Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ModulesGarden Releases Triple Update! SolusVM Extended VPS 1.3 + Cloud 1.3 + Reseller 1.2.2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ModulesGarden Releases Triple Update! SolusVM Extended VPS 1.3 + Cloud 1.3 + Reseller 1.2.2

ModulesGarden is happy to announce a triple release of very long-awaited module updates. Ladies and gentlemen, here they are, SolusVM Extended modules for WHMCS in their new versions!

• SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS 1.3
  • SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS 1.3
  • SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS 1.2.2

Link to changelog: http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/solusvm_extended_modules/changelog

1. SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS will allow you to automate the provisioning of virtual servers to your customers who will be able to purchase and manage them directly from your WHMCS client area.

Link to module page: http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/solusvm_extended_vps/features

2. SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS will let your customers to order, create and manage multiple virtual servers in your WHMCS client area. Owing to module your clients will be able to freely add, remove, rebuild and upgrade virtual servers according to their needs. The decision of resource limit usage belongs entirely to customers and is limited only by the products prepared by you.

Link to module page: http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/solusvm_extended_cloud/features

3. SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS module will allow you to automate the creation and provisioning of complete products to your resellers. Such products consist of specified server resources like available number of users, number of virtual machines or amount of disk space. Owing to our module you can sell those products to your resellers who will offer included resources to their own customers through the WHMCS!

Link to module page: http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/solusvm_extended_reseller/features

Comments

• smansman Member
    edited May 2014

Thanks guys.

Looking at the changelog and it only says "Fixed: Console did not work properly"

Was Java SSH console fixed for OpenVZ?

• According to my information, yes.
    Allow me please to contact with our developers and verify this to avoid any understatements. I will get back to you as soon as I will have more detailed information.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited May 2014

As a general warning, this module does NOT work at present when using the "username counter per server". I reported the bug during beta testing a week ago and they released without verifying that this was fixed. I'd advise awaiting an additional release with the proper fix.

Bug:

"Username counter per server" checkbox returns a "Empty Username Field" when provisioning a new VPS.

• Hi,

We are investigating the problem.
    Within less than 24 hours we will have a fix or a solution for you.

• @sman
    I confirm that Java SSH console was fixed for OpenVZ.

@SkylarM
    We are working on a little update that will solve this issue. We may release it even later today.

• smansman Member
    edited May 2014

@SkylarM said:
    As a general warning, this module does NOT work at present when using the "username counter per server". I reported the bug during beta testing a week ago and they released without verifying that this was fixed. I'd advise awaiting an additional release with the proper fix.

Bug:

"Username counter per server" checkbox returns a "Empty Username Field" when provisioning a new VPS.

What I do is create new VPS's with the Solus module. After it's created with all the proper info in all the fields I switch the product to use the ModulesGarden version. I manually verify orders and provisioning anyways so that works for me.

There are some other things about the Modules Garden module I don't like for creating new VPS's. The auto increment of usernames does not work between different products. Maybe they fixed that now. I filed a bug report about it some time ago. That was why I switched to just using the Solus module for that.

I mainly use the Modules Garden module because of the nice client facing product details control panel with customizable templates.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member

@sman said:
    The auto increment of usernames does not work between different products.

Yep that's fixed in this build. It's incremented per server (option under server to set the number, then per-product you'd set to the "user counter per server" tickbox.

They just need to fix the empty username error and it'll be good.

• We have just released SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS 1.3.1 with necessary improvements.

• New Feature: SolusVM username will be stored at the client's profile if 'One SolusVM User Per VPS For The Same Client' functionality is unchecked
    • New Feature: Ability to choose SolusVM username by client when ordering a product

Here is the link to our documentation regarding those changes.

• smansman Member
    edited May 2014

I'm having problems with it whining about username missing so nobody can order. Even if the product is not associated with the ModulesGarden module. Just having this module installed is enough to prevent orders from working. Had to downgrade back to the previous version.

I guess this is the problem SkylarM was talking about. They haven't fixed this yet.

• This is the exact problem that we were working on sman. And the exact reason why we released version 1.3.1, to fix the problem reported by SkylarM. Could you please create a ticket so we will be able to verify this on your env?

• smansman Member
    edited May 2014

I am told there is a fix for this although doesn't look like the update has been added to the modulesgarden website yet.

• ModulesGardenModulesGarden Member
    edited May 2014

Polished version should be available soon.

We are currently collecting feedback via tickets and verifying each report.

• Owing to your valuable feedback, we were able to bring the module to a state that meets your expectations.
    The final update (for now) of SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS 1.3.2 is ready.

Changelog:

• New Feature: 'Username When Ordering' option allows you to decide whether your client can choose his username
    • New Feature: Check if SolusVM user exists at the products assigned to currently used SolusVM server

For more information visit our website.

• smansman Member
    edited May 2014

Now I am having problems with it not saving clientpassword. The developer cannot even acknowledge that it's his variable. So I know more about it than he does which is scary considering how bad I am at coding.

This reminds me of another bug I found with this that the developer insisted they could not reproduce. Basically I cannot use this module for some of my products because of the bug. It calculates the Memory or Bandwidth wrong when you go over 1024MB. It calculates that as 1TB instead of 1GB. How such an obvious black and white calculation bug cannot be reproduced is beyond me.

I cannot recommend this module to anyone. As far as I can tell it is just one guy somewhere in Eastern Europe working on it part time. The module is obviously not being tested properly. They probably don't have enough customers using it for it to be vetted out that way either based on these obvious bugs I am finding.

You get what you pay for.

• We have localized your ticket in our system. There must be some sort of misunderstanding between you and our developer or the problem might be connected with your environment as no one else has reported this yet. We will verify this as a critical matter.

The information that you shared are quite untrue. There are more than just one developer working on this module. And there are a few testers engaged for each release of it. However it's impossible to create a product that is 100% bug-free, no one can do that. Fact is that SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS is one of our most extensive and complicated modules and even a couple of testers testing it on various environments for weeks can't find 100% of the problems.

We will surprise you here but module is being actively used by a few hundred of customers and none of them reported problem similar to you before. As this post is being created two modules were sold. After release of version 1.3.2 we received very few tickets with bug reports which it definitely a good sign that module is much better than before. Nevertheless from time to time a bug will appear, that's normal for such an advanced piece of work. We are not ignoring any bug report and we release fixes very quickly. In most cases we don't even ask our customers to wait for the next version of module but we release updates ASAP.

Please do not jump to conclusions so fast and allow us to investigate your case first.
    We will verify your ticket as soon as possible and I am sure that we can find here a solution that will satisfy you.

We strongly believe in your cooperation in this matter.