say, if it's for personal use then MCH seem pretty good. Make your own mind up about them though based on research if you're going to be putting something important or clients data with them though.

• SunnSunn Member

OVH is best for this.

• Would something right outside of Canada work? Say NYC, or MI?

• ShivamShivam Member

OpenVz or KVM - doesn't matter
    1 ipv4 doesn't have to anything fancy
    128mb or less ram and 1GB HDD space non-raid whatever.
    100-250GB BW/month

KVM ->

1 IPV4 ,
    128 mb ,
    5 GB HHD
    150 GB BW / Month

$13.50 / Year

Montreal, Canada

• @Shivam said:

Your signature is breaking the rules, it can only be 2 lines.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited June 2014

@Nekki said:
    You can't have read any go the threads here then. It's pretty obvious why some people have an issue with him.

Phil does have an issue with PR & how to represent hIs company publicly(It is due to the fact that he is blunt & not diplomatic) but whoever says he does not provide a good product is lying.I would suggest him to ask someone else from his company to do PR & public representation so all these misconceptions about his company fade away.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

One man business :P Sorry. I am trying on the PR part. It is not my forte though. As you may notice/d.

I want to thank everyone for their support in this thread!

• I'd recommend IronCladServers whom have servers based in Fredericton New Brunswick, but their IPs I believe currently geolocate to somewhere in the USA (Source: I own a server with them)

Also, I would check out this company:
    http://vanvps.com/

They're based in Vancouver, British Columbia.

• itgodsitgods Member

@Falco33 said:
    Maybe Sander from BeastVM can do something for you. They have servers in Canada.

@matthewvz said:
    There are a few different hosts in Canada, a few that come to mind are:

BeastVM (OpenVZ)

Dear customer,

Due to some personal reasons & situations beyond our control we will not be able to continue providing services to you from 5th of June, 2014. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Pro rata refunds will be issued to all cients who have 15 days or more service left with us.
    A full refund will be issued to those who have paid in last 5 days. Again we aplogize for this but the reasons due to which we are closing are beyond our control. I hope you will understand & cooperate.

Regards,

The BeastVM Team.

This mail has been sent to customers at 31/05/2014.

Website updated at 6th of June, 2014.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

OVH or Vexxhost best for this location

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Can only recommend mch, tor exit node runs great. I would put all my production services over and Phil is always helpful if any problems appear, especially if they are caused by him.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @tr1cky what exit policy are you running on that exit node @ MCH? Just curious

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

tr1cky said: tor exit node runs great

I don't think OVH would be happy about this.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

@Nyr said:
    I don't think OVH would be happy about this.

I have a great rapport with OVH. I just double checked their Terms of Service and it says nothing concerning tor or proxies. If you can point me to documentation stating otherwise I would be grateful.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

MCHPhil said: I have a great rapport with OVH. I just double checked their Terms of Service and it says nothing concerning tor or proxies. If you can point me to documentation stating otherwise I would be grateful.

Haven't read the ToS of OVH.com but they did have very bad experiences in the past (servers confiscated due to some carders) and they totally banned Tor in France years ago, at least for some time even non-exit relays were forbidden.

Don't really remember the specifics but that's the case and I am 100 % sure they suspended servers in the past. They did suspend and set the servers on recovery or whatever they call that.