Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Minds???????? SCAM???????
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Minds???????? SCAM???????

LeoKLeoK Member

I ordered a Dedi from Dedicated Minds close to a month ago. After I paid the invoice on 4/11 and lost total contact with them. Ticket after ticket no progress was made. After demanding refund several times they SetUp the server on 4/29 but with out IP allocation that I needed. Leaving the Server Useless too me. They now post new INVOICES due. I put tickets in and they close them without responding. I do not like the idea of posting things like this here however I am trying to figure out if they Are they a scam or just Incompetent???

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014
  • vpnareavpnarea Member

I have a server with them and so far so good.

• LeoKLeoK Member

If we could have just received clear communication from him that would be different. Now I would just like him to refund the payment. Best of luck to him however we dont have time to deal with problems like these

• NekkiNekki Veteran

They're not a scam as far as i can tell, they just had virtually bin-existent support.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    They're not a scam as far as i can tell, they just had virtually bin-existent support.

He pushing the term unmanaged a lil' too far?

• LeoKLeoK Member

haha,,, yes a little too far

• NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: He pushing the term unmanaged a lil' too far?

Yeh really. If I hadn't had a reply last week, I'd say they'd abandoned support, but as it stands it looks like they've got someone in once a week to clear up tickets.

• LeoKLeoK Member

Clearing Tickets? or just Closing them? "Clearing" would imply that the tickets are being resolved.......

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

you will not get any support.. move on

• sleddogsleddog Member

Dedicated Minds provides a good product but as other have said, support isn't good.

I have a 384MB in New Jersey, performance is excellent.

But now and then it'll disappear off the radar for 3, 4, 5 hours. No communications from the company, no information that I can find.

I cancelled it. There are much better options.

• LeoKLeoK Member

Yes, I would be more compelled to agree it was bad service If they ever supplied the services that I paid $138 for. Or If they would have refunded when it became clear that they did not intend on providing the services sold. However it was not bad service I got but none. I will definitely move on.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I'd be setting fire to stuff if I'd paid $140 for something I never received.

Thanked by 2Mark_R badpatrick
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I'll leave this public whois info here: http://who.is/whois/dedicatedminds

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@matthewvz said:
    I'll leave this public whois info here: http://who.is/whois/dedicatedminds

That's a 'virtual office' address.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

If you really need that $$ back without possibly losing a paypal dispute (buyer's protection my ass), chargeback the paypal payments from your bank. i've done it before and got everything back.

one note, I had to create a new paypal account afterwards using a virtual CC and different contact informations + IP.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Mark_R but didnt they send you letters?

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Infinity580 said:
    Mark_R but didnt they send you letters?

not that I am aware of.

• ViennaVienna Member
    edited May 2014

No scam, and Reece seems to be a nice guy but, unfortunately, their service has practically degraded to zero since their recent move to the new NJ facility.

I had a nice, cheap, fast VPS in Clifton and was quite happy with it even though it took them less than an hour to disappoint me first (Pre-sale: Me: "Can I have IPs from different subnets?". Reece: "Sure, no problem, we have more than enough address space". Signed up, account activated. Other guy from support: "Sorry, not possible, we only have one little IP block, there's nothing I can do"). But performance was really good for some time until the 1Gb/s port was suddenly limited to 100Mb/s. Still remained usable for some route testing etc. once in a while. They once had some technical problems over a few days and even actively offered compensation (which I declined as my account hadn't been actively used during that time anyway) - seemed like a very nice and generous gesture.

Then they moved to the Weehawken datacenter, initially it worked again and it first seemed pretty good. Then suddenly my account went down and I had to boot it manually several times. At the end of April the control panel finally seems to have stopped working (lost connection to node/account?), ignored all boot/restart commands and I had to open a ticket to have it booted again manually by someone from support, which happened about two days later. The same happened again on May 2nd, I opened another ticket, and so far nothing has happened at all, ticket totally ignored and my vps is still offline. Whatever has happened there, that's too much for me now. Either the first impression was way too positive and I was just lucky that it worked for some time, or they just gave up on it and don't care anymore. Even though I was pretty happy at first and even left some positive feedback here, I would not recommend them any more... :-(

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • wychwych Member

@Infinity580 said:
    Mark_R but didnt they send you letters?

Yeah I thought if you chargebacked via CC to PP your PP account was closed due to you disputing with the CC not PP direct.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member

Considering he is banned from WHT for purchasing designs with stolen paypal accounts.

Uses stolen paypal accounts to buy goods and services and also rips designs - I wouldn't count on him being too reliable. I know I wouldn't be sending a single cent his way.

• I've given him a design job 2 months ago and paid in advance ($260 in BTC). Then poof! :)

• srvrprosrvrpro Member

serverian said: I've given him a design job 2 months ago

You should've hired me.

• Wow crazy

• wychwych Member

@srvrpro said:
    You should've hired me.

Or me.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited May 2014

@Mark_R said:
    If you really need that $$ back without possibly losing a paypal dispute (buyer's protection my ass), chargeback the paypal payments from your bank. i've done it before and got everything back.

one note, I had to create a new paypal account afterwards using a virtual CC and different contact informations + IP.

be CAREFUL when you say that word, you will anger @jarland ! O___o

/scared

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@darkshire said:
    /scared

Yep, because there's 0 difference in doing a chargeback against someone who fails to deliver and doing a chargeback against a company because you violated their policy.

/sarcasm

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @serverian said:
    I've given him a design job 2 months ago and paid in advance ($260 in BTC). Then poof! :)

hmmm....
    i remember sending pm that i would do it in advance then you pay...
    you had to pay someone else in advance....

Nice

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@serverian said:
    I've given him a design job 2 months ago and paid in advance ($260 in BTC). Then poof! :)

Yeah, owes me £100 (GBP) as well.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@AlexanderM said:
    Yeah, owes me £100 (GBP) as well.

Shet, lucky thing I didn't take up his offer on designs and bitcoin trade. ;p

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

For the love of all that is holy in this world, I go without eating for a day sometimes to pay my bills on time and he runs off with people's money? Sometimes it is a good thing I am a Christian or certain people would not like me very much.