Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1000 VPS per node! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1000 VPS per node!

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Virtovo said: Seems GVH might be seeding his idea

GVH + mtwiscool. Perfect.

• pcanpcan Member

@jvnadr said: Is there any way in the real world that could handle 1000 vps's in a single node, whatever the specs on that node?

Almost anything is possible, when cost is not a issue.

I believe that 1000 good performing 1 or 2 Gb KVM VPS's are technically possible today on a single node. Oddball hardware is needed, of course. As example, the IBM x3950 X6 could be configured with 8 Xeon processors with 15 hyperthreading capable cores each (240 total hardware threads: a comfortable 1:4 overselling on the 1000 KVM VPS scenario); has 192 RAM sockets @ 1600 MHz (a few Tb worth of RAM sticks are easily fitted to avoid any RAM overselling), and can be configured with 32 x 400 Gb eXFlash DIMMs that will greatly increase the I/O throughput. EXflash has 3 times better latency than PCIe based flash, and it is a lot faster than the usual SATA or SAS SSD disks. The system hosts multiple 10 and even 40 Gbps cards, so network speed is not a issue either. Reference: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/technotes/tips1132.pdf

The price of this monster server is out of the roof, so I don't expect any host to offer such solution to the general public.

• DylanDylan Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    Obviously you can oversell but by the fact he's chosen 1k VPS on 32GB RAM with 32GB/VPS

32MB per VPS.

32MBx1000=31.25GB

His plan has lots of problems, but to be be fair, this isn't one of them.

• SunnSunn Member

... What did i just see..

• @Dylan said:

99 problems but RAM aint 1? :D

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@ChrisMiller said:
    Unless you have auto boot right. ;)

Its good for him to not run any other software, even a copy/paste command can take down this type of node(1000 vps)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

overselling is good. increases profits. before today i've had nearly 50 VPS'es on a 8GB NODE, and never had problems

• wychwych Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    overselling is good. increases profits. before today i've had nearly 50 VPS'es on a 8GB NODE, and never had problems

it depends on your packages and the end users intended use of the server.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

There is stupidity, and there is ... hmm ... cant think of the word.

Anyways, best of luck.

• hard disk will give up the game :3

• wychwych Member

@shyaminayesh said:
    hard disk will give up the game :3

DD - 0.1mbps

• wych said: DD - 0.1mbps

i really like this program. because i need to run benchmark :)