Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Couple of Custom Server Configs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Couple of Custom Server Configs

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
edited May 2014 in Requests

Hello,

I have an ongoing requirement for the following server configs.

Server Specs

`Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2620 or E3-1230 V3
RAM: 8GB
HDD1: 1TB Sata
HDD2: 1TB Sata

Raid: 1 (Software)
Subnet: /29 with VLAN
Bandwidth: 20TB on Gigabit`

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2620 or E3-1230 V3 RAM: 32GB HDD1: 500GB SSD HDD2: 500GB SSD HDD3: 500GB SSD HDD4: 500GB SSD Raid: Hardware Raid 1+0 (10) Subnet: /29 with VLAN Bandwidth: 20TB on Gigabit

I would like the potential provider to have multiple geographic locations available that these can be deployed on. So single homed networks and single location providers would not be considered for these configs.

Let me know lead times and costs via PM and we will get back to you with respect to placing an order.

Thank you :)

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

I would also be interested in details regarding the first box, RAID1 not 10 though.

• @agoldenberg said:

>

HDD1: 1TB Sata HDD2: 1TB Sata Raid: 10 (Software)

Cool!

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@forthcloud thanks for spotting that. Was supposed to be raid 1

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2014

A single Xeon E5-2620 with 32GB RAM? Why not an E3 then?

Edit:
    1x E5-2620 v2 - cpu benchmark 8585
    1x E3-1230 v3 - cpu benchmark 9550

Granted the E5 is 6 cores / 12 threads, but at just 2.1GHz.

@rds100 Either or will do. I would just prefer a CPU that isn't EOL and the E3-1230s are EOL according to intel.

@rds100 woops! Guess I searched wrong. Either way I'd take an offer on either CPU. So far no offers just comments.

• @agoldenberg said:
    rds100 Either or will do. I would just prefer a CPU that isn't EOL and the E3-1230s are EOL according to intel.

E3v1 is EOL, v2 and v3 are not.

I updated what I am looking for. VLAN requirement is simply to keep latency down between servers. If they are on the same network, we want to pass traffic over LAN and not over the internet.

• Delimiter has E3-1230v3, you can get them on a private VLAN irrespective of whether they are on different floors. I would shoot Steve an email and get him to quote you. They've got a load of them instock

@MarkTurner we have a supplier in Atlanta at the moment, however we would be interested in other locations.

• I didn't mention Atlanta - it could be NY, Dallas, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle and shortly Toronto

@MarkTurner Toronto would be golden as well as LA NY and Possibly Seattle. Look forward to hearing from Steve

• wychwych Member

@rethinkvps said:

>

Hey,

>

Regarding what you said in that quote thread we can offer Dallas/Seattle Xeon E5-2620 (6 Cores, 12 Threads, 2.5GHz Turbo) 64GB DDR-3 ECC H/W RAID 10 4 x 480GB SSD's 30TB @ 1Gbps 5 Usable IP's

>

For $540/month.

@wych No need for that much RAM.

• wychwych Member

@agoldenberg said:
    wych No need for that much RAM.

Haha I think I'd struggle to fill that lot too; rethinkvps sent it me so just making you aware.

• I've checked the stock in the datacenter and we can do.

E3-1230
    32GB DDR-3 ECC RAM
    H/W RAID 0,1,10 card
    4x 480GB SSD
    Up to /24 IPV4 free per machine
    100TB on gig port per machine

$219/month, $956 setup each (split as $478 setup month 1, $478 setup month 2).

Or

$399/month, $0 setup 

@rethinkvps thanks but no thanks. $1K setup fee is atrocious. I have 3 other providers I am working with that have pricing that makes sense for us. Yours doesn't make any sense for us.

• We do have the $399 a month and $0 setup fee.