Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS V5.3.7 Released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS V5.3.7 Released

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
edited May 2014 in General

We are pleased to announce the release of WHMCS 5.3.7.

This is a maintenance release addressing over 100 cases. A full list of changes can be viewed in the changelog.

As usual, we are making available both a full release (which can be used to perform a new install or update an existing installation regardless of previous version) and an incremental version (which can be used to upgrade for anybody running V5.3.6). Both of these are available from the downloads page below. For more information please visit our Release Typesdocumentation.

We always strive to keep required template changes to a minimum but this update has touched a larger number of template files than usual. However, several of these changes relate to optional functionality within WHMCS, so they may not be required for your use of WHMCS or custom template. Please review the template changes section of the release notes for a detailed list of changes, and to determine if you need to apply them to your custom themes.

Posted by Matt on Tuesday, May 13th, 2014

Source: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=89010

Thanked by 1sz1hosting

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

I've read the template changelog and didn't find anything important changed, you can keep the old templates if you want.

• VPNVPN Member

Yeah looks like its just additional JS for some password strength stuff or something.

• How many of you are still stuck with 5.2.17 like me?

• wychwych Member

@stallion said:
    How many of you are still stuck with 5.2.17 like me?

How come?

• Anyone installed ?

• Installed, no problems detected

• installed ... no problems yet ... :)

• smansman Member
    edited May 2014

I usually wait a week or two unless it's a security fix. This one has a lot of changes.

• BellaBella Member

Installed it.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@sman said:
    I usually wait a week or two unless it's a security fix. This one has a lot of changes.

Same here. Major feature releases are typically followed up with bug fix releases -- no sense in applying the update until the first round of bugs has been reported and resolved.

• Upgrade was piece of cake. I used softaculous to install whmcs so it was easy. I upgraded with a couple of clicks. :D

• wychwych Member

Upgrade was a breeze for me. No template changes needed.

• @BrianHarrison said:
    Same here. Major feature releases are typically followed up with bug fix releases -- no sense in applying the update until the first round of bugs has been reported and resolved.

This isn't a feature release, it's a huge bugfix release.