Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSDime expands to the UK. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSDime expands to the UK.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Infinity580 said:
    Down :)

Why the happy face LOL ?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Nope, i mixed simlies up :-!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AlexanderM said:
    Why the happy face LOL ?

He's the culprit?

• So, in the last month these companies posted offers and none of them got DDoS'd:

DireVPS, NECS, Fortcloud, HTTP Zoom.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@serverian said:
    So, in the last month these companies posted offers and none of them got DDoS'd:

DireVPS, NECS, Fortcloud, HTTP Zoom.

This sounds like a fun game.

• @Virtovo said:
    This sounds like a fun game.

I know @sean from DireVPS personally and he's a good friend of mine. So I know he wouldn't do it.

NECs is a sizable company which I don't think they'd care for low end clients.

Forthcloud is not really a competition since they sell Virtuozzo Cloud and this was happening since last year when they were not around.

HTTP Zoom never went down and they kept posting offers. The attacks at DotVPS stopped when they announced they'll purchase DotVPS and they are a direct competitor.

What would you think?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Oh no he didn't!

• trexostrexos Member

@serverian said:
    What would you think?

Httpzoom bought dotvps? Dont get it

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@trexos said:

In reading, it would appear they announced buying it then pulled out.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@serverian said:
    What would you think?

You've just solved the UK DDOS mystery?

Thanked by 2netomx Noerman
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@trexos said:

They nearly did, deal didn't go through. I think @Jack pulled the plug because he felt things weren't looking good for his customers.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • trexostrexos Member

Ah so they planned buying it, DDoS stopped and then it was bought by Serverian? Did the DDoS start again then?

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@trexos said:
    Ah so they planned buying it, DDoS stopped and then it was bought by Serverian? Did the DDoS start again then?

This was long before Nodisto acquired it. It seems a lot of hosts had to leave UK because of the DDOS.

• trexostrexos Member

I see, thanks :)

• blackblack Member

So... that means you're selling vpsdime right?

• @Virtovo said:
    Not impossible: http://chunkychips.net/ ;)

Do any hosts use NGD in Wales? I'd never heard of it until yesterday but it's the biggest DC in Europe

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I was suspecting about HTTP Zoom for many months too. Not any solid proof from me, but that's it.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2014

any 128/256/512 plans available?

• trexostrexos Member

@Nyr said:
    I was suspecting about HTTP Zoom for many months too. Not any solid proof from me, but that's it.

Why is that? I don't know that much about this history, but I think it's quite a allegation.

• PatrickPatrick Member

Sad to see this is still going on and some UK competitor is clearly feeling the heat.

One of the hosts mentioned does indeed look suspicious but once again no hard proof and I don't think their ever will be, from what I was told by Jack their was also someone who was trying to http flood DotVPS the other day from their own UK home IP so hopefully they cock up and do another mistake and their true colours are shown soon enough

• @Nyr said:

I thought the UK regime would blame it on Al-Qaida (or more accurately Al-CIAda),

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

trexos said: Why is that? I don't know that much about this history, but I think it's quite a allegation.

As I said, I don't have solid proof. Thankfully, I am not a provider and I can say what I personally believe even without this proof which like you know it's very difficult to obtain in situations like this.

I was simply suspecting about them for many months already. Oh, and they never had the DDoS problems even when they were one of the only "big guys" in the low end market for the UK.

Most of the competition did have big problems, many of them on the same datacenter. They had none during all this time. Each one can draw its own conclusions.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @Jack said:
    Looks nice.

Yeah, and the DC looks good too :P

I just saw it yesterday. I thought since it's outside of London, and uses cheap/green energy prices shouldn't be too bad.

• trexostrexos Member

@Nyr thanks I see :)

• @serverian - any 128/256/512 plans on your UK location.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

Getting scared means you have accepted defeat . There is some LET/LEB host trying to make other life miserable but just put some ddos protection and report those ips from which you are getting ddosed.other companies still should expand how many companies will he ddos it will have to stop we need someone with good investigative skills to catch the host which is doing it and ban them from LET.

• i blame prince(ess) hairy, also jack.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

instatech said: and report those ips from which you are getting ddosed

That's not gonna work. If syn flood, the IPs are spoofed, if UDP flood, they use amplification attacks from spoofed IPs, if botnet, good luck contacting all those people with ie6 and xp without any sp to clean their machines.

The carriers can track it down, but they benefit from the traffic and have no interest in doing it.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • VPNVPN Member

@Maounique said:
    The carriers can track it down, but they benefit from the traffic and have no interest in doing it.

Recent regulations in the UK see media companies trying to force ISPs to suspend customers who download illegal content like films and music. ISPs however have argued that we are at a level now where the internet should be considered a human right and for this reason are pushing that into law.

With this in mind, if the internet did officially become a human right then a DDoS attack on a site/server could be considered a breach of the publics human rights as you're effectively refusing them access to the internet that they use.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • @asterisk14 said:
    serverian - any 128/256/512 plans on your UK location.

I'm not able to post offers :)

Thanked by 1mpkossen