Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new author for LowEndBox offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a new author for LowEndBox offers

mpkossenmpkossen Member
edited May 2014 in Announcements

Submissions are now closed!

I'm looking for someone who can assist me in writing offers for LowEndBox.com, primarily to decrease my workload. This will be a paid position where you get paid per article you write. The amount is negatioable depending on your availability and the number of articles you write.

I'm looking for someone that:

• writes proper English, preferably a native speaker
  • has time to write 5 to 7 articles each month
  • is available for occasional contact, preferably via Skype chat; we need to be able to consult each other in case it's necessary

Please send your applications as a PM to me (@mpkossen).

I'm aiming to pick two or three people out for a trial, depending on the number of responses. Those people will be provided with two tickets. Your objective will be to write two offers. I will pick the person who writes the best offers. In case you are picked, the trial offers will be published and paid. The one that is eventually selected will have his/her first month as a probationary period after which we will evaluate to see if everything works out well from both sides.

A couple of other things:

• There is no age limit, though a bit of life experience works in your favor
  • Payments will be done via PayPal
  • Chat availability means: you are invited to a Skype group for the content writers where we chat about anything, really, but mainly about offers, etc. You don't have to sit on Skype all day or tell us when you go out for grocery shopping.

Applications will be accepted up to May 22nd, 12:00 (noon) UTC.

Submissions are now closed!

Thanked by 2sz1hosting shovenose

Comments

• Whoops, commenting wasn't enabled here. It is now, so feel free to also ask questions here!

• I'm tempted to write for LEB, but I'm in the sin-bin. Oh well.

• I'm having our content writer send in an application for this, seems like a good position honestly. You should get a PM from us in the next few days from her.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Thank you for all responses so far! I am going to respond to each and every one of you over the weekend.

• wychwych Member

@0xdragon said:
    I'm tempted to write for LEB, but I'm in the sin-bin. Oh well.

Don't let the sin bin hold you back ;)

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • VPNVPN Member

I applied but I still feel like an unknown entity around these parts.
    Changing my username didn't help either lol.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Zen said:
    Don't you just copy paste a template and fill in the blanks? Are you looking to have the offers uniquely written now or?

That was Zahra (Joel's assistant) and you know how shit those offers were. Until you actually do it, it seems like a trivial task but it takes time and is not as simple as copy and pasting especially if you want to do it right.

Thanked by 2mpkossen mikho

@Jack said:
    What's so bad about it mate?

Putting words into my mouth, and you're not my mate. ;)

• For a post for a provider that has already been featured I do use the old post as a base. It saves some time on formatting, adding links, etc. Other than that you do actually need to write something. It's certainly not trivial.

• SpiritSpirit Member

From a reader's perspective it's for me always more interesting to read real host introduction (with some digging other people's experience with host you feature, etc) instead of just canned form listing.

• wychwych Member

@Spirit said:
    From a reader's perspective it's for me always more interesting to read real host introduction (with some digging other people's experience with host you feature, etc) instead of just canned form listing.

I agree.

• i'll write for free, as I need to practice my abilities.

I'm a great writer with some tangable skills. ;P

@Zen said:
    Am I your mate, mate? So re: LEB author - would by main occupation be a problem?

Yeah, everyone but Jack. <3

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited May 2014

@Zen said:
    tangible*

:O

My mistake, as my English is good, spelling may vary.

• @Zen said:
    Am I your mate, mate? So re: LEB author - would by main occupation be a problem?

You mean working for Nodisto? No, not necessarily.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

mpkossen said: No, not necessarily.

Cool. Someone working for someone else than cc brands/affiliates is good for politics IMO. Non-affiliates will probably be dismissed as mercenaries and stuff. But wont be posting offers from own company, though, same, cc personnel should not write for cc brands and affiliates.

Thanked by 2enitan092 Infinity
  • sleddogsleddog Member

This is something I'd be interested in, but I don't think time permits.

Hope you find some good new writers and I look forward to seeing the result.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @mpkossen said:

Right, had ours send you something.

• I've responded to all applications to let you know I've read them. If you sent in an application and did not receive a response, let me know (either here or via PM).

• why dont you let CVPSChris write ?

• @darkshire said:
    why dont you let CVPSChris write ?

He is free to apply like anybody else.

• gtraxgtrax Member

Are the applications for this still open mpkossen? Just came back from holidays, missed a couple of good offers as well on LEB :P

• @gtrax said:
    Are the applications for this still open mpkossen? Just came back from holidays, missed a couple of good offers as well on LEB :P

Yes, they are. Until May 22nd.

• Thank you for all your applications. Submissions are now closed.

All applicants will hear from me either today or tomorrow. There's over 30, so please allow me a little time to make my decisions and respond.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited May 2014

Everybody has been responded to; those that did get a trial and those that don't. Five people were given a trial, the other 27 were not.

• Just a short update: trials will be sent out tomorrow to those selected.

This discussion has been closed.