Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We've open sourced
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We've open sourced

jhjh Member
edited May 2014 in General

After numerous conversations with customers, friends, investors and would-be interested parties, we've decided to open source our software and continue to grow the consultancy side of our business.

This means that you can now get a completely free (Apache licence), PHP/Symfony2 billing suite. It supports payment/gateway modules (though gateways will need to be written), invoices, expenses, project and inventory tracking, bulk data management and a great UI. Although there are bugs, the software uses a modern code base with PDO and other security features.

This software will be maintained in our spare time, so of course, PRs and issues are welcome via our Github page and forum.

Those with a SaaS account can be transferred easily. Wait for an email about this.

Paid support/development/consultancy are also available if you want to support Loading Deck :)

Forum: http://community.loadingdeck.com/

Github: https://github.com/LoadingDeck/Billing

Note: if you're still seeing the old website with pricing/online signup, clear your DNS cache.

Comments

• Open sores

Thanked by 1fisle
  • It seems it doesn't come with any modules. How to obtain the modules?

• jhjh Member

serverian said: It seems it doesn't come with any modules. How to obtain the modules?

The modules we were using as part of the SaaS were licensed to us from a third party for use in our own environment only. So, sadly, modules will need to be coded fresh. However, if you look at the code that calls the modules, you'll see the modules can be quite similar to another popular system.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

Can't wait to set this up and write some modules! Thanks for releasing as free software @jhadley

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Any donation button?

• It's awesome. Thanks :-)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well done sir. I think open source with paid support and private development could take this project quite far.

• Excellent

• jhjh Member

Glad to see it's popular.

perennate said: Can't wait to set this up and write some modules!

Great!

netomx said: Any donation button?

Not for now.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • iceTwyiceTwy Member

Honestly? Bravo, @jhadley!

• wychwych Member

Nice to see another billing platform moving forward; hopefully some nice modules come out soon!

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@wych said:
    Nice to see another billing platform moving forward; hopefully some nice modules come out soon!

Modules are very similar to the ones used for WHMCS, they just need some tweaking and they should work.

• wychwych Member

@rmlhhd said:

Even better!

• Mark_RMark_R Member

It looks great, thanks!

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

wow.. thank you, i hope Loading Deck great success! :-D

• Great billing platform :)

• manddarmanddar Member
    edited May 2014

@jhadley

Sorry for question here, I have installed LoadingDeck on one of my servers. I followed steps as mentioned in GIT readme. When I try to open website it shows me directory listing and initial page is not shown.

I am new to Symphony, so there might be some simple configuration that I am missing.

can anybody help?

thanks in advance.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@manddar said:
    jhadley

Sorry for question here, I have installed LoadingDeck on one of my servers. I followed steps as mentioned in GIT readme. When I try to open website it shows me directory listing and initial page is not shown.

I am new to Symphony, so there might be some simple configuration that I am missing.

can anybody help?

thanks in advance.

I had the same issue, told me to pay £25 for him to install it.

• manddarmanddar Member

rmlhhd said: I had the same issue, told me to pay £25 for him to install it.

:(

• Now you can actually call it OpenBilling :D

Btw who is the "we" you are speaking of?

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited May 2014

Bravo @jhadley

• MonsteRMonsteR Member

@jhadley said:

Thanks for the news, This should be really interesting to see how it goes and we might try it out. :)

• @manddar said:
    @rmlhhd said:

Make sure your apache is setup to AllowOveride ("AllowOveride All") on your install directory, and make sure you have the .htaccess file that was committed to GitHub after it was initially released.

// I have not actually installed it myself, just guessing.

• manddarmanddar Member
    edited May 2014

Jono20201 said: Make sure your apache is setup to AllowOveride ("AllowOveride All") on your install directory, and make sure you have the .htaccess file that was committed to GitHub after it was initially released.

Thanks for comment, may be you are right. Same thing is suggested here
    http://www.getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/45790/#position-2

• manddarmanddar Member

Reached till I received another application error "There was an error. Please contact us for a resolution. " This error is not logged in error.log

I followed above steps to resolved previous error.

• DavidxDavidx Member

@rmlhhd said:

LOL

• @manddar said:
    jhadley

When I try to open website it shows me directory listing and initial page is not shown.

nonloadingdeck?

• jhjh Member
    edited May 2014

To those of you having trouble installing it, please make sure you've done the following:

• Pointed your web server to the "web" folder inside Symfony
    • If you're using Apache, have AllowOverride set to All
    • If you're not using Apache, have rewritten all requests to the app.php file.

If you're having further difficulties, you can change the rewriting to app_dev.php to see the error, or check app/logs/prod.log.

For the record, I'm happy to help as much as I can - and have set up a forum in addition to the Github page, but @rmlhhd was asking for help on Skype (and often asks for help on Skype), which is something I think I'm entitled to charge for.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Now you can actually call it OpenBilling :D

Btw who is the "we" you are speaking of?

Their partnered with SoftLayer

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

RuntimeException: Failed to write cache file "/var/www/app/cache/dev/classes.php".

Getting this on app_dev.php after removing the localhost check, and it shows me the directory listing. Any ideas?

Edit: Apache has AllowOverride to All, and mod_rewrite is installed.