Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Share your experience of MySQL within VestaCP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Share your experience of MySQL within VestaCP

VMVPSVMVPS Member

Very recently, I moved my blog from LNMP to VestaCP. But I just found that MySQL seems to be shut down accidently for times. Although there do exist some attacks to my site, I never found that MySQL can be so vulnerable (not meaning products' bugs). In the past, I always suffered from 502 bad instead....

Do you guys have similar exprience? Or any suggestions?

Environment:
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
VestaCP (Latest Version)
512MB RAM
Blog platform: Wordpress

Comments

• Did you check the graphs? Maybe you are running out of memory

• VMVPSVMVPS Member

@PremiumN said:
    Did you check the graphs? Maybe you are running out of memory

Yes, the problem is led by memory shortage. But I really expect more since I have better performance with a even smaller box. :(

• wychwych Member

Tune MySQL?

No InnoDB etc.

• bizzardbizzard Member

Have one VPS with VestaCP for testing, before I start using it in production. The first thing I did was to replace MySQL with MariaDB. With a 512MB OpenVZ VPS to serve 3 sites with moderate traffic wordpress sites, things are running fine for the last two weeks.

• Vestacp consumes most of the ram.

• Gonna need some evidence for that @PremiumN, I think vesta is pretty light.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    Gonna need some evidence for that PremiumN, I think vesta is pretty light.

You cant install it on a 256mb ram vps. Mysql wont start. Works fine on a 512mb though.

• I have installed it on a 256mb box. That's more than likely down to the config it ships with than a technical limitation though.

I would not recommend running a control panel on under 512MB anyway personally.

Thanked by 1PremiumN
  • I'm using vestacp on xvmlabs to host a demo site, seems no problem until now.

• RalliasRallias Member

PremiumN said: You cant install it on a 256mb ram vps. Mysql wont start. Works fine on a 512mb though.

Oh, it'll start. I've done it. Granted, shit kept crashing because I tried to run a couple other things so I upgraded to 1024MB, but that's besides the point.

• cassacassa Member

I've had this too, a reinstall of mysql-server fixed it

• VMVPSVMVPS Member

@wych @cassa

I have disabled innodb. But the ram still seems to be .... but It runs now, and I will have a look at this solution.