Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SURVEY] OpenVZ VPS - 1GB RAM, 50GB HDD, 600GB/1TB Mo. Traffic - Location: Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SURVEY] OpenVZ VPS - 1GB RAM, 50GB HDD, 600GB/1TB Mo. Traffic - Location: Germany

XTServersXTServers Member
edited May 2014 in Offers

Hello there!

We've been following LET and LEB for quite a while now (almost 2 years) but didn't really post anything until this week.

Considering the "7$/month max" deals LEB requires we were thinking to set up a special/limitted offer but we would like to ask the community about some feedback. This would help us shape an offer to fit your needs better.

How does this sound for you guys?

Dik space: 50GB (or 5-7GB SSD)

Guaranteed RAM: 1GB

No. of cores: 1

Monthly traffic: 600GB (we're thinking of increasing to 1TB)

No. of IPv4 Addresses: 1

Network port: 100Mbps (for each VPS, the server has 1Gbps connection)

Network uptime: 99.9%

PRICE: 5euro / month (a bit under 7$)

A benchmark for a similar VPS would be: http://www.xtservers.com/blog/2014/01/performance-testbenchmark-29-jan-2014-xvps1/

We think it should be a decent offer with NO OVERSELLING. All resources are guaranteed.

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

said: Network port: 100Mbps (for each VPS, the server has 1Gbps connection)

said: We think it should be a decent offer with NO OVERSELLING. All resources are guaranteed.

So, approx 10 VPS per node?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

I guess the Node cost at least 50-60Euros per Month so should be 15-20VPS's but not 10

• @rsk said:

That, like the CPU, is a shared resource. We're talking about HDD/SSD, RAM and monthly traffic. Excuse me for misguidance on the ALL RESOURCES and the network port.

• @Infinity580 said:
    I guess the Node cost at least 50-60Euros per Month so should be 15-20VPS's but not 10

The node costs a bit over twice what you said. This is a really low profit offer that we would like to put out there. That is why I said the offer would be limited, because of the very low profit on this deal.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Just out of curiousity, how many responses do you need in order to make an informed decision?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited May 2014

Edit: I failed to read the title!

Anyway, there are a few German offers but there need to be more KVM offers ;)

• @Nekki said:
    Just out of curiousity, how many responses do you need in order to make an informed decision?

We are pretty sure we're going to release the offer, but we would like to see if potential clients have any other specific needs that we can cover without additional costs.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2014

You can start by trying to explain what are your advantages over e.g. https://www.ultravps.eu/en/plans/
    where their normal plans are Xen (not OpenVZ), and are still cheaper than what you posted.
    Also that provider is pretty well-known with universally good reviews, while you are totally new here.
    Sorry but you seem to run an inefficient business and no one is going to jump at your mediocre OpenVZ "offer".

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@rsk said:

Nope, 320 vps per node, because 1gbps = 320tb / 1tb

• niclasonlineniclasonline Member
    edited May 2014

@XTServers: How how much ghz per core ? :-)

• @rm_: This is not a sales thread so I can't start by comparisons with other vendors. According to what you said, everyone who dares to post an offer that costs more than 3euros should just give up. This thread is not for convincing people into buying our services nor to force them to do so. Whoever is not interested can just skip this thread. :) I have noted that the price is still high compared to your expectations.

@niclasonline: Node will be equipped with either i7 @3.4GHz or Xeon E3-1270 v3 @3.5GHz.

• Removed the poll because I had to move this to "Offers".

• Since the poll has been removed and the offer is not live yet, can we please have this thread closed/locked?

Thank you!