Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFOrce / Serverius
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFOrce / Serverius

georgegeorge Member

Hello,

In terms of connectivity (EU), which one of these two is more likely to perform better?

https://www.nforce.com/

http://www.serverius.eu/

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

dog #carrot

• iceTwyiceTwy Member

@INIZ is at NFOrce in the Netherlands, so Patrick might be able to enlighten you about it.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member

@AlexanderM said:

dog #carrot

I was just eating a carrot and there was a dog running around.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@george said:
    I was just eating a carrot and there was a dog running around.

hehe. My post didn't even format correct lol

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2014

I don't know much about Serverius's network, however NForce has been great for us and it's really stable as well - https://noc.nforce.com/smokeping

You should get a test IP from Serverius/NF and compare latency through some sites like super-ping.com / just-ping.com & ping.ms

Thanked by 1george
  • @AlexanderM said:

dog #carrot

INB4 MEMBER WITHOUT SIGNATURE.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

I've tried many server providers located in the netherlands with various different datacenters and prefer out of all Serverius.

They give me the best ping & routing while I'm connected to their network from my ISP (UPC) as VPN user.

Thanked by 1george
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Mark_R said: I've tried many server providers located in the netherlands with various different datacenters and prefer out of all Serverius.

Serverius is nice for the price, but other ISPs in NL have better networks (even if particularly you get better latency with UPC).

@george both ISPs are on par in terms of connectivity. Nice networks at good prices. You can maybe get a better deal with Serverius, but both are very nice for the low prices they offer.

Thanked by 1george
  • taronyutaronyu Member

Nforce, Serverius isn't bad but Nforce is better.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2014

@Nyr said:
    george both ISPs are on par in terms of connectivity. Nice networks at good prices. You can maybe get a better deal with Serverius, but both are very nice for the low prices they offer.

Ok, thank you.

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited May 2014
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2014

@MuZo said:
    Serverious has more peers but NFOrce has more capacity

More peers doesn't always mean better connectivity, thanks for the info though.

• UpstageUpstage Member

What makes me laugh is the background of NFOrce.nl which is still associated with Warez somehow. Yet people buy servers from them and make all their shit "legit".
    Seems like a nice way to launder some money.

Just look for "Nforce scene releases" in Google or http://www.nfohump.com/ which is listing illegal/cracked softwares that are released.
    Proudly hosted at nforce.com and with banners/ads linking to nforce.com.

• irmirm Member

I see nothing illegal on that site? Just a bunch of NFO files that don't directly link to anything illegal...

If they had direct download links or even torrent/magnet links leading to pirated software/movies/music you'd have a point but they don't so....

• @Upstage said:
    What makes me laugh is the background of NFOrce.nl which is still associated with Warez somehow. Yet people buy servers from them and make all their shit "legit".
    Seems like a nice way to launder some money.

Just look for "Nforce scene releases" in Google or http://www.nfohump.com/ which is listing illegal/cracked softwares that are released.
    Proudly hosted at nforce.com and with banners/ads linking to nforce.com.

It's not illegal, it's allowed in Holland to link to stuff like that, uploading is a whole different story though

• WilliamWilliam Member

joodle said: What makes me laugh is the background of NFOrce.nl which is still associated with Warez somehow. Yet people buy servers from them and make all their shit "legit". Seems like a nice way to launder some money.

WHat they do is not illegal in NL, and never was.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

Both are good i used Linux vps from hosthatch based on serverius network and used windows vps from centralhosts based on nforce network both have great network.But i think you want to use it for gaming if gaming then nforce will be better option since they have gaming optimized network(not sure).

Thanked by 1george
  • publiopublio Member

@William said:
    WHat they do is not illegal in NL, and never was.

It may not be illegal, but it's still something that would dissuade any business from hosting anything on the same network.

• PatrickPatrick Member

@publio said:
    It may not be illegal, but it's still something that would dissuade any business from hosting anything on the same network.

NForce is quite big so I doubt that's the case

Thanked by 2george boernd
  • JacobHJacobH Member

Have a few servers with NForce and the service has been just great so far! Can't comment on Serverius' network though.

Thanked by 1george
  • UpstageUpstage Member

@publio said:

True.

The funny thing is that it's how NFOrce.nl started. Publishing these lists.
    Then later on they moved to doing this """"""legit"""""" servers company.

Unlike other companies like OVH or Leaseweb, which started as real providers and then got used to host illegal stuff due to their low prices. NFOrce is quite the opposite. Trying to move away from the dark side.

• WilliamWilliam Member

Upstage said: Trying to move away from the dark side.

No, the services in question are still and will be maintained in the future by Nforce.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Serverius is far larger as far as being well peered goes.