Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Idea: tunnled ipv4 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Idea: tunnled ipv4

2»

Comments

• MatthewMMatthewM Member
    edited May 2014

@earl said:
    I think it would make a good business.. VPS's sell like hot cakes, if you can offer an add-on to a saturated market where everyone has the potential to use your service then technically it should do well, considering there is no competition.. you are also promoting an easier transition to ipv6 so people would be more incline to try it out, cause currently v6 only vps is somewhat limited in use.

Granted tunneling from the US to the UE is probably not a good idea so you should offer different locations.

It's ware the ips are cheapest.

• wychwych Member

@mtwiscool said:
    It's ware the ips are cheapest.

@Infinity said:
    IP's in the US aren't going to be cheap for long, once it's all gone you really think the providers that horded the IP's won't jack the prices up?

• @wych said:

IP's in the US aren't going to be cheap for long, once it's all gone you really think the providers that horded the IP's won't jack the prices up?

they will still be cheapest then ripe.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Would this IP routing be part of your globe-spanning, poverty-eliminating wifi network plan?

I still don't see the SSID here...

• @raindog308 said:
    Would this IP routing be part of your globe-spanning, poverty-eliminating wifi network plan?

I still don't see the SSID here...

The WIFI project is waiting for building list for wireless telecoms use.

• earlearl Member

Within reason it don't matter what the IP's cost you.. it will ultimately get passed down to your consumer, so they end up paying for it.. if the price of IP's rise then everyone will raise their IP prices as well so technically you would still be competitive..

With such a huge market and very little competition it should do well..

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited May 2014

@mtwiscool said:
    Servers in the EU are cheaper then the US but ip's are more costly so what is the solution?

USA bandwidth, Servers and IPs are cheaper then the EU in general, EU is more expensive due to the tax, currency and the fact its more costly within the EU in general, Although you can get cheap places in the EU and USA with many budget providers appearing the US will still be the cheaper option.

• USA bandwidth, Servers and IPs are cheaper then the EU in general

The first one is nothing but total bullshit. EU = 90% traffic peered off at public IXPs.

US, yeah, good luck.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited May 2014

@Wintereise said:
    US, yeah, good luck.

Go find me some volumedrive, or dacentec prices within the EU ? As I don't think I have ever seen a dedi for 14.55EUR in the EU accept Kimsufi, But the more desired places NL, Sweden, Germany etc prices aren't as low as within the US.

• France is cheap

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited May 2014

@mtwiscool said:
    France is cheap

Yeah i think OVH/Kimsurfi prices broke the French hosting market. Although personally I would go else where in France for better support.

• IPv4 tunneling service is a very good idea. I have been thinking about it for awhile.

• @MonsteR said:
    Go find me some volumedrive, or dacentec prices within the EU ? As I don't think I have ever seen a dedi for 14.55EUR in the EU accept Kimsufi, But the more desired places NL, Sweden, Germany etc prices aren't as low as within the US.

what is wrong with ovh?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member

@mtwiscool said:
    what is wrong with ovh?

The support? Hents why i wouldn't mind paying another french provider more.

• @MonsteR said:

But is support worth paying 2x as much.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member

@mtwiscool said:
    But is support worth paying 2x as much.

Yup, Wasted 1 month with their support screwing me around(As it was an issue with their cloud) and lost out of the service i paid for, Therefore its worth paying more, to get the service you pay for? Well this is my opinion anyway and this thread isn't about ovh.

• @MonsteR said:
    Yup, Wasted 1 month with their support screwing me around(As it was an issue with their cloud) and lost out of the service i paid for, Therefore its worth paying more, to get the service you pay for? Well this is my opinion anyway and this thread isn't about ovh.

I never had issues with ovh and they prices undercut almost everyone.

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited May 2014

Uhh, what?

If you have a need for 'good support' on what are essentially trash dedis, you have another thing coming for you, really.

VD support is atrocious, Dacentec is really the only one that's even remotely better than the bunch. However, exceptions do not change stereotypes.

EU is simple,

Rent IP space from some romanian company for essentially nothing, announce with a provider like Leaseweb who are cheap as hell to deal with in their volume network and you're pretty much done.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Zen