Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DireVPS ★ Size isn't everything! ★ £4/m/4GB, £2.50/m/2GB, £1.25/m/1GB, £7.50/y/512MB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DireVPS ★ Size isn't everything! ★ £4/m/4GB, £2.50/m/2GB, £1.25/m/1GB, £7.50/y/512MB

DaveDave Member
edited May 2014 in Offers

I'm not going to lie to you. It's big.

It's real big.

But size isn't everything. Hell no. I've seen people do things with a 32MB VPS that would make your eyes water.

Sure, they knew their stuff and could work it like a master puppeteer and sure, some people would point and laugh but you know, ain't nobody got time for that. Bring out the big guns.

"Dave", I'd hear them say. "You gonna show us something impressive on that thing?"
"No", I'd say, loading up my bloated Ubuntu desktop. "I ain't got nuthin to prove to no-one"

"We don't sees it like that!", they'd reply, fingers resting lightly on their Lynx browser.

Then suddenly, we'd both ls -la our Apache processes. First one worker thread, then two more. Before you knew it SSH was away and SMTP was junking spam quicker than you could say me gusta!

I knew it wouldn't take long and soon, ol 32MB VPS was struggling. Response times shot up. HTTP requests slowed to a crawl. Loads hit all time highs. I had him where I wanted him.

I tapped on my desktop IRC client, "Do you even lift?"

I waited... but there was no reply.

The deal

OpenVZ

£4.00/month per 4GB RAM, 1GB vSwap, 100GB Disk space, 2000GB monthly data transfer.
https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/product/399

£2.50/month per 2GB RAM, 512MB vSwap, 50GB Disk space, 1000GB monthly data transfer.
https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/product/523

£1.25/month per 1GB RAM, 256MB vSwap, 25GB Disk space, 500GB monthly data transfer.
https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/product/522

£7.50/year per 512MB RAM, 128MB vSwap, 12.5GB Disk space, 250GB monthly data transfer.
https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/product/521

CPU capped to 800MHz 2 x 1600Mhz on all packages.

All options come with two IPv6 addresses and one IPv4 address.

More info available at http://www.direvps.com

Specs

RapidSwitch Datacentre (Maidenhead, UK) 4x 10k RPM in Hardware RAID10 with BBU

Thanked by 1Mark_R

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

That £7.50/year offer is too good to pass up. I'm in there like swimwear. Also, awesome ad again @Dave.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

do you mind legal torrent usage on these servers? what virtualization is being used?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited May 2014

I'm sorry.. What!? This. Amazing. How.

• DaveDave Member

@Nekki said:
    That £7.50/year offer is too good to pass up. I'm in there like swimwear. Also, awesome ad again Dave.

Thanks Nekki :) - Been a while since we IRC'd!

• DaveDave Member
    edited May 2014

@Mark_R said:
    do you mind legal torrent usage on these servers? what virtualization is being used?

Torrenting isn't allowed on DireVPS (apologies for the confusion)

It's OpenVZ - added to advert - thanks.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • BluBoyBluBoy Member

Yea, I was in there for the UK IP address...

Got flagged before I could even try to pay, the Motherland still thinks of us Aussies as convicts :(

• IshaqIshaq Member

said: I'm not going to lie to you. It's big.

What are we talking about? >_>

Thanked by 2Mark_R Inglar
  • DaveDave Member

@BluBoy said:
    Yea, I was in there for the UK IP address...

Got flagged before I could even try to pay, the Motherland still thinks of us Aussies as convicts :(

Can you email me at support@ and I'll have a quick chat with you to see if Her Majesty can pardon the sins of the fathers?

Thanked by 20xdragon BluBoy
  • wow, great offer and i like the honesty which is refreshing around here.

Thanked by 1Dave
  • WorldWorld Veteran

said: I'm not going to lie to you. It's big.

It's real big.

Yeah,it's great!

• OpenITC... I tried to get a 128mb machine once in the past and got flagged, and rejected before I even had access to the machine.

Is this still a problem for USA residents?

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

Thanks Dave. Up and going, everything looks pretty good so far.
    Nice T&C's and a refreshing control panel... I think you're being ripped off with these deals!

Thanked by 1Dave
  • DaveDave Member

@etcSudoers said:
    OpenITC... I tried to get a 128mb machine once in the past and got flagged, and rejected before I even had access to the machine.

Is this still a problem for USA residents?

There can be a whole host of reasons why someone can be flagged.

If someone ever is asked for validation, I'll occasionally allow verification through other means but this is done on a case by case basis and often it depends on the individual if that's an option.

We get a lot of angry potential customers who feel we're too strict but our existing customers sure do appreciate it. It's a balance and often we'll err on the side of caution.

• @Dave - just got flagged for a manual check, and wanted you to know that... I'm totally OK with that :) Thanks for the great offer!

Thanked by 1Dave
  • instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

Just want to let you guys know.That this company is very professional.They really care about their customer.I signed up for them few days ago and i was having some trouble with control panel and they fixed it and in fact they offered me one month free for the trouble i faced.I have never seen such a great company.So for me this company is A+++++.

Thanked by 1Dave
  • trexostrexos Member

Your website says "CPU capped to 800MHz". You should write that on your offers here as well, because this is kinda big limitation.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

How much allocated cpu for each plan?

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@trexos said:
    Your website says "CPU capped to 800MHz". You should write that on your offers here as well, because this is kinda big limitation.

I dont think that he needs to do this. he already reffered people to the direvps.com website for more information in his original post.

"More info available at http://www.direvps.com"

this should be enough, if people are too lazy to confirm what they are buying then that is their problem.

Thanked by 2Linkking Dave
  • trexostrexos Member

@Mark_R

Well, but its a limitation and IMO they should write that. It might be legal, tbh I don't know anything bout that. But its just not that user friendly.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Damn.. prices for UK drops but still OVZ Become a hit number one on LEB :)

• does anyone have a direvps? what is the i/o and uptime like?

• "Based on your particulars, your order has been flagged for manual review by a member of staff."

Ok?

• trexostrexos Member
    edited May 2014

@jcaleb said:
    How much allocated cpu for each plan?

@trexos said:

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • elixirelixir Member

@Dave

can you provide a test IP / looking glass link?

• DaveDave Member

@trexos said:

Thanks for picking that up. I've added it to the text now.

• DaveDave Member

@trexos said:
    Mark_R

Well, but its a limitation and IMO they should write that. It might be legal, tbh I don't know anything bout that. But its just not that user friendly.

We're completely transparent and not trying to trick anyone but as per my previous reply, I've added it to the text above too :)

• DaveDave Member

@Makkesk8 said:
    "Based on your particulars, your order has been flagged for manual review by a member of staff."

Ok?

If you email me at support@openitc with your account details I'll take a look at your orde and see if there's anything we can do for you.

• CPU Speed Limited to 0.8Ghz

• From the FAQ, personal vpn server is allowed, but do we have tun/tap/ppp enabled or we need to request it?

• seansean Member

Skynetwork said: CPU Speed Limited to 0.8Ghz

We will be upping the limit sometime today for all new and existing customers.