Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cancelled my server and disputed the transaction because it was terminated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I cancelled my server and disputed the transaction because it was terminated

ub3rstarub3rstar Member
edited June 2014 in Reviews

I ordered a VPS from MyCustomHosting (MCH) several months ago and had no problems with it. So, I decided to order another VPS from MCH. I got the VPS and had nothing but problems getting the internet to work. I sent in several tickets and not one was responded to. I got fed up and sent a cancellation request to get a refund. He said that I am not eligible for my refund so I didn't get it. The other day I went to login to my server and it wouldn't let me. So, I logged into MyCustomHosting's SolusVM and didn't see my server listed there. I logged into the client area and checked under services to find out that the server was cancelled. I contacted Phil at MCH and he replied saying:

LOL you submitted, immediate, cancellation requests for BOTH VM's. WTF what kind of quick one are you attempting to pull here?

Which is not true, I submitted a cancellation request for one VPS, not two. He also sent another email saying that cancellations are done automatically and I am the reason it was terminated, not him (even though all he has to do is to go into WHMCS and cancel the cancellation request).

Realizing that he wasn't going to give me my server back nor my money, I filed a dispute with a PayPal and told them that not only did he not honor my refund but he also didn't give me my server. Then he finds out about the dispute and emails me saying:

You just committed fraud FYI. I don't deal with scammers and fraudulent people. So yes, your entire account is terminated. I will now deal with paypal directly for this matter.

So I committed fraud by trying to get my money back because he wouldn't give it to me or what I paid him for? And because of me trying to get my money back my other server gets disconnected too? I guess I am the problem here?

Just a minute after he sent the email calling me a fraudster, I received a phone call from a unknown number (which I ignored). I suspect he was going to be an even more of a bully and phone me to yell at me and call me names.

I should also note that I contacted PayPal about his threatening emails and being a bully and they are probably going to be closing down his PayPal account because of his previous bad business practices.

Comments

• Thanks for the info. now i know to avoid MyCustomHosting

• There are similar stories going back months. It'd seem an appreciable amount of MyCustomHosting's turnover is generated this way.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yeah, better stay away from them. VM's also broke on reboot so useless.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Some of this can be explained by . . . the TOS. It sounds like some of this could have been handled better, but I also don't know the other side of the story.

• So, your account at WHT is CBH?

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • SunnSunn Member

Woah! The language..

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • There is no evidence here. I also see some assumptions and possible paranoia.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

http://imgur.com/f70T0xz

FYI, paypal is not going to do anything.

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2014

@MCHPhil

what < a nice person > you are. posting private customer information online.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil deptadapt
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

@TarZZ92 said:
    MCHPhil

what < a nice person > you are. posting private customer information online.

What private information did I not blank out? If I missed anything identifying let me know and it will be corrected. That was a lot of BS to have to post so I may have missed something.

@mpkossen, sorry to bother you sir, can you look at this please.

• MCHPhil said: What private information did I not blank out?

HIS IP ADDRESS

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

LOL OMG IT'S CAPS TIME OMG his dynamic IP address?

His dynamic IP was removed, thanks for the information. Any hosts interested he has been added to fraud record so hopefully you will not have to deal with this also.

• MCHPhil said: LOL OMG IT'S CAPS TIME OMG his dynamic IP address?

Grow up. who cares if its dynamic or static its still personal information. (ip's don't change every minute)

the attitude you have presented proves you are probably guilty. act professional not like a child.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@MCHPhil said:

Some ISP's rarely assign new IP's, it can take more than 2-3 months for my own dynamic IP to be reset, what if this is the case with ub3rstar aswel and he gets a random DoS attack from LET because you posted his private IP?

Thanked by 3deptadapt 0xdragon khav
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

Why protect someone who commits fraud at all?

Answer that one :D

• MCH is ALMOST as bad as greenvalueshit. keep it up phil

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@MCHPhil said:

Answer that one :D

I dont care who is right but aren't there any standards?

Thanked by 2deptadapt 0xdragon

Someone told me last time, when an reseller is threating the costumers for example just contact ovh and they will act against it.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil 0xdragon
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

Not with fraud. That costs me money. Fraudsters can die for all I care.

In the real world, fraud == prison. Any host will agree with this.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

@Infinity580 said:
    Someone told me last time, when an reseller is threating the costumers for example just contact ovh and they will act against it.

Please contact OVH. What a joke. Where did I threaten this fraudster? Please show me. So I won't do that again.

At the end of the day, he committed fraud, after cancelling two services and then blaming it on me. Now is trying to talk about my business here to hurt me. Sorry if you don't look at the proof, it's in the image. He's lying trying to get you all stirred up and it worked :D

• the only fraud here is what you have committed ole' philly-boy

• HOW?!?!?!?! LMFAO

Thanked by 1darkshire
    edited June 2014

@MCHPhil let me guess you are acquired with GVH, because you talking like a 17 Year old little boy who is on range. Calm down, thats just hurting your image again.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2014

I'm happy as a clam, literally laughing my ass off at this hilarity. I don't know what to think of this.

None of you can actually answer any question with any proof other than it's how I say...

So yes, I'm the bully. Of course. Because bullies talk crap with no evidence. That is clearly what I have done here. Bullies call others names and try to put them down, for whatever little reason their minds can come up with. I've not done that here. Others though... Hmm.

• namhuynamhuy Member

MCHPhil said: Change my business model to suit clowns like this, no thank you. I'll go elsewhere and continue things. This place is a joke if admins actively allow this kind of stupidity to continue. Bottom line. Argue all you want. There will be no apology here. Fuck off LEBullshit. Construe my words any which way you want, just shows more BS from this place. Proves my point.

You see nothing wrong with the way this was handled by these "great" customers? Sorry your delusional. Not one ounce of respect was received by these "great" people, so not one ounce was returned. You'll meet low lifes like this all throughout life and the way you handle them makes all the difference. I don't bow down and will actively tell them to fuck off. Go bow down to your masters here. I'll take my business and dignity elsewhere.

I thought you will take your business and dignity elsewhere?

• @MCHPhil said:
    HOW?!?!?!?! LMFAO

canceled paid service that was not requested, did not offer a refund in whole, or prorated.
    you are the fraudster as you have gained in this situation; until you refund him in full or prorated, you will remain so.

• How old is this phil kid? He acts like an immature pre-teen (both here and in those screenshots). Thanks for posting about this crap host, I'll be sure to avoid it.

• GunterGunter Member

Fuck off Phil.

• @MCHPhil said:

It looks like the OP didn't read the TOS and is confused, but I'm not sure what "fraud" has been committed?

Thanked by 1c0y
This discussion has been closed.