Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PeakServers.com | Sent Asked for a Refund Promptly After 1 Hour of Charge, Refuses to Refund
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PeakServers.com | Sent Asked for a Refund Promptly After 1 Hour of Charge, Refuses to Refund

ZealZeal Member
edited May 2014 in Help
  • I have not logged into the vps since the charge.
  • I explained I sent an email to the wrong email address on April 17, 2014 to cancel for a second term.
  • I was charged at 10:03 AM 5/1/2014. The same day I saw the email at 11:00 AM and I sent a ticket at 11:03 AM.
  • I explained several times the situation, and 7 hours later the response is "I am sorry but we do not provide refunds."

I am not trying to abuse any refund policy. I simply did not properly cancel and I nicely asked, "Please properly cancel my account and refund please." This is my first service with them.

What am I doing wrong? Should I just accept my reason as not being valid? Personally, I think after for a refund 1 hour after a bill is reasonable.

I was thinking of complaining about them in ripoffreports, better business bureau, etc.

I understand I didn't cancel, but when I paid for the service they only offered a subscription button for paypal. Normally... well all host I have dealt with offers a non-subscription option along with a subscription option.

I barely used any resources in the first billing term of the service.

Advice?

Their website is: http://peakservers.com/

The customer service agent I spoke to was : Austin Giebel

Thank you for any help guys and gals.

Comments

• ZealZeal Member
    edited May 2014

They state "No refunds or fees paid will be made if account termination is due to violation of these terms." under "Section 7. Server Abuse". I did not preform any server abuse. I barely used any resources....

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2014

Any decent person/provider would just give you a refund, you made a mistake and quickly tried rectified it, in all honesty if they are going to treat a paying customer like that I would do a chargeback and never come back.

You said yourself you hadn't used the server since it renewed and you communicated with them.. so in my opinion it's either

Chargeback

Use the service

or

Argue with them until one of you wins, as they already hold the funds, they've won.

• ZealZeal Member
    edited May 2014

Resource usage:
    http://i60.tinypic.com/wjut54.png
    I logged into the control panel once, just to get stats showing I am not using the service or barely did. =(

@ATHK I will try ask them one more time.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Zeal

3.10 Refunds of Fees Paid

Payments made to PeakServers are non-refundable. We do not provide trial periods or money back for services activated on our network.

Now, can you even read English?

• ZealZeal Member
    edited May 2014

@netomx said:
    Zeal

3.10 Refunds of Fees Paid
    > 
    > Payments made to PeakServers are non-refundable. We do not provide trial periods or money back for services activated on our network.
    > 

Now, can you even read English?

I see that now.
    It was a honest mistake on my part, as typically host offer a non subscription payment option usually.

I am sorry for my English, please forgive me.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Zeal said:
    I am sorry for my English, please forgive me.

Hell is full of honest mistakes, you know?

• ZealZeal Member
    edited May 2014

@netomx said:

@netomx
    I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain to me how knowing, "Hell is full of honest mistakes, you know?" will help me in this situation?
    It seems I may have angered you, again. I can read English and I am sorry if my English skills are not as good as yours. Again, my apologies.

I came here to ask for advice from the community about my situation, not to get my English Skills questioned/mocked at................... Could we stay on topic? I'm feeling offended.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Never anger the @netomx - you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Thanked by 3ehab netomx Magiobiwan
  • DavidxDavidx Member

@netomx said:

Ohh boy. Give the guy a break @netomx :P

• @netomx is a nice person :)

It's just the way he wrote that makes us sometimes misunderstood :)

Thanked by 2Gunter netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

What? He's clearly joking you bunch of goons.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • What is "goons" ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

ErawanArifNugroho said: What is "goons" ?

There's is clearly much I can teach you regarding insults in the English language. Today's assignment is to find the meaning of the following terms:

• Bellend
    • Cheesemit
    • Bumder
    • Briefcase wanker
    • Helmet
    • Smeg off
    • Wizard's sleeve

You've got 48 hours, good luck!

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

So if I've got this right, you used this service, sent an email to cancel it mid-april (which went to the wrong address) after 1 and a half months of service I presume(?). Then they billed you for the next month and refuse to refund you after explaining to them what happened?

I'm sure a lot of hosts would refund you saying that, especially as it hasn't been long. If they don't you will just have to do what @ATHK said.

• Oh my god.. You are really want to teach me so many stuff. You should consider to be an English teacher in here Nekki :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Oh my god.. You are really want to teach me so many stuff. You should consider to be an English teacher in here Nekki :D

If I can get wizard's sleeve into common usage on this forum, I shall die a happy man.

Thanked by 2imagine Pwner
  • VPNVPN Member

@iKeyZ said:
    So if I've got this right, you used this service, sent an email to cancel it mid-april (which went to the wrong address) after 1 and a half months of service I presume(?). Then they billed you for the next month and refuse to refund you after explaining to them what happened?

I'm sure a lot of hosts would refund you saying that, especially as it hasn't been long. If they don't you will just have to do what ATHK said.

No. A charge back is the worst thing he could do.

The OP should have read the ToS.

@mpkossen could you please close this as it's just another 'I didn't read the ToS properly but that's the providers fault' thread.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • nerouxneroux Member

iKeyZ said: If they don't you will just have to do what @ATHK said.

Which would be a clear breach of contract.

• wychwych Member

@neroux said:

However I doubt he cares...

@Zeal said:
    I am not trying to abuse any refund policy. I simply did not properly cancel

• @neroux said:

A cancellation involves a termination of contract.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited May 2014

@joelgm said:
    A cancellation involves a termination of contract.

And because of this cancellation the OP does not need to pay for the next billing term but it does not void the obligations up to the cancellation.

• neroux said: And because of this cancellation the OP does not need to pay for the next billing term but it does not void the obligations up to the cancellation.

Terms under the contract cease to exist once the contract is terminated. There are no obligations post termination. TOS exist for an active service.

• nerouxneroux Member

@joelgm said:
    Terms under the contract cease to exist once the contract is terminated. There are no obligations post termination. TOS exist for an active service.

This is exactly what I said. After the cancellation and a possibly notice period, there are no further obligations. Until then there are.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@joelgm said:

You're still held liable for all obligations while the contract was in force.

• Virtovo said: You're still held liable for all obligations while the contract was in force.

Sure. Aren't we talking about a dispute/chargeback? Leaving morals and distasteful behaviour aside, a chargeback post-termination on the grounds that there was no active service cannot be held as a violation of the TOS.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@joelgm said:

Apart from it being fraud? Services were rendered for the payment.

• nerouxneroux Member

joelgm said: a chargeback post-termination on the grounds that there was no active service cannot be held as a violation of the TOS.

A chargeback in this case is plain and simple fraud.

• Virtovo said: Apart from it being fraud? Services were rendered for the payment.

Not if it was cancelled by agreement. If the provider refuses to cancel service, there is nothing the client can do further.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@joelgm said:
    Not if it was cancelled by agreement. If the provider refuses to cancel service, there is nothing the client can do further.

It appears it wasn't cancelled by agreement as a refund was refused. As you said, there is nothing the client can do further except try to appeal to the better judgement of the provider, use the service or fraudulently charge-back.