Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

could you recommend some cloud vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

could you recommend some cloud vps?

hi,so far as i know,digitalocean and vultr provide cloud vps service,and the vps is pretty stable,could you recommend some others that you used ?thanks

Comments

• wable

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Do you want real Cloud or Fake cloud?

Go with wable or iwstack.

• wychwych Member

With failover, none of the above.

Wable seems to be good as @serverian said.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited May 2014

Iwstack

Cloudive

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • wlcy001wlcy001 Member

@Infinity580 said:
    Do you want real Cloud or Fake cloud?
    > Go with wable or iwstack.

what is fake cloud?

Like DigitalOcean, no cluster so if the node fails where your vps is on its down.

• wlcy001wlcy001 Member

@Infinity580 said:
    Like DigitalOcean, no cluster so if the node fails where your vps is on its down.

you mean digitalocean is fake cloud vps provider?

• wychwych Member

@wlcy001 said:
    you mean digitalocean is fake cloud vps provider?

yes, it offers no high availability failover.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

As i read here yes.

• neqsteneqste Member

iwstack.com

vultr.com

both - solid.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The definition seems to vary, some people think a cloud must have fail-over, i.e, be self-healing and offer at least a bit of redundancy, such as N+1, N+2, others believe it is enough to be scalable when the customer needs it without host intervention and have a pay as you go model. Even the latter 2 points have variations, such as scalable as in scalable instance without powerdown or even automatic if certain parameters are met, while some people think it is enough to be able to spin up instances as needed from templates or manually, pay as you go can also mean prepaid hourly or prepaid monthly, some lower the cost when the instances are powered down, others dont, etc.
    The cloud definition is somewhat cloudy.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • cloud ~ pay per hour :)

• praveenpraveen Member

no doubt iwstack ..

i have with vultr and digitalocen as well both going good.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • forthcloudforthcloud Member
    edited May 2014

This is a good definition of a cloud: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrastructure_as_a_service#Infrastructure_as_a_service_.28IaaS.29

But as @Maounique said, some people think the "cloud" is simply the simplicity/flexibility to create an instance. For example, DO and Vultr all call them "cloud" providers as they offer hourly billing (and some other tweaks), however apart from this they are just regular VPS providers with no fail-over or HA.

• mov3mov3 Member

If you want to get the real cloud at low end price, I recommend iwstack and domflow.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • joereidjoereid Member

I'm using swiftwaycloud.net, been great so far.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

if you mean by cloud high availability (failover) all our cloud offers have that.

we use xenserver pools that are connected to SAN storage

the High availability can be purchased as addon to any vps
    and these offer already include it with daily backup
    https://servarica.com/special_offers/special-cloud-linux-vps/

Thanks

• It depends on the requirements, Also please mention whats specifications are needed and any budget is in your mind? You can build your own Cloud with specific web hosting company

• I have worked with Atlantic.net in the past and they are pretty great. You should check them out.

• JiffyBox by domainFactory if you are looking for a Xen-PV cloud solution in Germany/EU.

http://www.df.eu/de/cloud-hosting/cloud-server/

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: hi,so far as i know,digitalocean and vultr provide cloud vps service,and the vps is pretty stable,could you recommend some others that you used ?

Amazon AWS.

Microsoft Azure.

Google Compute.

• Linode's new pay per hour plans if you have anything mission critical.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited May 2014

The real cloud, well for providers at least, is a redundant fail-over system and multi-distribution network at which data is distributed over multiple nodes. These nodes can be clustered, or distributed around in multiple locations (more advance form of cloud, which requires heavy bandwidth and security measures). When a server fails, or suddenly goes offline, generally, and immediately, the second server, or cluster will detect this and start a new session, generally with the same IP and all-in-all same settings.

The fake cloud is a marketing gimmick used to interest people into using their one-node service. It's not bad to do so, but isn't really a "cloud server".

EDIT: So no, DigitalOcean is not a real cloud provider, I hate to say.

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

eddynetweb said: and immediately

It depends what you mean by that. There is a timeout setting which is usually 1 minute or so, then the VM must have time to boot up on another node, some fsck might be needed, it might take a few minutes, but it is self-healing. Provided the VM is OK, no ISO is still mounted and set to boot from, things like those.

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • Why go for fake cloud like DO or Vultr when you have iwStack- The real cloud at affordable prices?

• @eddynetweb said:
    The real cloud, well for providers at least, is a redundant fail-over system and multi-distribution network at which data is distributed over multiple nodes. These nodes can be clustered, or distributed around in multiple locations (more advance form of cloud, which requires heavy bandwidth and security measures). When a server fails, or suddenly goes offline, generally, and immediately, the second server, or cluster will detect this and start a new session, generally with the same IP and all-in-all same settings.

The fake cloud is a marketing gimmick used to interest people into using their one-node service. It's not bad to do so, but isn't really a "cloud server".

EDIT: So no, DigitalOcean is not a real cloud provider, I hate to say.

Unfortunately for many people a vps which comes with free credits is cloud :p

• my kite flying trough the cloud