Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AWStats?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AWStats?

J1021J1021 Member

I followed this guide for configuring AWStats, omitting any instructions for JAWStats. Have literally installed AWStats (apt-get install awstats), copied the config file and editied the four lines in the guide and then run the command via console. Except it doesn't work, doesn't produce anything. Someone help me? ;)

Comments

• lewekleoneklewekleonek Member
    edited May 2014

Give piwik a shot.

What do you get when you run: "awstats.pl -config=www.example.com -update" in terminal?

• Ran which command via console? IIRC, you set up an alias in your webserver vhost config, and visit it through a browser like awstats.pl?config=domain.com

• J1021J1021 Member

I am seeing the following.

root@zerg:~# /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=img.kcaj.me -update
    Error: SiteDomain parameter not defined in your config/domain file. You must edit it for using this version of AWStats.
    Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).
    root@zerg:~#

The potential problem I see if that my configuration is located at /etc/awstats/img.kcaj.me.conf. It should be there right, if not how would I configure multiple sites? I have tried running

root@zerg:~# /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=img.kcaj.me.conf -update

But it still attempts to run from awstats.conf. Here is a copy of img.kcaj.me.conf.

• Try renaming the file to awstats.img.kcaj.me.conf and running the command again.

• J1021J1021 Member

I've given up on this and gone for Piwik. I do already use Piwik for a site via the javacript tracking method but had forgotten about the logs import function it has.

Thanks all ;)

• @1e10 said:
    Have literally installed AWStats (apt-get install awstats), copied the config file and editied the four lines in the guide and then run the command via console. Except it doesn't work, doesn't produce anything.

Thats AWFul