Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need A VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need A VPS

2»

Comments

• @AThomasHowe said:
    Yeah that was my suggestion, get a decent shared reseller for your clients then host your personal stuff on a VPS. You should be able to get a VPS and a shared reseller with a good provider within or just over your budget.

thank you for the suggestion...

i have been with a shared reseller before and here are the issues i ran into with them:

ip blacklisted.

sudden low connection time

and in some case where the whole box hosting me and God knows list of resellers goes off due to resources and solus had to shut it down ...

and there comes the waiting for the admin to do something about it.

• That can happen with a bad VPS host too which is why I think you should pay a little extra to go with a respected reseller provider when it's your clients sites at risk. At least with your sites when it messes up you only have you to answer to, in a managed environment you have someone to shout at as soon as stuff goes wrong and won't be told to get googling and fix it yourself.

Up to you in the end. that's my opinion though.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

enitan092 said: ip blacklisted.

sudden low connection time

and in some case where the whole box hosting me and God knows list of resellers goes off due to resources and solus had to shut it down ...

and there comes the waiting for the admin to do something about it.

You're going to love a lowend VPS because those sorts of problems never ever happen.

Thanked by 1Scion
  • @raindog308 said:
    You're going to love a lowend VPS because those sorts of problems never ever happen.

it happens on low end vps ..

but as long as am not breaking any tos...

i should be fine...

• also have got some decent offer above 17usd through pm and i like them

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@enitan092 said:
    also have got some decent offer above 17usd through pm and i like them

Going to reveal who?

• @Nekki said:
    Going to reveal who?

Quadcone

• Nothing personal against Quadcone but you'd think after being burnt by Dedicated Minds you'd want to go with a more well-known and established provider.

Different strokes for different folks I guess..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@enitan092 said:
    Quadcone

Never heard of 'em. Hope you did your homework on them.

• @Nekki said:

they have been online for two years now.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

jaguarpc does decent reseller hosting. it's what i started out with. and you could ask their support what php version they are running...

• earlearl Member

@shovenose said:
    jaguarpc does decent reseller hosting. it's what i started out with. and you could ask their support what php version they are running...

Jaguarpc is horrible!

edited May 2014

@earl said:

Their support isn't great but their servers are reasonably maintained. And I meant their reseller hosting not their VPS - yeah, I've never seen anybody be happy with their VPS.

• earlearl Member

@shovenose said:
    Their support isn't great but their servers are reasonably maintained. And I meant their reseller hosting not their VPS - yeah, I've never seen anybody be happy with their VPS.

Nope! it's their reseller, it's horrible! never used their support so I can't comment.

@earl said:

Whatever, when I used the service, it was for for what it was, and Greg Landis personally attended to some problems I had in a prompt and professional manner.

I'm not forcing you to use it :)

• earlearl Member

shovenose said: Whatever, when I used the service, it was for for what it was, and Greg Landis personally attended to some problems I had in a prompt and professional manner.

Hey, I'm just putting it out there.. I never had Greg Landis attend to my personal needs so maybe my experience with Jagurapc may be different than yours.. All I know is my reseller with Jaguarpc was not what I recalled OK!

edited May 2014

Which server were you on? I had about four different reseller accounts across four different servers, at the same time, and "Demetrius" was by far the worst. The other three were fine.