Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEnd Co-Location around Boston area? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEnd Co-Location around Boston area?

2»

Comments

• @wych said:
    $7 as were on LET.

I can give the first 2 letters for that money.

• wychwych Member

@serverian said:

lo.com ?

sure ;)

• earlearl Member

@wych said:
    lo.com

Looks like the better deal! Pay for it now before he changes his mind :)

• @wych said:
    sure ;)

Just lo

• A) The leasing company was found to be in violation by stealing those servers from VD without authorization, trespassing on property, etcetera. You can find all the court information online in the Justia listing; it's actually quite a good read.

B) Yeah, and ColoCrossing's better on abuse and blacklists?

C) I've never experienced this with my box with them. There are small portions of time [pingplotter] that show up to 5% packet loss, but I'd suspect those as during DDoS [ as other things show clear signs at about the same time. ]

D) See above. You can also negotiate a 1Gbps drop, and you get more from VD than you do from a "Premium" / "Enterprise" provider as reliable uplink, it's rather sad really. SingleHOP for example, we could only get about 400Mbps on our 2Gbps boxes [ when testing against a 10Gbps box in FDC. ]

@fizzyjoe908 said:
    The OP said a tower server. Even if VolumeDrive was reputable, rackmount colocation doesn't work for this. The form factor of the tower may drive up costs a bit as well.

A tower is generally considered 4U due to the absolutely terrible power usage of a desktop [on average]. Of course, computers have come a long way, but most desktops people try and shove in DCs are older-generation and thus rape power.

VD does tower colo.

• @serverian said:
    Just lo

How about USD$100 ?

• @GoodHosting said:
    How about USD$100 ?

Show me the money